• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Joeys have a few missing.

6. R. Gallagher is still out but 5. L. Deans is back and will lock the scrum with LHP J. Hardy.

Hooker T. Glasson is out and Oz Schools Ones THP Sandell will wear the 2 jersey - interesting. Both props will be from the Twos but LHP S. Dillon went OK last week subbing for Hardy.

Oz Schools Ones player N. Hanigan is also not available. Lock K. Wingti will play 8; he'll go OK.

There was a prop at the start of the year called Sykes. What happened to him?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
And don't want to offend SJC either! Not wanting to compare the 5th's to either flies OR ointment! :confused:

Cheers, Wreckless
And it's not so long ago that Scots used to put 16As at Centennial Park and play 1sts & 2nds soccer on the main ground followed by 1sts - 4ths rugby.

There's so many factors go into these schedules each week.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Tips for this weekend
Riverview vs Shore - should be a good contest between the north shore rivals. Shore have been disappointing to date and I expect another loss from them this week. The View boys will be too strong by 15
Joeys vs Kings - Both sides have a lot of injuries especially in the forwards. Fun Fact - the team that has won the trial between these two sides has not won the comp game since 2008. This would point to a second straight win for the Kings boys, but I think the Joe boys will show there class out wide. Joeys by 8
Scots vs Newington - game of the season, the only two undefeated sides on the GPS. Will be an absolute class game between two of the best schoolboys backlines in recent memory. Gonna tip the Scots boys to spoil the Newington party, Scots by 5 !!!

smokinjoe

Ward Prentice (10)
Tips for this weekend
Scots vs Newington - game of the season, the only two undefeated sides on the GPS. Will be an absolute class game between two of the best schoolboys backlines in recent memory. Gonna tip the Scots boys to spoil the Newington party, Scots by 5 !!!
Don't think so.
Newington too big and fast. Scots will predictably play wide to utilise Kellaway but Newington will be prepared.
Newington forwards will be stronger and their better backs will run through to ensure a win by 10+

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
And it's not so long ago that Scots used to put 16As at Centennial Park and play 1sts & 2nds soccer on the main ground followed by 1sts - 4ths rugby.

There's so many factors go into these schedules each week.
So Scots put the top 2 year 12 soccer sides and the top 4 year 12 rugby sides on the main and you are inferring that that is the same as u13 abc, 14 ab, 15 ab,no u16s or year 12 4th,2nds and 1sts on one of the biggest GPS game days of the year...please explain the so called comparison/justification.....factors??

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
So Scots put the top 2 year 12 soccer sides and the top 4 year 12 rugby sides on the main and you are inferring that that is the same as u13 abc, 14 ab, 15 ab,no u16s or year 12 4th,2nds and 1sts on one of the biggest GPS game days of the year.please explain the so called comparison/justification...factors??
I think you need to calm down. Are the Scots 16As so precious that if they don't get star billing, it' some sort of conspiracy against them?

The points I was making were:

1.16As aren't always on the main ground
2. There is no set schedule for matches on the main ground, there are many factors going into it of which you and I have no direct knowledge
3. If Scots want their 15As to play another school's Bs that request would have been granted I'm sure. Note that TSC 15As beat Shore 15As.

Is this really the biggest GPS game day of the year? Is there such a thing? Isn't just 2 schools playing each other in a number of rugby fixtures.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think you need to calm down. Are the Scots 16As so precious that if they don't get star billing, it' some sort of conspiracy against them?

The points I was making were:

1.16As aren't always on the main ground
2. There is no set schedule for matches on the main ground, there are many factors going into it of which you and I have no direct knowledge
3. If Scots want their 15As to play another school's Bs that request would have been granted I'm sure. Note that TSC 15As beat Shore 15As.

Is this really the biggest GPS game day of the year? Is there such a thing? Isn't just 2 schools playing each other in a number of rugby fixtures.

Well said.
For all any of us know, and this is a not infrequent issue, Scots have pipes practice or something else.
God forbid - maybe they have exams and one of the schools thought they should have the weekend to study.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
./...snip.../.
Isn't just 2 schools playing each other in a number of rugby fixtures.

Not only that, but sport is part of the NSW Education Department curriculum. Some schools emphasise it more than others, as some may put more emphasis into maths, or the arts or whatever as is the want of the Head of School and the Board.

We tragics frequently put too much focus on what is essentially part and parcel of basic schooling. But professional rugby is a legitimate career I hear the keyboards saying. So is being a Doctor, Lawyer, Mathematician, Carpenter and Truck driver. Schools should be equally preparing their students as best they can for these honorable occupations.

I can't recall the last time that I saw parents lining the walls of the Woodwork room yelling out "John, Measure twice before you cut!!!", or in the Maths classroom "Oliver - The Tangent is the opposite over the adjacent".

We spectators and punters should respect the privilege that the schools have granted us by allowing us into their educational environment to witness our kids doing an educational activity that we enjoy watching.

donj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Joeys 16a destroyed kings four tries to nil 25-6 kings had no answer to Tom wright Eddie king and Dylan grant these three opened up kings at every turn faster stronger bring on scots

The Spectator

Herbert Moran (7)
Joeys 16a destroyed kings four tries to nil 25-6 kings had no answer to Tom wright Eddie king and Dylan grant these three opened up kings at every turn faster stronger bring on scots

"Destroyed" is a bit melodramatic. But it was eventually a good win. It was 10-6 until just after half time. Don't forget that for the backs to get the ball, the forwards provide a good platform. I would say a good team effort as last time I checked, three players don't make a team

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
"Destroyed" is a bit melodramatic. But it was eventually a good win. It was 10-6 until just after half time. Don't forget that for the backs to get the ball, the forwards provide a good platform. I would say a good team effort as last time I checked, three players don't make a team

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
Also saw the game and it was those three backs who were the difference joeys forwards were unimpressive actually and outplayed by kings but king grant and wright were head and shoulders above the others

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
And in my travels, I popped into Koola Park this morning (great bacon and egg sandwich). Saw the 10s in action, Grammar 28 - Newington 19. Very enjoyable 45 minutes watching 30 odd kids having a great time playing rugby.

Well done both teams.:)

I have been told that there is more emphasis being out on an interest in sport at St Ives Grammar Prep - I assume it was them?

The Spectator

Herbert Moran (7)
Also saw the game and it was those three backs who were the difference joeys forwards were unimpressive actually and outplayed by kings but king grant and wright were head and shoulders above the others

That is such BS. Backs don't get the frikken ball and space without forwards. Wright is very solid in 10. DG stuffed up two tries by not passing. King had a great intercept try.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I have been told that there is more emphasis being out on an interest in sport at St Ives Grammar Prep - I assume it was them?
I think I heard them talking about St Ives so probably was them. Wherever they were from they were well drilled in the forwards and had a winger who ran 80 metres to score a try in the last minute who was so fast all the other boys looked like they were jogging after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.