• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
As I said, Joeys are the ultimate party spoilers. They'd be the last team I'd want to play if I needed to win a match to secure the title. Coming off 3 straight losses, they could be even more dangerous in the last match of the year.

Both New and Scots need to be careful that they don't suffer a let down after the hype of yesterdays match! As you say Quicky - Joeys will be keen to spoil Scots season, and the same goes for Shore at Stanmore!

Shore pushed last years Newington Championship team to the limit at the Stanmore fixture, and in the first round this year at Northbridge they did the same. They were well in that game for long periods and even led at half time I believe!

Both New and Scots need to re-launch to finish the season off on a high.

Cheers, Wreckless :)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Aaah.. I just love the Karma of it all after 12 years of watching teams visiting Hunters Hill get absolutely ripped off by Joeys refs. Couldn't have asked for a better Father's Day present. ;)

You've been giving that dog a good run CTPE. :)

Congratulations to your boys - they were magnificent.

watto24

Frank Row (1)
I must say with the newington scots game, i was disgusted in the way that the newington inside centre played. He was cheap shoting the scots boys, espically the scots second rower kellaway, he had punched him in the head repeatedly and nothing had happened. Such a shame.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Just a reminder to several posters here that multiple accounts are not allowed, especially if people seem to be using them to be pains in the arse and clutter threads with crap.
I'd hate to have to remove some schizoid posters permanently.
Talk footy, less crap.
Are they replying to themselves as well? The first sign of madness?:)

GPS Contender

Stan Wickham (3)
I must say with the newington scots game, i was disgusted in the way that the newington inside centre played. He was cheap shoting the scots boys, espically the scots second rower kellaway, he had punched him in the head repeatedly and nothing had happened. Such a shame.

Your kidding mate! You were watching a different game to the rest of the 5 or 6,000 supporters. The game flowed without any dirty stuff at all. Minimal penalties and only 1 card for syndical play in the red zone, which was as a result of simple frustration, that's all !. Your're looking to start something here but you're way off the mark. Discuss the game by all means, but don't make S##t up to justify a post.

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
Your kidding mate! You were watching a different game to the rest of the 5 or 6,000 supporters. The game flowed without any dirty stuff at all. Minimal penalties and only 1 card for syndical play in the red zone, which was as a result of simple frustration, that's all !. Your're looking to start something here but you're way off the mark. Discuss the game by all means, but don't make S##t up to justify a post.

Could not agree more. For a game of such significant consequences, I was truly impressed with the spirit in which it was played, and both sides are to be congratulated for it.

Can we not have posters try and create controversy where there is none, and rather be thankful for the spectacle we were offered?

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
the major disgrace in the Newington Scots game was the behaviour of scots old boys as joey lussic attempted to kick a deciding penalty 10 minutes from full time. the previous kicks were respected by total silence, the scots old boys screamed and tortured the engine of a motorbike to break the atmosphere. I was surprised not to see any reaction from the referee

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
the major disgrace in the Newington Scots game was the behaviour of scots old boys as joey lussic attempted to kick a deciding penalty 10 minutes from full time. the previous kicks were respected by total silence, the scots old boys screamed and tortured the engine of a motorbike to break the atmosphere. I was surprised not to see any reaction from the referee

I agree this is not something we want to see, but within the laws of the game, does the referee have any control over this? Surely the school needs to address such matters.

watto24

Frank Row (1)

I actually spoke to kellaway after the game about the incident. so believe what you want to believe! it was one incident and he coped 20 punches in the head.

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)

The punching incident by the New 12 absolutely happened. He tackled the Scots player and I could clearly see him punching him on the ground in the ruck, at least 4 times. I couldn't quite believe it was so blatant.
Aside from that, a brilliant game to watch, two sides putting it all on the line.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I agree this is not something we want to see, but within the laws of the game, does the referee have any control over this? Surely the school needs to address such matters.
Unless they're on the sideline or on the field, there's probably little that the referee can do. As you suggest, it really is a matter for the Scots officials on the day.

watto24

Frank Row (1)
Could not agree more. For a game of such significant consequences, I was truly impressed with the spirit in which it was played, and both sides are to be congratulated for it.

Can we not have posters try and create controversy where there is none, and rather be thankful for the spectacle we were offered?

Newington did desvere to win as they played better. But there is controversy that needs to be addressed. I'm not the only won that saw him cope 20 odd punches in the head.

watto24

Frank Row (1)
The punching incident by the New 12 absolutely happened. He tackled the Scots player and I could clearly see him punching him on the ground in the ruck, at least 4 times. I couldn't quite believe it was so blatant.
Aside from that, a brilliant game to watch, two sides putting it all on the line.

Thank you. I agree with you, will go down as one of the greatest gps rugby games in history.

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
What about the ref pulling up the game to talk to the new 15 after repeated offences ......... no yellow card for him........

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
What about the ref pulling up the game to talk to the new 15 after repeated offences ... no yellow card for him....

repeat offence? no, that was one tackle he made which was ambiguously high, Tepai Moroea and Taane Milne both get penalised for simply making hard tackles not high tackles, it gets tedious after a while

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
so looks like joeys will be 3 from 10 at season end.... you could not imagine that 10 years ago......

Wow, if Joeys continue this fall from grace much longer and slide further down the ladder they may be the next school to exit the GPS 1st XV comp and join the very healthy 3rd XV comp. Imagine that.....

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
Any way what a great game I watched in the 3rd 15, Scots V TAS, it was an absolute pleasure to watch, TAS had the game wrapped up and Scots fought back a little to little to late, but the real winner I thought was GPS rugby ..... along with RM Williams and Co. on the sideline, great rugby and TAS were a great side ..... i look forward to when they and Grammar and High might be able to compete at the top level again ......... I really thought that TAS were not that far off.......great sportsmanship to see TAS tunnel New on to field.........

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
repeat offence? no, that was one tackle he made which was ambiguously high, Tepai Moroea and Taane Milne both get penalised for simply making hard tackles not high tackles, it gets tedious after a while
no the ref pulled him up and called the captain over for a high tackle and repeated infringments .....

Analyst

Frank Row (1)
In no way, shape or form did the no. 12 for Newington punch any member of the scots team. If you were not at the game and/or have not seen either sides footage of the game then can we get back to discussing rugby. Lets focus on the postives!!! Both Scots and Newington deserve to be premiers and the game showed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.