• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warwick

Peter Burge (5)
I call on the moderators for a ban on Tight Head Lion or an online apology, this site is a pretty serious one and while humour is encouraged, it is hardly a place for outright racism. TIGHT HEAD get this and get it right Newington College is proud of our Tongan Boys and the cultural richness they bring to the school. These boys are deeply Christian and real gentleman as shown by their three cheers for the Joeys supporters last week.
However, in the spirit of Christian forgiveness that Tongan boys would display, I suspect would see Tight Head Lion"s comments stem from a poor attempt at humour and poor sportsmenship that was ill thoughtout and brought about by the disappiontment of a heavy loss from Newington. Our TONGAN BOYS would never disrespect you or your school way you disrespect us today on this site. Such comments do neither Scots or yourself any credit.
Finally,If you have nothing nice to say about Newington or our Tongans say nothing. And I hope the moderators will do something about these tasteless racist comments which in the workplace would get someone fired from their employment.

B

BHRK4

I watched Shore for the first time this season today at Northbridge. There is something special about this team, Riverview stuck it to them but Shore displayed great determination to come from behind. Shore were camped on their try line for about 5 minutes and defended as well as i've seen any schoolboy team this year. Their seems to be a great belief within this side who aren't a team of superstars, but rather strong players who play for each other. I don't know specific names but the number 8 was strong and the young Shore five eighth were excellent today with both players involved in a fantastic try that put Shore in front.

Riverview struggled after losing Rourke early to injury as well as Dempsey (yellow card) which Shore took full advantage of.

Shore 25 Riverview 19

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Kings v Grammar/TAS/High

Firsts: Kings 100 def Grammar 0

Seconds: KIngs 19 def TAS 12

Thirds: Kings 42 def High 3

Firsts:
Kings scored their first try within 4 mins of the kick off and had 26 points on the board after 15 mins. The half time score was 59-0 and it was really nearly touch football. Kings raced away to 78-0 before bringing on a host of replacements from their seconds squad. The carnage continued without respite and by all accounts full time was blown 6 minutes early.

I was very disappointed with Grammar and expected them to make it more of a contest in the early stages especially after the reports about their previous efforts. Whilst pundits can whine on about imports and scholarships if you just draw a line between them and Shore, the hierarchy at Grammar should hang their heads in shame at what they have let happen at a school that has a very long, successful and proud rugby tradition.

Seconds:
A great contest won by Kings in the end through some outstanding defence particualry at the back end of the first half when TAS had long periods of possession at the right end of the field. Kings skipped away to an early 14-0 lead with two excellent backline tries. TAS then dominated possession and looked likely to score on a number of occasions only to be repelled by some outstanding defence from the Kings forwards. When play resumed in the second half Kings again scored early to stretch their lead to 19-0. From then on it was a case of a number of bombed opportunities from Kings that would have seen the lead stretch even further. TAS started to gain good momentum mid way through the second half and scored two tries in quick succession to peg the lead back to 19-12. It was a very physical game and one where TAS showed that they were well up to the standard against a Kings seconds side that still sits atop the GPS ladder. Given the result in the firsts match and the effort put in by TAS, the AAGPS would do well to consider reversing the firsts and seconds fixtures next year by having TAS play the other GPS firsts sides and Grammar the other seconds team.

Thirds:
High's decision to take an early penalty attempt proved wise as it avoided a zero result on the scoreboard. A fairly tradesmanlike performance from KIngs thirds but High competed well despite the final result.

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
I call on the moderators for a ban on Tight Head Lion or an online apology, this site is a pretty serious one and while humour is encouraged, it is hardly a place for outright racism. TIGHT HEAD get this and get it right Newington College is proud of our Tongan Boys and the cultural richness they bring to the school. These boys are deeply Christian and real gentleman as shown by their three cheers for the Joeys supporters last week.
However, in the spirit of Christian forgiveness that Tongan boys would display, I suspect would see Tight Head Lion"s comments stem from a poor attempt at humour and poor sportsmenship that was ill thoughtout and brought about by the disappiontment of a heavy loss from Newington. Our TONGAN BOYS would never disrespect you or your school way you disrespect us today on this site. Such comments do neither Scots or yourself any credit.
Finally,If you have nothing nice to say about Newington or our Tongans say nothing. And I hope the moderators will do something about these tasteless racist comments which in the workplace would get someone fired from their employment.

While I suspect that Tight head Lion is speaking with tongue firmly in cheek, I agree with your sentiments.

The Newingtonga "nickname" gets bandied about a bit by the younger GPS boys, but I think there is a real respect for the Tongan boys - their ability and behaviour on and off the footy field, by all age groups within the GPS. Let's show them the respect they deserve and give it a rest THL, you're not doing yourself or your school any favours.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
While I suspect that Tight head Lion is speaking with tongue firmly in cheek, I agree with your sentiments.

The Newingtonga "nickname" gets bandied about a bit by the younger GPS boys, but I think there is a real respect for the Tongan boys - their ability and behaviour on and off the footy field, by all age groups within the GPS. Let's show them the respect they deserve and give it a rest THL, you're not doing yourself or your school any favours.

I don't see why 'Newingtonga' is such a branded name with Newington. Does anybody have the numbers of how many Tongan Boys ( who are not born in Tonga) are currently at Newington? i believe there is 1 in the firsts?
Don't let racism get in the way of a great Schoolboy Rugby Competition.

TheInsideGuy

Frank Row (1)
Firsts:
Kings scored their first try within 4 mins of the kick off and had 26 points on the board after 15 mins. The half time score was 59-0 and it was really nearly touch football. Kings raced away to 78-0 before bringing on a host of replacements from their seconds squad. The carnage continued without respite and by all accounts full time was blown 6 minutes early.

I was very disappointed with Grammar and expected them to make it more of a contest in the early stages especially after the reports about their previous efforts. Whilst pundits can whine on about imports and scholarships if you just draw a line between them and Shore, the hierarchy at Grammar should hang their heads in shame at what they have let happen at a school that has a very long, successful and proud rugby tradition.

Sorry hero, 'hang their heads in shame'? you do know they are only schoolboys, and sorry if they disappointed you mate maybe next time you should have a run against some of these boys because they would dig your cranium into the ground. How about other GPS schools 'hang their heads in shame' when they get their HSC results back

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
NRLington won easily. Scots scored a late try to make it respectable.

"Let who is without sin cast the first stone"

It seems someone is taking their loss quite roughly today. Perhaps it is just a case of the better team winning on the day? Such comments are not needed and only make the defeat more sour.

There is something special about this SHORE 1st 15 side. They might not have the big names or reputation, but they play for eachother and they play with passion, that is why they won today.

Great effort by the boys and coaches.

I have been saying this for a while and it seems people are only just beginning to take notice! Was a great game from both sides today, shame to see Rourke off so early, I'm sure his presence would have made the game even more interesting. Great to see the match up of Buckling and Whiteley with both players performing exceptionally.

However, one thing I was not impressed with at all was the lack of sportsmanship from within the Riverview crowd. Countless times during conversions and penalties profanities and insults were screamed by schoolboys as the 12. Davies for Shore kicked the ball, and such behaviour is not pretty to see at any level of rugby. Hopefully they are appropriately reprimanded by their school.

Apart from that, great performance by both teams in a tightknit game.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I don't care if THL was trying to be funny, tongue-in-cheek or simply offensive.
The forum has rules. Read them.
Any further posts discussing this topic will go.
Move on.

P

proteinshakes

I don't know specific names but the number 8 was strong and the young Shore five eighth were excellent today with both players involved in a fantastic try that put Shore in front.

Shore 25 Riverview 19

Shore Five Eighth is Jack Clancy, Year 11 at Shore who has a very strong pass, decisive step and pace to burn (running at GPS athletics)! Has been in great form all season and has been joined by his twin brother Nick this week in the 1s who plays fullback. Both players are extremely talented and will have another strong impact upon the 2013 season!!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Kings v Grammar/TAS/High

Firsts: Kings 100 def Grammar 0

Seconds: KIngs 19 def TAS 12

Thirds: Kings 42 def High 3

Firsts:

Seconds:
A great contest won by Kings in the end through some outstanding defence particualry at the back end of the first half when TAS had long periods of possession at the right end of the field. Kings skipped away to an early 14-0 lead with two excellent backline tries. TAS then dominated possession and looked likely to score on a number of occasions only to be repelled by some outstanding defence from the Kings forwards. When play resumed in the second half Kings again scored early to stretch their lead to 19-0. From then on it was a case of a number of bombed opportunities from Kings that would have seen the lead stretch even further. TAS started to gain good momentum mid way through the second half and scored two tries in quick succession to peg the lead back to 19-12. It was a very physical game and one where TAS showed that they were well up to the standard against a Kings seconds side that still sits atop the GPS ladder. Given the result in the firsts match and the effort put in by TAS, the AAGPS would do well to consider reversing the firsts and seconds fixtures next year by having TAS play the other GPS firsts sides and Grammar the other seconds team.

Thirds:
High's decision to take an early penalty attempt proved wise as it avoided a zero result on the scoreboard. A fairly tradesmanlike performance from KIngs thirds but High competed well despite the final result.

Very sad reading your post CTPE, for two reasons, firstly as I'm an Old Sydneian, and secondly, you are representing Alex Ross, also an ex student of SGS! (I was at Grammar with two of his sons, Tim and David). Have just had to ring a Brother In Law who attended Kings to advise him of the score!

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sorry hero, 'hang their heads in shame'? you do know they are only schoolboys, and sorry if they disappointed you mate maybe next time you should have a run against some of these boys because they would dig your cranium into the ground. How about other GPS schools 'hang their heads in shame' when they get their HSC results back

English obviously didn't figure highly in your HSC results - read the post again - the "hang their heads in shame" reference was to the Grammar "hierarchy" (look it up if you don't know what the word means means) - the Grammar boys never gave up trying - something those that run the school did years ago in terms of the rugby programme there!!

John Dale

Frank Nicholson (4)
View vs Shore
No doubt a very entertaining game, playing on a very poor field. Hard and dusty as it seems. But too the game. Most of the above reports are accurate, shore playing with passion and enthusiasm, managing to hold out Riverview on their on line for a number of phases. Riverview still not playing as a team I think. Very one out, where as shore on the other hand, when in to each break down with numbers, working together as a unit much more cohesively.
In terms of the contest, not much in it. I honestly don't think too much separated the sides. Shore no doubt deserved winners, however it was only a few mistakes from Riverview that lead to gift trys to Shore. A ball dropped cold from the view 10 that was left playable resulted in a run away try.
Shore, not a big name team however i did spot some stand outs. Can only go numbers as i can not find my program.
From Shore:
- 13, Scored a good try, managed to break through the line, good on defence, a solid player.
- 10 and 15, who i believe are the young twins. Solid players, real potential there showing much maturity being two U16 boys in critical positions.
- Woodhill, 6 or 7. Year 10 student. Very good player, not taking a backwards steps from some of the older boys.
Riverview:
- 15, who i think was a 2nds replacement, kicked well, defused numerous bombs. Bird I think his name is from memory. Had a good game.
- 12, gerrey burgess, scored a great try from a barge over straight from the halve. Do not know why riverview did not use this move more as i worked when it was first done.
- Whiteley, doing all he could, breaking and making tackles.

Few concerns for riverview, suffering more injuries on top of last week.
Rorke was taken off after the first 5 minutes with an ankle I think. This having an impact as the schoolboy often gets through a truckload of work.
Redden (13) injured quite badly as well.
Dempsey was sent off for a 'lifting' tackle, bad call as upon returning to the field the same tackle, if not done worse was made on him.

Shore with a great home victory, a great atmosphere out at the game. Congratulations to the Shore boys, however it is all uphill for them now. Playing 3 of the hardest teams in the last 3 rounds. Good luck to them!
John Dale

P

proteinshakes

Scots vs. Shore
Riverview vs. Kings
Joeys vs. SGS

Any early predictions based on todays results?

• Will be interesting to see how St. Ignatius bounce back from a loss against Shore against a powerful Kings side...
  • Scots desperate to keep the premiership hopes alive and keep todays game as their only loss
  • Joeys - Enough said

B

BHRK4

Shore Five Eighth is Jack Clancy, Year 11 at Shore who has a very strong pass, decisive step and pace to burn (running at GPS athletics)! Has been in great form all season and has been joined by his twin brother Nick this week in the 1s who plays fullback. Both players are extremely talented and will have another strong impact upon the 2013 season!!

Thanks very much. I must admit I was surprised about the lack of Shore students at the game. You'd think they would have more support given their teams success this year. Riverview had greater numbers and it was at Northbridge!?

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thanks very much. I must admit I was surprised about the lack of Shore students at the game. You'd think they would have more support given their teams success this year. Riverview had greater numbers and it was at Northbridge!?

Methinks View has alot more boarders than Shore does, hence the greater numbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.