• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Kings school final leg of tour in France and Italy . Kings beat US Rugby Annecy 44-5. Last night defeated Petrarca Padua 41-0.( final game)
Results would indicate somewhat of a mismatch of skill levels in selecting opposition sides in this final leg of the tour.
Now to conclude sightseeing and the long trip home to family for Christmas. Merry Xmas to all on the G&G forum and to both school touring sides Riverview and Kings.

Got sent this link to the King's Tour booklet which lists the players who toured etc. I assume that View has something similar for their tour?

http://tksrugbytour2011.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/tks_rugby_tour_booklet_20114.pdf

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
1. Lucas Bateman
2. Harry Randell
4. Stacey
6. Moylen
7. McCalman
9. Ferris
10. Wylie
12. Tulloch
13. Foketi
14. Tourish
15. Jones

Went to a New Years Eve party last night where quite a number of guests were involved directly (via their sons) or indirectly (friend or relative of a player's parent) in GPS rugby.....had some great discussions about the comp over the last couple of years and expectations in 2012. All expect it to be a pretty tight affair with any one of 5 teams possible premiers...most settled on Joeys with Scots the smokie. One bloke who knew a fair bit about the Kings development tour thought that their likely full firsts lineup next year would be closer to that below: (I've added details that I'm aware of from their involvement in ARU squads):

1. Lucas Bateman (JGS)
2. Patrick Ferris/Nick Reid/Nick Brown
3. Lachlan Strahan/Eddy Jinn
4. Matthew Matson (NGS)
5. Fergus Warner/Ben Stacey (JGS)
6. Jack McCalman (NGS)
7. Harry Randall (NGS?)
8. Liam Moylan (JGS)
9. Rory Davis (NGS)/Andrew Ferris
10. Max Wylie
11. David Konstantopolos/Sam Carter
12. Corey Tulloch (NGS)
13. Lalaki Foketi (NGS)
14. Harry Jones (NGS)
15. Jack Tourish (JGS)

G

gpsgiant

SJC - in brackets are the team they played in at Joeys and any representative honours gained in the 2011 season.
1. Robertson (1sts - GPS 3rds - Combined States)
2. Carolan (2nds)
3. Sandell (1sts - GPS 3rds - NSW Schools U16)
4. Bartlett/Hardy (Both 2nds)
5. Schwager (1sts - NSW Schools U16)
6. Penisi (1sts - NSW Schools U16) - injured for majority of season
7. Murphy (1sts - GPS 3rds)
8. Goldie (1sts)

9. Curtain (1sts)
10. Deegan/Kay (1sts - GPS 3rds - NSW Schools U16) / (1sts - GPS 3rds)
11. Cleary (2nds)
12. Kay/Deegan (same as above)
13. Barclay (1sts - GPS 1sts - NSW II)
14. Newsome/ ???? (2nds)
15. Wilde (1sts)

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
SJC - in brackets are the team they played in at Joeys and any representative honours gained in the 2011 season.
1. Robertson (1sts - GPS 3rds - Combined States)
2. Carolan (2nds)
3. Sandell (1sts - GPS 3rds - NSW Schools U16)
4. Bartlett/Hardy (Both 2nds)
5. Schwager (1sts - NSW Schools U16)
6. Penisi (1sts - NSW Schools U16) - injured for majority of season
7. Murphy (1sts - GPS 3rds)
8. Goldie (1sts)

9. Curtain (1sts)
10. Deegan/Kay (1sts - GPS 3rds - NSW Schools U16) / (1sts - GPS 3rds)
11. Cleary (2nds)
12. Kay/Deegan (same as above)
13. Barclay (1sts - GPS 1sts - NSW II)
14. Newsome/ ???? (2nds)
15. Wilde (1sts)

Heaps of experience in this team with 10 firsts players returning and the rest from their seconds. As Joeys played a fair number of U16s in their Opens last season they'll no doubt do the same again this year if they have the players to do so...any ideas on who might fit into this category?

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Heaps of experience in this team with 10 firsts players returning and the rest from their seconds. As Joeys played a fair number of U16s in their Opens last season they'll no doubt do the same again this year if they have the players to do so...any ideas on who might fit into this category?
doubt any 16s boys will make opens next year with the opens being a very strong group. Although there are a few who may get a game or two in the 2s. Prop Tierney Glasson, Outside Tim McCutcheon and Winger Latrell Robinson the most likely.

G

gpsgiant

IMO, there is a very small chance that any 16s will get a run in opens. There will be a lot of quality 17 and 18 year olds running around in the 2s, 3s and 4s. Quite a strong team and unlike last season depth should no be an issue, except for possibly the back three and second row.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
IMO, there is a very small chance that any 16s will get a run in opens. There will be a lot of quality 17 and 18 year olds running around in the 2s, 3s and 4s. Quite a strong team and unlike last season depth should no be an issue, except for possibly the back three and second row.

Sounds like Joeys have a key Premiership ingredient = great depth.

Don't know whether any other of the "top five" can lay claim to that?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Its simple: its the opposite of last year. 30 and 31 years later I can tell you where my old school will be playing without looking.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Its simple: its the opposite of last year. 30 and 31 years later I can tell you where my old school will be playing without looking.
Joeys and View haven't always done this. Mid nineties they played them all at Riverview to fit the expected crowds in.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)

I think you will also find that last decade there were 2-3 seasons where View played only at Joey's... Not all that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.