• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
1. Robertson (J)
2. Vea (N)
3. Sandell (J)/ Prior-Lees (N)
4. Rorke (I)
5. Cannell (N)
6. Morris (N)
7. Randle (K)
8. Whiteley (I)
9. Pulver (E)
10. Horowitz (S)
11. Redden (I)/Rollins(E)
12. Moeroa (N)
13. Foketi (K)
14. Jones (K)
15. Kellaway (S)

And what would your 2s team be then ?

T

Tom james

You seem a bit confident there? Kings easily have the best backline in the comp, and Joeys the best forward pack, lead by Jack "Ball-Fiddler" Watts (one of the best backrowers in the competition in my opinion). I'm not too sure Riverview have the firepower to take out this years competition
Riverview in my eyes have the strongest forward pack. With the likes of whiteley, rorke, dempsey, xavier may, and hosea how could you not back them as a pack. And also with sam gerry-burgess, alex lyons, redden and jack robertson in the backline how could they not be in the contest

connor95

Allen Oxlade (6)
My GPS 1's
1) Piggy
2) Vea
3) ManBear
4) Rorke
5) O'Donahue
6) Dempsey
7) Goldie
8) Whiteley
9) Lussick
10) Horwitz
11) Wilde
12) Barclay
13) Redden
14) B.Freeman
15) Kellaway

Alot of talk about Lussick for GPS 1's, wasnt at all impressive the last few times i have seen him, At the moment the 9 has to go to Pulver, Makasini or Curtin

SealClubber77

Stan Wickham (3)
Riverview in my eyes have the strongest forward pack. With the likes of whiteley, rorke, dempsey, xavier may, and hosea how could you not back them as a pack. And also with sam gerry-burgess, alex lyons, redden and jack robertson in the backline how could they not be in the contest

Whilst I respect your blatant bias that you flaunt throughout your posts, the facts are that Riverview have failed to impress in the trials thus far. However I acknowledge the potential they have, especially in their forward pack, namely the backrow, but their backs are young and seem one dimensional in attack. Riverview are just no shaping up to be the premiership winning team of the year after their losses to Joeys and Kings.

G

gps guru

I don't agree with you at all- both Joeys and Newington have better forward packs than view
Joeys standouts in the forwards-Piggy, "Ball-fiddler", Murphy, Goldie, Donohue
Newington standouts- Bartlett, Pryor-Lees, Vea

J

Jackson Smith

I don't agree with you at all- both Joeys and Newington have better forward packs than view
Joeys standouts in the forwards-Piggy, "Ball-fiddler", Murphy, Goldie, Donohue
Newington standouts- Bartlett, Pryor-Lees, Vea

Bartlett was at New but now is at joeys and playing 2nd XV for them, you must bd mistaking him for someone else in the new pack

SealClubber77

Stan Wickham (3)
100% - watched him play in cerise and blue in 2nds on the weekend, perhaps it was

I'm positive he was in the book at no.5 for the Newington firsts (he's a dragon slayer) , it seems unlikely that joeys could poach such a talent. Could anyone at Joeys or Newington now please clear this up?

J

Jackson Smith

Left newington last year, unknown for the reason but now plays for joeys, appeared in the program at the weekends game

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Anyone that counts out a team because of two trial games, demonstrates a huge lack of experience when it comes to following rugby... Especially when it comes to an undefeated team from the previous season, that is only lacking two key players (Wells, Vaux).

View will relish the underdog status leading into this comp. It's probably exactly what they needed after an undefeated year last year. Now they have nearly two months to perfect their combinations and gain the fitness levels apparently lacking before they play for keeps.

The first trial played was without Dempsey and their second was his first game back. The incumbent Aussie Schools 6 will be at full strength come the money end of the season, ready to lead his team the only way he knows how; from the front, with bone crunching defence and devastating ball running. It's true he is only one player, but how many times have we seen sporting teams stumble without one key individual? When he starts hitting form, I think you might find the team hit form, stepping up their play by more than a few gears.

Also in their favour is a dream draw. Newington have only won at View's home ground once in the last decade, Kings not since 2002 and Scots not since the 90's. Like a Wallabies team touring New Zealand, this place has a track record of sending many a great team away disappointed throughout the years. Teams with a much bigger advantage than the incumbent schools that will be visiting in 2012. The Kings sides of 08' and 09' with more than half of the Australian Schoolboys in their ranks will attest to that...

Do they have the players to do it? Absolutely. Rorke and Dempsey didn't make it into the Aussie schools on reputation. Niether of them even made GPS 1's or NSW 1's, in 2011. They were picked from obscurity due to their ability to shine when it mattered. They were picked because when it came to the crunch, they delivered, and 2012 will be no different. And Whitely? Well he may be the best of three...

Will they do it? I have no idea but from someone who has watched a many a season of GPS, I think they have a huge chance, much much more than they are given credit for on this forum. And a much better chance than I gave them in 2011.

Am I impartial? Absolutely not! I see the game through my Riverview tinted glasses.

But this sport fellas, not politics and the enemies you make by taking a decided stand, generally have more respect for you than the friends you make by sitting on the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.