• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I have to give a big thumbs up to SJC: great program listing the results of every 1st XV game back to when John the Baptist ran out against the heathens, sportsmanlike regard for their opponents and reserved seating for the respective schools.
All great - with a fine regard for tradition.
If you want to know how rugby should be played I recommend 2 sources: any side at SJC and/or the All Blacks.

CAS Footy

Peter Burge (5)
I'm not the one to look for regarding match reports however a very ordinary performance from Shore today. Scots were very fired up with their big 3 playing out of their skins. Scots forwards totally dominated Shore at the breakdown and in the scrums. Shore improved markedly in this area late in the game however it was too little too late. Scots were just too good. 22 - don't know his name had an absolute blinder running great lines off Kellaway and co and gave Shore headaches all day. Pulver good in a very ordinary team performance. Despite my quiet like of this shore team I was very glad to see Scots grab a very convincing win. A hard road for Shore from here on in. Can they do it?
I believe 22 was the usual winger Seamus Frost, must have forgotten his jersey

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
[quote="random2, A win over Kings next week would give Joeys a very slight chance at a joint premiership.[/quote]

How?

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
Mathematically, combinations of Newington, Scots, Shore, Kings and Joeys can still share the title

The ladder after Saturday's games is:

Newington 10
Scots 8
Shore 8
Joeys 6
Kings 6
Riverview 2
Grammar 0

Newington has the GPS title in the bag and will win well at home against Shore next weekend and at Riverview in the last round finishing as undefeated premiers.

Mathematically though KOB1987 is correct as the following results would see a 4 way tie for the title!!!

R6 - J def K or K def J, E def N, S def G
R7 - J def E, K def S, I def N

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
Looking at the GPS 2nds Premiership the ladder after yesterday is:

King's 10
Joeys 9
Shore 6
Newington 6
Riverview 5
Scots 2
TAS 2

Quite clearly a race in 2 with the King's v Joeys next game determining the title. A King's win gives them the title - a Joeys win means a Joeys title unless they lose to Shore at home the last round and King's beat Scots.

Wonder what the team lineups will be in the King's v Joeys game?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The ladder after Saturday's games is:

Newington 10
Scots 8
Shore 8
Joeys 6
Kings 6
Riverview 2
Grammar 0

Newington has the GPS title in the bag and will win well at home against Shore next weekend and at Riverview in the last round finishing as undefeated premiers.

Mathematically though KOB1987 is correct as the following results would see a 4 way tie for the title!!!

R6 - J def K or K def J, E def N, S def G
R7 - J def E, K def S, I def N

And there can be a 2 or 3 way joint title if Newington lose 1 game..but I agree, it's unlikely anyone will beat them

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
The 3rds table is:

Joeys 10
Shore 8
Kings 6
Scots 5
Riverview 4
High 4
Newington 3

Joeys play King's and Shore in their last 2 games. 1 win gives them a joint premiership at the least if Shore wins their last 2 games - 2 wins makes them undefeated premiers.

H

HarveyColon

16 a's: joeys 24 beat grammar 7

Joeys looked to have it well won but with 5 minutes to go Mackie poked a grubber through from 30m out to score off his own kick. This was all i saw of the game as i turned up with 8 minutes left. A promising result for the sydneians.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Looking at the GPS 2nds Premiership the ladder after yesterday is:

King's 10
Joeys 9
Shore 6
Newington 6
Riverview 5
Scots 2
TAS 2

Quite clearly a race in 2 with the King's v Joeys next game determining the title. A King's win gives them the title - a Joeys win means a Joeys title unless they lose to Shore at home the last round and King's beat Scots.

Wonder what the team lineups will be in the King's v Joeys game?

Barring injuries they'll likely be the same teams as they both sent out yesterday. If you're suggesting that one of these seconds teams might get stacked not a chance as both Schools will want to win the firsts battle given the longstanding tradition of rivalry between them.

John Dale

Frank Nicholson (4)
Round 5
Kings vs Riverview was an average contest. In previous years it has been a real contest. I think the intensity was low along with the quality. Some of the indavidual skill was good. With some talent displayed.
Kings clearly the better side, no doubt. However a level below Newington and Scots, who seem to be the most consistent in 2012.

FROM THE GAME:
- Wylie and Ferris: Two best on the field. combined very well together. Kicking game was exceptional from both. Especially the 9, as I was already awere of Wylies kicking ability. Leadership was as well evident in the halves play from Kings, constantly directing the forwards. Then to be brutally honest, the halves from Riverview seemed terrible. The lack on communication was poor, with little structure as they were running a few forward phases, struggling to make any real ground. Some real question marks over the Riverview 9 and 10. The kicking game was average and I think the clear cut dominance in the halves for Kings was what won them the game.

- The style of play from Riverview seemed to suit Kings, if that makes sense. Riverview were using wide set forward runners, not at real speed (which is why they are implemented in the first place). Kings loose 8 and 7, who I beleive are both representative footballers would just position them selves wide and line up the Riverview forward runners and dominate them in the collision.

- Some key injuries to note. Lalaki as said previously in the forum has a suspected broken jaw. Unfortunate for him as you would think this would take him out of the schoolboys tour. Whiteley off after 10 minutes with a bad knee. Cannot be good. Rorke I believe is in doubt for the tour with a bad ankle.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
16 a's: joeys 24 beat grammar 7

Joeys looked to have it well won but with 5 minutes to go Mackie poked a grubber through from 30m out to score off his own kick. This was all i saw of the game as i turned up with 8 minutes left. A promising result for the sydneians.
Promising in what way?

J

John McCallahan_1975

I was at the Shore game yesterday and was dissapointed to see the shore boys go down. Full credit to the Scots boys however, that back line is classy and Kellaway Horwitz and Stewart were on fire yesterday afternoon. I did find the Shore backline poor in defense at times and there were way too many line breaks. If they want to give Newington a run next week they are going to need to be doing defensive work all week.

Also, does anybody know if Newington have any injuries?

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think this prediction establishes your credentials to comment on the realities of grammar rugby and probably on any other rugby issue.
To make this prediction you would have to have no idea what is wrong and how badly wrong it is.
BTW this (97-0) is a record for joeys over grammar.

This type of comment is the very reason you seem to attract such hate on these forums. Not a single person on this forum predicted a result even close to what occurred, and so by your standards, no-one on here is qualified to comment on the game. I was not in attendance, nor have I seen any in depth reports as of yet. I am not aware of what happened, how the game played out, whether there was improvement through from last week. I have nothing as of yet with which I can respond to this. But there is one thing I will say. I will bet any amount of money that when those boys came off the field, they were full of emotion. I am certain that they would have felt nothing but anguish and heartbreak after such a result. What they have had to overcome through the course of this season, the transitions and changes they have had to put up with through their school lives in rugby, are something that I doubt few of us, as grown, working men, with families and mouths to feed, have ever faced or likely will ever have to face. You show not an ounce of respect to these boys. They represent you, your son, and their entire community. They train their asses of week in, week out. If they had not committed through this season like they have, these results, I guarantee you, would have been 50 points higher, week in, week out. And yet you sit there, behind your keyboard, feeling sorry for yourself, feeling the need to express your thoughts so maliciously towards a group of developing young men, men who have to balance a world of expectations in so many regards. Do the other GPS boys have to face up to the rigours of one of Australia's most intensive, expectation filled educations? No. Are they supposed to be this society's future politicians, doctors, lawyers and entrepreneurs? No. They share a common love of their school, and indeed a sport, with the boys they face every weekend.

Never have I taken a personal attack towards you, publicly humiliated you, or even attempted to engage in despicable and unnecessary tarnishing on these forums. I made a prediction. I was wrong. I thought that things may change, and I expect they will. When that is, I cannot say. People are not always right through their whole lives. No one is perfect, and yet you seem to judge an entire community, one which you surely must have once been so proud of, based on their lack of success in but a mere sliver of their dynamic, of their culture and their ethos. I will not stoop to the mud-singing you appear to have descended to during the past week. I hope you may reconsider your above comments, and treat my input on this forum with the respect that I offer yours. I may disagree with what you say, but that does not give anyone a right to tarnish and attack you. I will be at Weigal next weekend, and I will be cheering our boys as they deserve to be. And I hope you will be too.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The boys are not the problem.
The problem is the attitude of the school and of people, like you, who defend the results as if it they are not a reflection of a problem.
Your prediction demonstrated that you thought grammar could score 2 tries and that Joeys would be limited to 35 points. It was hopelessly wrong.
It showed that you dont have the first idea of how great is the gap between what these boys have been taught about the game in 5 or 6 years and what the other schools have taught their boys in the same period.Everyone trains hard: thats a given.
You have to have courage to play the game: thats a given.
For as long as Grammar and its community shoots the messenger and fails to grasp the extent of the gap the boys will be poorly served by that community and the masters and the results will continue to be one sided.
In attacking me and not facing the facts you are perpetuating the problem.

B

Bubba Hightower

The boys are not the problem.
The problem is the attitude of the school and of people, like you, who defend the results as if it they are not a reflection of a problem.
Your prediction demonstrated that you thought grammar could score 2 tries and that Joeys would be limited to 35 points. It was hopelessly wrong.
It showed that you dont have the first idea of how great is the gap between what these boys have been taught about the game in 5 or 6 years and what the other schools have taught their boys in the same period.Everyone trains hard: thats a given.
You have to have courage to play the game: thats a given.
For as long as Grammar and its community shoots the messenger and fails to grasp the extent of the gap the boys will be poorly served by that community and the masters and the results will continue to be one sided.
In attacking me and not facing the facts you are perpetuating the problem.

Hello friend, it's me again. Now, I know we got off on the wrong foot, but let's make this clear.

1) Use of cliché, congratulations on that. Consistency is a wonderful virtue.

2) You've once again taken a broader comment on your negativity and pessimism (self-confessed) as a personal attack. Wrong. If you would like a personal attack, message me, or make a thread. I would be much obliged.

3) You seem to misunderstand the school's commitment to sport. Why are these coaches being brought in through a number of the age groups? Why is there an emphasis on moving away from the traditional method of having teachers coach the teams? Why have these 15 boys, who I see almost every day of the week, train 7 to 8 times during that span? Because they are committed. Because there is a push, from the headmaster at the top to the year 7 boys at the very bottom to improve and change this program's fortunes. We know the issues. We are addressing them. But it's a long road. Stay the course.

4) I don't see him as 'defending the result' (unless I misinterpreted), but rather the boys from your unnecessary criticisms. I re-iterate; your comments help in no way. If you were truly as much of a rugby genius as you believe yourself to be, your son's team would be winning every weekend, blowing teams of the park, lead by their super-dad coach. You would at least be able to sincerely approach the sports offices at the school, offer your (incredibly overvalued) two cents, and help in some way. But no, you're clearly too great a man for this.

Also, as a little backtrack to the 2013 thread; correcting grammar is the sign of a lost argument, and you misquoted Star Trek.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Fellas,

I am just finishing off an article on the View Kings game but need a hand with names. Can anyone do me team lists for the 1sts game from yesterday?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Hello friend, it's me again. Now, I know we got off on the wrong foot, but let's make this clear.

1) Use of cliché, congratulations on that. Consistency is a wonderful virtue.

2) You've once again taken a broader comment on your negativity and pessimism (self-confessed) as a personal attack. Wrong. If you would like a personal attack, message me, or make a thread. I would be much obliged.

3) You seem to misunderstand the school's commitment to sport. Why are these coaches being brought in through a number of the age groups? Why is there an emphasis on moving away from the traditional method of having teachers coach the teams? Why have these 15 boys, who I see almost every day of the week, train 7 to 8 times during that span? Because they are committed. Because there is a push, from the headmaster at the top to the year 7 boys at the very bottom to improve and change this program's fortunes. We know the issues. We are addressing them. But it's a long road. Stay the course.

4) I don't see him as 'defending the result' (unless I misinterpreted), but rather the boys from your unnecessary criticisms. I re-iterate; your comments help in no way. If you were truly as much of a rugby genius as you believe yourself to be, your son's team would be winning every weekend, blowing teams of the park, lead by their super-dad coach. You would at least be able to sincerely approach the sports offices at the school, offer your (incredibly overvalued) two cents, and help in some way. But no, you're clearly too great a man for this.

Also, as a little backtrack to the 2013 thread; correcting grammar is the sign of a lost argument, and you misquoted Star Trek.
external coaches who do not go to the game?
Parents are not allowed to coach: my record as a coach speaks for itself.
This a pointless discussion: you think it will be ok while the results get worse.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Rugby is miniscule compared to what these boys will face in life off the field... Keep rugby fun and in perspective... not all gloom and doom because a traditionally dominant skool continues to be... dominant... Im sure the amount the high court judges/criminals grammar vs joeys produces is also up for conjecture...

Status
Not open for further replies.