• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Scots, Joeys and Kings on top. Scots play winless Newington, Kings will get 2 pts for the bye and Joeys to play the inconsistent High. Unless some of the bottom 3 or 4 can spring a few upsets, it looks down to Kings and Scots with Joeys a rough chance.

If you go to the AAGPS website and click on rugby, you will find 2013 fixtures plus up to date competition tables for 1st, 2nd and 3rd XV.

Thanks, Jasdec. I had found the points score, but not the draw. I think that you are right. Assuming that my maths is right, and focusing just on TAS and SGS who are equal on seven points. With four rounds to go, the maximum number of points that either can get is 15.

Scots is on ten; three wins will keep it in front of those two. SJC and and Kings are on eight. They need four wins each counting the bye as a win.

I accept that this maths is incredibly crude. I could do a spread sheet that would set things out properly, but the numbers paint a basic picture. Both SGS and TAS have the potential to beat any team. While the chances are against them in the general sense, their performance will determine the final mix.

This may be an unworthy feeling. but I am rather hoping for a set of results that makes the thirds a very tight and exciting competition so that we just don't know the final outcome. While I am a one-eyed TAS supporter, while I then cheer for SGS and SBHS, this comp has been SO much fun. I don't really care who wins. If Scots or Kings wins, good on them. I will then look forward to next year.

My congratulations to the GPS. My thanks, too, to those who follow the thirds comp. I have probably met some of you on the sideline. I am the person on his own on the sidelines with the small camera who catches your eye and reaction and reacts to your comment,

I was thinking. Maybe in next year's discussions, we can get a specific thirds thread. I thought of creating a new forum, but that would fragment. The thirds are just part of the comp. Still, we have to assert ourselves.

Sorry for the length of this post.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Thanks, Jasdec. I had found the points score, but not the draw. I think that you are right. Assuming that my maths is right, and focusing just on TAS and SGS who are equal on seven points. With four rounds to go, the maximum number of points that either can get is 15.

Scots is on ten; three wins will keep it in front of those two. SJC and and Kings are on eight. They need four wins each counting the bye as a win.

I accept that this maths is incredibly crude. I could do a spread sheet that would set things out properly, but the numbers paint a basic picture. Both SGS and TAS have the potential to beat any team. While the chances are against them in the general sense, their performance will determine the final mix.

This may be an unworthy feeling. but I am rather hoping for a set of results that makes the thirds a very tight and exciting competition so that we just don't know the final outcome. While I am a one-eyed TAS supporter, while I then cheer for SGS and SBHS, this comp has been SO much fun. I don't really care who wins. If Scots or Kings wins, good on them. I will then look forward to next year.

My congratulations to the GPS. My thanks, too, to those who follow the thirds comp. I have probably met some of you on the sideline. I am the person on his own on the sidelines with the small camera who catches your eye and reaction and reacts to your comment,

I was thinking. Maybe in next year's discussions, we can get a specific thirds thread. I thought of creating a new forum, but that would fragment. The thirds are just part of the comp. Still, we have to assert ourselves.

Sorry for the length of this post.
I havent seen all the teams yet but the Scots 3rds have some bloody good players so any side will be doing well to beat them

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
This week's 3rds.....Any reports on how the travel is going in this competition and also when TAS, SGS & SHS As and Bs play the others Cs and Es?

A side question: are any of the Sydney schools travelling up to Armidale? They should do the trip at least once every second year.

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
I havent seen all the teams yet but the Scots 3rds have some bloody good players so any side will be doing well to beat them

I would agree IS, last week they were down 26? - 7 against Kings at halftime and came back to win the match 33 -29. I also counted, however not confirmed, that approximately 8 of the players are from last years undefeated 16A's who have combined very well with their Yr 12 counterparts.

thefencesitter

Allen Oxlade (6)
I would agree IS, last week they were down 26? - 7 against Kings at halftime and came back to win the match 33 -29. I also counted, however not confirmed, that approximately 8 of the players are from last years undefeated 16A's who have combined very well with their Yr 12 counterparts.

Some of the Year 12 players were even in the firsts and seconds last year I have been told!

S

Sam Douglas

A side question: are any of the Sydney schools travelling up to Armidale? They should do the trip at least once every second year.

Riverview are travelling up here this week. My son has informed me that there are only yr 11 playing in the team, which would make the team significantly weaker

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Some of the Year 12 players were even in the firsts and seconds last year I have been told!

The only player from last year's firsts is Murray who is coming back from a shoulder reconstruction and can't play higher than 3rds. He hasn't played in every game and missed the Kings game because of this (soreness). As far as I'm aware there are no players from last year's 2nds

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The only player from last year's firsts is Murray who is coming back from a shoulder reconstruction and can't play higher than 3rds. He hasn't played in every game and missed the Kings game because of this (soreness). As far as I'm aware there are no players from last year's 2nds
What position does he play?

rickety knees

Peter Burge (5)
Riverview are travelling up here this week. My son has informed me that there are only yr 11 playing in the team, which would make the team significantly weaker

How does the travel work, do they bus the one team up there and back or do they fly ? Does TAS host or Billet out the boys or do they stay in Hotels ? Does it work in Reverse when TAS come to sydney ?

thefencesitter

Allen Oxlade (6)

Max Champion?

The Spectator

Herbert Moran (7)
How does the travel work, do they bus the one team up there and back or do they fly ? Does TAS host or Billet out the boys or do they stay in Hotels ? Does it work in Reverse when TAS come to sydney ?

At Joeys, all boys in thirds teams travel up by bus on Friday lunch time, have McD's for dinner, sleep in the gym, get up have a sausage sizzle, play footy, then return to Sydney by 8pm Saturday.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
LG i know you may get annoyed at this, but I just wanted the query the forum on what that Number 10 from New 2nds will get when he faces the judiciary or is it run by the school when he give out a punishment in this instant

rawsteak

Stan Wickham (3)
LG i know you may get annoyed at this, but I just wanted the query the forum on what that Number 10 from New 2nds will get when he faces the judiciary or is it run by the school when he give out a punishment in this instant
From my understanding he is not eligible to play for the rest of the season. A couple of other Newington boys received suspensions (Fullback and Winger) I believe. Also View prop that was third man may be suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.