• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Newington deserving victors. didnt see first game but newington always looked big and dangerous. as an independent, think yellOw card probably bit disappointing. as that ultimately proved deciding factor, and would have preferred new to win without a bit contenious call. Replacement prop couldnt match it, and any sniff gone with a late tight head scrum.

Anyway new definitely deserved win ... And scots will be happy that no injuries

So I will say I called it ... Front row was scots weakpoint.

Oh well will make final round joeys match more interesting.

Saw a bit of 13as, and that is the biggest fwd pack of under 13s ever ... Think it was an Angus that starred. No way could scots have won that.

So bound to be more titanic games in yrs ahead

T

Tight head Lion

Newington 32-21. Poor TSC discipline late in the game hurts Scots.

T

Tight head Lion

Good outcome for Kings. Joeys won't be happy.

Backlash from Joeys next week?

Word from the benches that Joeys never really recovered from the Scots loss. Mentally they signed off. Three games In a row conceding 40+. Not seen that ever.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Was Yellow Card an example of Steve Walsh grandstanding?

Snouts in the Referee fraternity tell me that Mr Walsh was not happy to be appointed to a "<sneering> schoolboy match when I am a IRB Test referee, why can't I do a Shute Shield game".

Would be poor form from Princess Steve if that was the case, and I'd wager that there was a significantly larger audience at Scots than at Coogee Oval.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Word from the benches that Joeys never really recovered from the Scots loss. Mentally they signed off. Three games In a row conceding 40+. Not seen that ever.

That is a surprise. Most of the Joeys squad are competent footballers. Conceding 40 points once is a mistake or bad day at the office that we all have from time to time, twice is alarming, three times....

If this was the Wobs..... I wouldn't want to be the coach. Still reckon that the cerise/pink boys can bounce back.

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
Very hard fort match between New and Scots but New definitely better on the day, lots of dropped ball from TSC.......... New number 10 had a blinder.......

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Was Yellow Card an example of Steve Walsh grandstanding?

Snouts in the Referee fraternity tell me that Mr Walsh was not happy to be appointed to a "<sneering> schoolboy match when I am a IRB Test referee, why can't I do a Shute Shield game".

Would be poor form from Princess Steve if that was the case, and I'd wager that there was a significantly larger audience at Scots than at Coogee Oval.
Yes, but Steve Walsh thrives on being the centre of attention - no TV cameras at Bellevue Hill. It's a pity, because if not for his personality, he has all the attributes to be the no 1 referee in the world. Somewhat ironic that the only thing preventing this is his desire for everyone to know how good he is at every possible moment.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
That is a surprise. Most of the Joeys squad are competent footballers. Conceding 40 points once is a mistake or bad day at the office that we all have from time to time, twice is alarming, three times..

If this was the Wobs... I wouldn't want to be the coach. Still reckon that the cerise/pink boys can bounce back.
As I said, Joeys are the ultimate party spoilers. They'd be the last team I'd want to play if I needed to win a match to secure the title. Coming off 3 straight losses, they could be even more dangerous in the last match of the year.

Switch

Frank Row (1)
Hi there, first time poster, long time reader. I was at Northbridge today, and i would just like to comment on the refereeing today. It was the first time ever i have been disgusted with something to do with school boy rugby. Hovering between the 16a's and 2nds (both on at 2) i was confronted by the most shocking, unfair and most bias refereeing i have seen to date in the 16a's. Shore scored and he penalised View after they scored on the 50 metre restart. I was on the side line when one of the players from Riverview asked the ref what a penalty was for he replied to the boy "Shut the F*ck Up". I believe the referee was a Shore father, and any details on him would be appreciated. By the way i have no association with either school, as the ISA comp is over i thought id make it out to watch some rugby at Northbridge.

smashgh

Frank Row (1)
View really need to work on their kicking game. Shore did well to place them under pressure but too many times there were nonsensical kicks by the wingers or McGregor didn't make enough ground from the 22. Good to see Bowditch attempting to rile some of the Shore forwards. View crowd eerily quite today.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<snip> I was on the side line when one of the players from Riverview asked the ref what a penalty was for he replied to the boy "Shut the F*ck Up". <snip>.

I have no reason to disbelieve you. That sort of behaviour from a referee, if true, is out of line and has no place in Schoolboy football.

You should probably make a formal report to the MIC Rugby at Shore. Call the School Switchboard on Monday, and I am sure that you will be able to speak to them. I reckon that they will not condone that sort of language from a referee appointed to one of their games.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I have no reason to disbelieve you. That sort of behaviour from a referee, if true, is out of line and has no place in Schoolboy football.

You should probably make a formal report to the MIC Rugby at Shore. Call the School Switchboard on Monday, and I am sure that you will be able to speak to them. I reckon that they will not condone that sort of language from a referee appointed to one of their games.

I suggest writing to the headmaster.

Switch

Frank Row (1)

Although i sound like a complainer, I watch and love schoolboy rugby merely for the pride and history but seeing something like that i believe was completely disgusting and should not go un-noticed. May i add that a boy has ended up in hospital after being speared tackled onto his neck around a ruck. It does not help when both of the touch judges were the same age as the boys playing from the same school. Does anyone know where i can find contact details of the school?

Status
Not open for further replies.