• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
TAS Firsts defeated Riverview in second division 19-17 after having a player sin binned in first half. TAS were racing away, but that slowed them. Sydney High Firsts defeated by Riverview thirds, not sure of score, but not disgraced. Had to leave before first division game Grammar vs Riverview. Photo shows TAS defending. Exciting bit of play with view trying to storm line.

P1000303 2.JPG

T

The Blindside

New defeated Kings at Parramatta by 36-27 in a cracker of a game. The backs were pretty evenly matched but the New forwards monstered a brave, but outclassed, Kings pack.

Scots won a hard fought battle against Joeys by 23-10.

Not sure of the exact score but a rampant Riverview put 70 odd on Grammar.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Interesting to see Scots get up over Joeys. If I'm correct, this leaves the table as follows:

Scots - 4
Shore - 4
Newington - 4
Riverview - 2
Joeys - 2
Kings - 0
Grammar - 0

Assuming a win, and bye, awards two points each.

P

Pawl

Interesting to see Scots get up over Joeys. If I'm correct, this leaves the table as follows:

Scots - 4
Shore - 4
Newington - 4
Riverview - 2
Joeys - 2
Kings - 0
Grammar - 0

Assuming a win, and bye, awards two points each.

Cheers Frank

T

The Blindside

Big game next week at Stanmore - New v Joeys. Joeys must win to keep their hopes alive whilst a New win will see them firm as premiership favourites. The trials saw a narrow (and lucky) win to New so this one should be a cracker.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
New defeated Kings at Parramatta by 36-27 in a cracker of a game. The backs were pretty evenly matched but the New forwards monstered a brave, but outclassed, Kings pack.

Scots won a hard fought battle against Joeys by 23-10.

Not sure of the exact score but a rampant Riverview put 70 odd on Grammar.

Not many picked Scots to get up incl yours truly.

Makes the competition "interesting".

Looking forward to tonights bedtime stories from Uncle Lee.

John Dale

Frank Nicholson (4)
View vs Grammer (if anyone cares)
68-0, but a few points to take out.
Riverview playing much better as a team, as i imagined that would have been the goal. Forwards worked as a unit better, 2nds number 8, someone Hunt i believe, is up to 1st XV standard. He is no Whiteley, but he does not tap penalties and run off on his own and get isolated. Question is will view leave him in the side somewhere. Plenty of good trys, but at the end of the day against grammer, so all will be revealed next week on what view really have to offer, but some positive signs. Will be a boost getting whitely back for the big clash against scots next week. (looking ford to that one!)

Some questions from the other games.
New vs Kings
A big blow for kings, would pretty much puts an end to there premiership hopes i would imagine. Not great for the people paying the school fees for the number of imports in the side. Well done Newington has predicted. Would have to say they are the front runners after round 2.
Not writing Kings off, they will id imagine still put up a barrier for the remaining teams as i heard they were still good dispite the loss.
A full in depth match report would be appreciated.

Joeys vs Scots
First of all, well done to scots. I'd imagine there forwards (who i admittedly doubted but then again, so did everyone) must have stepped up today. Congratulations to them.
Joeys?!?!?!
Such a strong performance against view. I did point out earlier they do lift for the battle of the catholics. Guess i was right on that, but wrong on the result. Tough blow for Joeys, as they would have been full of confidence.
Are Scots a title contender ? i would say not.
Again, a full game analysis would be appreciated. Hope everyone enjoyed what seemed to be an enjoyable game of rugby.

Shore
Laughing at the top of the table with Newington. Honestly do not think they are title contendors. See what happens.

T

tom thurston

new firsts winger for riverview looked very promising today, i believe his names sam mete. Scored an amazing try last week against joeys in the 2nds and got the call up for the joeys game. I was told he is the fasted in the gps rugby and would be a great asset to the riverview team as they lack in speed in the outside backs

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Scots 25-10 over Joeys, 3 trys to 1.

Scots were definitely fired up especially in the forwards and managed to get enough ball to unleash their backs, who always looked dangerous and butchered several trys with poor final passes. Joeys relied on the pick and drive which served them so well in the trial against Scots. However when that didn't work they didn't seem to have a Plan B. They did score their only try from this tactic in the first half, but in a similar situation in the 2nd half, after repeated attempts they took the points when given a penalty. They didn't even choose a scrum where they had a slight superiority. Deegan resorted to the chip kick on several occasions with no luck. On the few occasions they used their backs, Joeys looked dangerous. The 12 made a great break down the left from his own 22 beating numerous defenders and was bundled into touch a few metres out by a great tackle from Kellaway - answers a query from a previous poster re his defence.

Joeys were by no means disgraced and it remains to be seen if Scots can maintain the intensity they showed today.

John Dale

Frank Nicholson (4)
John,

There are at least 23 players, parents and supporters who actually do care.

What a boring world it would be if all the underdogs (lesser beings) didn't turn up to play because they knew that they were about to be beaten by the annointed ones?

Apologies, did not mean any offence. Was more getting at the fact that readers would not be as interested in a 68-0 inevitable victory to riverview, as appose to two closely contested games.
As a spectator, i was impressed with Grammers, 'never say die' attitude.

G

G-78-XV-V

Thankyou for the apology JD as I was about to unload a bucket on you!! Bear in mind these Grammar boys turn up each Saturday after only training on Tuesdays and Thursdays, very few of them have played any club footy, they have their heart's in their throat, knowing that they are more than likely going to cop a hiding. They have been together since year 7 and each season come up against continually changing and strengething opposition. These boys are what the GPS competition should be!!

G

G&GR News Bot

As ever, when watching Grammar games, the handshake in centre field tells the tale of the tape and the scale: ‘View were bigger to a man, although the SGS 5 (Gorry) appeared the tallest on the pitch he was about the width and depth of one of Rorke’s (4) thighs. SIC 68 def. SGS 0 A

Click this link to read the full article...

G

GPS1986

It is nice to see that people recognise a bit where grammar is in it all. The boys know that they're going up against players that have put more into rugby, many of whom hope to have a career in the sport, and the sgs boys just aim to give it they're all, even if defeats are usually inevitable.
Still, they could of played better, and hopefully they will improve a bit throughout the season.

John Dale

Frank Nicholson (4)
I thought you should know..It is GRAMMAR not Grammer ;)
.classic![/quote]

Haha! Thank you for the correction. Clearly not a product of the school.

And as for G-78-XV-V, no need to start 'unloading buckets'. A clear mis understanding as i explained before.
Grammer did show improvements on there set peace. As the scrum was easily matched today, some maybe even going towards the away team. Line-out also with noticeable improvement.

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
Joeys must win to keep their hopes alive whilst a New win will see them firm as premiership favourites. The trials saw a narrow (and lucky) win to New so this one should be a cracker.

Sorry Blindside but there's is no such thing as 'lucky' win. Win is a win and it wasn't a tossed of coin to decide the game.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I know its early, but any predictions for next weeks round?

Newington vs. Joeys
Scots vs. View
Shore vs. Grammar

O

Outside Shoulder

Refereeing standards this week again low. In the unofficial 4th XV competition, Grammar 2s Vs View 4s, ref was unaware of substitution rules. After a Grammar prop had suffered a concussion and was removed from the field, Grammar opted for uncontested scrums. The ref claimed that for this to occur, Grammar must play with 14 men. While I acknowledge this may be the rule in other competitions, and the game was not official GPS, it was unacceptable for the ref not be aware of the rules in a situation which creates such a large handicap. Him referring the View players by first name did little to help his credibility. Poor show.

I did find it amusing however, when later in the match he told the View players to cut the backchat. It seems a boy can't have a chat with what was obviously his friend, albeit a suspiciously older one.

W

Wowsah

View vs Grammer (if anyone cares)
68-0, but a few points to take out.
Riverview playing much better as a team, as i imagined that would have been the goal. Forwards worked as a unit better, 2nds number 8, someone Hunt i believe, is up to 1st XV standard. He is no Whiteley, but he does not tap penalties and run off on his own and get isolated. Question is will view leave him in the side somewhere. Plenty of good trys, but at the end of the day against grammer, so all will be revealed next week on what view really have to offer, but some positive signs. Will be a boost getting whitely back for the big clash against scots next week. (looking ford to that one!)

Some questions from the other games.
New vs Kings
A big blow for kings, would pretty much puts an end to there premiership hopes i would imagine. Not great for the people paying the school fees for the number of imports in the side. Well done Newington has predicted. Would have to say they are the front runners after round 2.
Not writing Kings off, they will id imagine still put up a barrier for the remaining teams as i heard they were still good dispite the loss.
A full in depth match report would be appreciated.

Joeys vs Scots
First of all, well done to scots. I'd imagine there forwards (who i admittedly doubted but then again, so did everyone) must have stepped up today. Congratulations to them.
Joeys?!?!?!
Such a strong performance against view. I did point out earlier they do lift for the battle of the catholics. Guess i was right on that, but wrong on the result. Tough blow for Joeys, as they would have been full of confidence.
Are Scots a title contender ? i would say not.
Again, a full game analysis would be appreciated. Hope everyone enjoyed what seemed to be an enjoyable game of rugby.

Shore
Laughing at the top of the table with Newington. Honestly do not think they are title contendors. See what happens.

Don't really see that you have actually asked any questions at all. Newington, Shore and Scots look to be the goods thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.