• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
so guys who is the team to beat??

In no order: -

Riverview = best draw + probably best & biggest forwards but not matched by their backs
Kings = 2nd best draw + very mobile & hardworking yet small pack + best backline
Newington = poor draw but probably best all round team + big & hardworking pack & very skilled backs especially centres
Joeys = reasonable draw + good aggressive & skilled forwards & equally skilled backs
Scots = poor draw, excellent outside backs but not matched by their forwards.
Shore = pretty good draw and good all round team who will surprise cocky opponents
Grammar/High/TAS = making up the numbers

Bottom line = a pretty tight comp which could see 2 or 3 teams sharing the premiership.

I think the weather could play a major determining factor - plenty of heavy tracks will favour View and New- Kings, Joeys, Scots and New backs will revel on the firmer surfaces.

J

Joshua B Cummings

Well after watching 2 joeys games this year hardy did blur with Odonahue and Goldie with his head tape in the wet against Newington but hardy will be pushed for his position after this holidays rugby camp when the ferocious Josh schwager returns, his presence and ticker and fitness will be much sort after

M

mike litoris

Well after watching 2 joeys games this year hardy did blur with Odonahue and Goldie with his head tape in the wet against Newington but hardy will be pushed for his position after this holidays rugby camp when the ferocious Josh schwager returns, his presence and ticker and fitness will be much sort after
could not agree more with swchagger he looks the real deal sitting on the bench.. i think that odonahue will have to be the one bloke in the forward pack besides manswine to step up especially after his contraversial selection in NSW 2nd XV at blindside. the backs will be relying on the brett stewart like fullback josh wilde ( a complete joke he is not in nsw 2nd XV over harry jones) as he has the pace and attacking flair that will be key in joeys success.

the newington college will be the team to beat in my opinion as the have the big centres that will pull off big hits and make many metres up the guts of the feild, and have opl leading from the front for the forwards.
my prediction 1st or 2nd depending on weather if its wet they will be very hard to be beaten especially at stanmore
how riverview perform is the 6 million dollar question... if they beat joeys in the first round i think it will be similar to last years comp, but a early loss may scar them and they may not fully recover.

J

Joshua B Cummings

i think odonahue will fit in nicely with goats bartlett when i make my return to the game god made me the best at and my dad buys me into teams ah lad

This is a ridiculous statement 'mike' this forum isn't for misfits, no need to take the piss.... Anyone agree

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Quote edited out

Agree, this thread is getting to the point that I am not following it anymore...

One would have thought that these above boys once home from boarding school and thus having more freedom would be more interested in looking at more visual images on their mummies' laptops rather than be on here!

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Get a life or go do something decent with youselves. Not one of you clowns show respect to LG Barbarian et al who run this site for the pleasure AND debate about footy. It is something that you boys might find a little difficult to grasp at your tender years, but soon, mummy anddaddy won't be there to pick you up. and you will be in the mire, wondering why everyone hates you. Oh and by the way Mr Gistlechewer. It is Carolan, not Carlon.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Guys please refrain from making personal comments or remarks that could be construed as personal comments.

I understand that this is a particular problem for young people because confrontation is a rite of passage - but, in a couple of words:

Grow up.

Thank you.

J

Joshua B Cummings

After watching today's footy at riverview I think corey Tulloch has put his hand up for future selection and I do believe he can take tremendous confidence out of the week back to tks... CTPE confirm....

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I heard that Scots optimistically think they will have 3 of their team in the Aust Schoolboys side that week end. This would mean that they have nothing to gain and everything to lose. Tradition seems to be only skin deep there.

Tradition is one of the great strengths of the game played in heaven. If this is true, then it really is a shame that tradition is being traded off for here and now self interest.

"Congested calendar" = a very convenient excuse used by a team fearful that they may get beaten. A team that thinks they have the edge over an opponent will always find a way to decongest a full calendar.

You don't hear Sydney Uni whinging about congested calendars, and deferring games because their rockstars are away on Super 15 or National duties. Losses are taken on the chin when they have to field their 2nd grade team against opponents 1st grade selections.

J

Joshua B Cummings

What game was on today? feel like posting a match report?

Game against WA was successful for nsw 2s with tulloch and junior satiu leading from the front, corey ran the backs and organized the structured attack which now there is a near on whole kings backline in nsw 2s, with the addition of will Davies at inside now, standouts were : matt Philips, junior satiu, Tulloch (obvious), and tomas Robertson

J

Joshua B Cummings

What game was on today? feel like posting a match report?

Game against WA was successful for nsw 2s with tulloch and junior satiu leading from the front, corey ran the backs and organized the structured attack which now there is a near on whole kings backline in nsw 2s, with the addition of will Davies at inside now, standouts were : matt Philips, junior satiu, Tulloch (obvious), and tomas Robertson

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
NSW 1st & 2nd

Newington - 5
SJC - 5
View - 3
Kings - 7
Scot - 3
Shore - 0
Grammar - 0
--------------------

Kings???? looking good with their numbers in the NSW.

Kings numbers rose to 8 with Randell chosen in the Combined States team. Have since risen to 10 with Moylan and Davies drafted into the CS and NSW 2's respectively as replacements.

6 of their 7 backs are now in NSW 2's along with 2 of their forwards with another 2 of their forwards in CS.

M

mustang

"
Pretty sure they already played it in term 2 holidays. Cranbrook won as well i think. Maybe it was Waverly though

I hear that scots pulled out of the battle of bellevue hill as they refuse to play Cranbrook without their representative players. this is rather pathetic, if not arrogant. for a school that posts videos of their school pride and tradition all over youtube this reveals some contradiction. Not only this, but taking out the representative players would make a much more level playing field against a much smaller school who is currently 1 from 6 in the CAS competition (in my understanding). Scots must have been terrified of the prospect of losing to cranbrook and were clearly not willing to risk anything to harm their reputation.

G

G-78-XV-V

"

I hear that scots pulled out of the battle of bellevue hill as they refuse to play Cranbrook without their representative players. this is rather pathetic, if not arrogant. for a school that posts videos of their school pride and tradition all over youtube this reveals some contradiction. Not only this, but taking out the representative players would make a much more level playing field against a much smaller school who is currently 1 from 6 in the CAS competition (in my understanding). Scots must have been terrified of the prospect of losing to cranbrook and were clearly not willing to risk anything to harm their reputation.
Youve just tapped into a thought I've had for the past coupla years. After watching reansonable Grammar teams getting smashed by very strong "hand picked' teams loaded with GPS rep players. Loosing by 60+ is not a win, no one beniffits.......now that GPS selections are made prior to the comp, lets say the GPS selected players sit out the rounds against High and Grammar, It would give lesser players a chance to play up a grade or two, and you would expect the big teams to still win, and probably promote a better game......

E

earl

I recently heard, from a valid source, that Shore's THP Doug Streeter has decided to do 'pathways' late into the year and being young, will have another year in schoolboy rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.