• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
Yeah he played and actually turned the game with a great break and then a one handed around the corner pass to the put the winger in in the corner. It put joeys in front. He and Tom wright have been stand out players this year in a very strong joeys 16s.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
The scrum laws are clear.

Law 20.8 Front-row players
Lifting or forcing an opponent up. A front row player must not lift an opponent in the air, or force an opponent upwards out of the scrum, either when the ball is being thrown in or afterwards. This is dangerous play.​
Sanction: Penalty kick

In short, Joeys were robbed.
Wow!! Joeys at home complaining about a refs bad call costing them the game - now that's true karma. I wish I'd been there to see it after some of the home town decisions I've witnessed at Hunters Hill in 12 years of watching GPS rugby there.

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
Wow!! Joeys at home complaining about a refs bad call costing them the game - now that's true karma. I wish I'd been there to see it after some of the home town decisions I've witnessed at Hunters Hill in 12 years of watching GPS rugby there.
Not just the refs either, it's the grounds staff with the sprinklers as well!!!!

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
any info yet on the extent of kellerway's injury. If he's out for the season, im calling it for no chance on scots winning the premiership

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
any info yet on the extent of kellerway's injury. If he's out for the season, im calling it for no chance on scots winning the premiership

He walked back to his place after he got up but was ginger.

I hope he is OK to play the full quota of schools' games before him.

Fans from other schools will regret how he carved up their side at various times but true rugby lovers will look back at the rugby he played for Scots, NSW and Oz Schools with some admiration - and presently, look forward to his future career.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
I managed to see the 2nd half of the Shore v New 2nds match. Was great to see such a low but clinching score being 5-5 all when in quick succession the new halfback split his head open, prop for new got a yellow card and shore scored and missed the conversion. It was 10-5, with 20 mins to go when Lachlan Anderson set up a great try for the No.8 Tim Lee who gracefully scored under the posts and the conversion made it 12-10. Tough win for those Newington boys, Even though Shore looked very dominating for most of the match and stuck to strong structure in the forward pack.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I managed to see the 2nd half of the Shore v New 2nds match. Was great to see such a low but clinching score being 5-5 all when in quick succession the new halfback split his head open, prop for new got a yellow card and shore scored and missed the conversion. It was 10-5, with 20 mins to go when Lachlan Anderson set up a great try for the No.8 Tim Lee who gracefully scored under the posts and the conversion made it 12-10. Tough win for those boys, Shore looked very dominating for most of the match and stuck to strong structure in the forward pack.
Anyone know how many of the Shore 2nd XV are back next year? They've been very competitive this year and are Shore's best performing team.

beserker

Herbert Moran (7)
Just adding a further point. To me, the Rugby had stopped being a truly GPS competition, just a comp among a limited number of schools. Now I'm back, involved and cheering!

Agreed. I think at Scots, thirds players will get colours as it's a GPS championship.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Although it's been on ice since 1993, so should taste sweet if the corks are eventually popped. Wouldn't mind a glass two myself;).

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Kellaway will be fine. He is a typical back, he goes down all the time ... And unlike front rowers who are just doing it, to catch a breather, he is invariably fine, just a bit sensitive, like all backs.

It is kids like Hanigan, that dont go down .... when I saw him rubbing his shoulder, towards end of newington game, i knew it was not good for joeys.

Anyway not bagging kellaway, although I come back to his brother, he was pedestrian last year, but he has really come on.

Ps waverley college takes credit for 3 of scots tries ... As per my post under cas. What happened to the days when waverley boys went to joeys?

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Introduction – Shore 1st XV vs. Newington 1st XV

Sitting in the Shore School’s triumphant Hawker Stand and seeing hundreds of parents, players and schoolboys cheering on this highly anticipated match with only one thing in mind. Would this be one of biggest upsets in GPS rugby or would Newington show its master class and stay in the hunt for the 2013 AAGPS Rugby Premiership.

Scoring for the most of match was left up to the backs in this game with many tries on both sides being scored through the wings and through the centres. One thing for sure is that Shore was in it in every aspect of the game. By half time, through some Clancy magic, it saw a 17-17 scoreboard with a small Newington crowd looking eagerly shocked, as this could well be the end of the Premiership favorites. Then in-form and out of form kicker for Newington Joey Lussick managed to continue to slot any goal from anywhere the entire match. Then with 20 minutes to go, Shore had it by a grasp by converting an easy penalty goal to make it 20-17. From then on, Newington somehow bounced back

Newington – Newington’s gameplay, especially in the forwards, caused 2 or 3 substitutions early/mid and late through the match and the captain coming off with a sore shoulder just after the 1st half. This was only to be made worse when the elusive behemoth “Tanne Milne” had been yellow carded due to a ‘spectacular’ shoulder charge which left both the player and the crowd in awe of the shear power and aggression that went into it. Tepai had his moments but did not live up to his usual dominance on field. The back row for Newington did very well towards the end of the game and at the start with a new and inform 1st XV players of Stuart Mill who was so clean and well-executed when in Rucks and Lachlan Anderson who filled in at number 10 very well even though his size would not match 1st XV standards, his fearless and risky gameplay paid off in both the 1sts and 2nds games he played in.

Shore – Even with the added injuries in the forward pack and backline, every man in that team stood up and played above what was expected of them. The only things that let Shore down was the one-one tackles, securing the ruck and the physical dominance that was lacking in ball-running and scrums.

Players

Newington – 15, 13, 6, 7, 22, 20.

Shore – 10, 12, 1, 6

Conclusion – The main things to come out of this match was that Newington still maintain their finger grasp on the Premiership, whilst Shore having lost yet another game can only stop teams like Scots from becoming undefeated later in the season and taking out the first 10-round championship. And best thing for both schools is that they get to play each other and every other GPS school again.

For a more in-depth report, see George Smith's report on the schoolboy article page!

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
Shore sure stood up and played well yesterday. Would be nice if New learnt to use their backline properly.

That "shoulder charge" by Taane was ridiculous. A great hit that actually did involve arms. But I was not surprised after witnessing the 2nds game.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
That "shoulder charge" by Taane was ridiculous. A great hit that actually did involve arms. But I was not surprised after witnessing the 2nds game.

You saw it the same way I did Ted! The tackle was NOT a shoulder charge! It was not early ( perfect timing! ), not high ( below the shoulders ) and he DID use his arms! The problem was that the Shore lad went backwards about a metre or so on contact and wasn't "wrapped up" in the tackle probably giving the appearance of a shoulder charge to the referee ( who was unsighted I believe ). The touch judge would have seen it clearly but he wasn't consulted.

Re your final comment - you and I are on the same page there as well - see my post at #2783!

Cheers, Wreckless :)

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
Well as we are half way through the season i think it is time to sort out pretenders and the contenders.

1st XV Pretenders: 1. Shore- trying hard but don't have the quality
2. Kings- Haven't lived up to expectation
3. Joeys - Unfortunately another season for the brothers to not have success.

These pretenders have no chance of winning

Contenders: 1. Scots - Undeafeted and looking great to win the comp big game against newington coming up though.
2. Newington - Slightly disappointing really haven't quite clicked yet but still a great chance to win it.
3. Riverview - I still rate Riverview a slight chance, need results to go their way though. but i think next year might be there year

2nd XV Pretenders: 1. Scots
2. Kings
3. Shore

Contenders: 1. Joeys: Looking strong this year going to be hard to reel in at this point.
2. Newington: very unlucky against joeys will rate their chances.
3. Riverview - Their loss to shore really hurt their chances but if they go undefeated from here on in they give themselves every chance of winning it.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
So lee, are u going to give us some info on latrell? My interest, is only positive, kids got massive talent .... And hope he will be back? Just wouldn't want to see politics keeping this kid out .....

Although having coached kids, appreciate could be more to it ..... Or is it just an injury?

And am I right , are u a Griffith boy, or am I completely nuts .... Either way appreciate the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom