• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HarveyColon

IS: why did you mention potential injury to the grammar forwards specifically. I think the backs will get mowed down twice as hard. In fact I don't think from what i saw in their 2's last year that any of them were over six feet. and they lost to highs firsts which does look ominous for them.

FF (Folau Fainga'a): there are plenty more galoots other than tepai and Milne running around at Stanmore

F

Finland Fella

IS: why did you mention potential injury to the grammar forwards specifically. I think the backs will get mowed down twice as hard. In fact I don't think from what i saw in their 2's last year that any of them were over six feet. and they lost to highs firsts which does look ominous for them.

FF (Folau Fainga'a): there are plenty more galoots other than tepai and Milne running around at Stanmore

By galoots I take it you mean muscular young chaps ??? (I don't see either as overly oafish - Tepai especially is a true gent)
Please share Harvey ... for as a somewhat fading NOB myself I 'm always keen for a smidge of 'orky orky baa baa' hot goss.
A current list of Stanmore galoots would be of genuine interest to both this and I dare say, all green and gold correspondents.

Guess I mentioned the aforementioned gents ahead of others (Pryor Lees, Vlahos, Vea etc) because I'm currently covering the Junior Reps rugby league and they are both involved, for Parra & Roosters respectively (as is Vlahos, Lussick, Chahoud, Hood... which kind of nukes my reasoning as two of those gents are also on the massive side of buffed ).

* EXPLANATION - a NOB is a Newington Old Boy (many may claim that Wyvern chested lads become NOBs long before chronological advancement enters the equation,
however they're just being downright unkind.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Well I would think there were 2 reasons:
1. I had just watched a club trial as a touchy in which one team was hopelessly over matched in the pigs - so I had crumpling scrums on my mind....
2. having watched nearly 40 years of grammar backs the ones who actually get in there and put their bodies on the line are few and far between - they will win no ball so I am reasonably confident they'll be able to stay out of harm's way

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
By galoots I take it you mean muscular young chaps ??? (I don't see either as overly oafish - Tepai especially is a true gent)
Please share Harvey ... for as a somewhat fading NOB myself I 'm always keen for a smidge of 'orky orky baa baa' hot goss.
A current list of Stanmore galoots would be of genuine interest to both this and I dare say, all green and gold correspondents.

FF (Folau Fainga'a) - your post intrigued me so I did a bit of research! :) Have a look at :

http://blog.oup.com/2008/07/galoot/

In my youth the word galoot was never far away from "long haired" whenever my dear departed Mum regarded some youngsters disdainfully as in "would you look at those long haired galoots!"

It's good to see this word back in currency! And yes - current assessment of Stanmore galoots would be interesting!

Wreckless

F

fernando

there is talk around the bush that new year ten boy joshua canturi is vowinig for seconds he has been recieving allot of strength and conditiong lately. he is a natural athelet and his is strong in his defence as well as his attack although he does not match that of nic penise, jame goilde or tomas murphy he is a deffenit contender for seconds
who is joshua canturi and how has he been going at trials?

F

fernando

joeys talented center barclay to make australians schoolboys? he played NSW 1st last year

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
there is talk around the bush that new year ten boy joshua canturi is vowinig for seconds he has been recieving allot of strength and conditiong lately. he is a natural athelet and his is strong in his defence as well as his attack although he does not match that of nic penise, jame goilde or tomas murphy he is a deffenit contender for seconds

Good to see that good grammar and spelling still rule at Joeys.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Sick of the schoolboy pricks clogging this thread. Am banning anyone who so much as looks the wrong way.

If this continues we will look up the IP of the offender and ban that whole school from accessing the forum. Not to mention inform the teachers at that school of what is happening and who is causing the problem.

H

HarveyColon

how can you tell if someone is a schoolboy prick. it could be some fifty year old with a genuine lust for shit stirring and banter in general....aka myself.....

H

HarveyColon

back on topic.....who will play halfback for gps 1's and who will be hooker. These are the most unclear to me.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Who do we think will win the 7's tournament at Scots this weekend?

Which players are worth keeping an eye on?

Status
Not open for further replies.