• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Halfback Hero

Interesting comment on 16s as I was told view 16c beat their bs
Yep view C's defeated the B's quite easily and that forced some late changes, highlighting some weak selections. So the C's are strong this year yes but the 16's did lose some numbers to Opens unlike Joeys.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
I haven't seen a King's team list as yet but I expect that the sky blue and white will give a good account of themselves. Newington have pretty much the same backs as last year but are not as strong in the forwards particularly up front with the likes of Pryor-Lees, Vea etc moving on. New only beat King's 36-27 last year and I think that King's have a real chance of a surprise victory - in Davis at 9, Tulloch at 10, Davies at 12 and Kane at 15 they have some wonderful talent capable of putting on plenty of points. A lot will depend on what platform the forwards can lay for them - they need to win their set pieces and be ultra competitive at the breakdown- ultimately this will boil down to a fitness contest with hardest working set of forwards giving their backs the opportunity to prevail.
I await with baited breath to hear the results CTPE!!! Could there be more than one upset this weekend? Goodluck to Jack and the lads!

U

Unders Line

I haven't seen a King's team list as yet but I expect that the sky blue and white will give a good account of themselves. Newington have pretty much the same backs as last year but are not as strong in the forwards particularly up front with the likes of Pryor-Lees, Vea etc moving on. New only beat King's 36-27 last year and I think that King's have a real chance of a surprise victory - in Davis at 9, Tulloch at 10, Davies at 12 and Kane at 15 they have some wonderful talent capable of putting on plenty of points. A lot will depend on what platform the forwards can lay for them - they need to win their set pieces and be ultra competitive at the breakdown- ultimately this will boil down to a fitness contest with hardest working set of forwards giving their backs the opportunity to prevail.
It will all come down to how well the boys from either team defend in the backs. Both teams have great offensive lines it is now down to defence

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
The riverview men having there last run around today with a keen eye i sat and watched them, looking very sharp and enthusiastic, and jack mcgregors kick looking large, with Bill Freeman kicking well this young team will be hard to beat.

1. Nathan Kelly
2. Hosea
3. Jack Bowditch
4. Beau Petterson
5. Lincoln Whitley
6. Jack Hayson
7. Connor Menzies
8. Ben Hunt
9. Mike Kennedy
10. Jack Mcgregor
11. Sam Mete
12. Tom Molloy
13. Henry Hutchinson
14. Charlie McKay
15. Bill Freeman

To watch: Jack Hayson, Ben Hunt, Mike Kennedy, Jack Mcgregor these 4 men will either make the boys in the white stripes win or loose.
VIEW BY 10 !

U

Unders Line

The riverview men having there last run around today with a keen eye i sat and watched them, looking very sharp and enthusiastic, and jack mcgregors kick looking large, with Bill Freeman kicking well this young team will be hard to beat.

1. Nathan Kelly
2. Hosea
3. Jack Bowditch
4. Beau Petterson
5. Lincoln Whitley
6. Jack Hayson
7. Connor Menzies
8. Ben Hunt
9. Mike Kennedy
10. Jack Mcgregor
11. Sam Mete
12. Tom Molloy
13. Henry Hutchinson
14. Charlie McKay
15. Bill Freeman

To watch: Jack Hayson, Ben Hunt, Mike Kennedy, Jack Mcgregor these 4 men will either make the boys in the white stripes win or loose.
VIEW BY 10 !
Does anyone have the Joeys firsts line up

rawsteak

Stan Wickham (3)

1. Nathan Kelly
2. Hosea
3. Jack Bowditch
4. Beau Petterson
5. Lincoln Whitley
6. Jack Hayson
7. Connor Menzies
8. Ben Hunt
9. Mike Kennedy
10. Jack Mcgregor
11. Sam Mete
12. Tom Molloy
13. Henry Hutchinson
14. Charlie McKay
15. Bill Freeman

VIEW BY 10 !
For a team that some picked for the wooden spoon - a lot of people are piling a hell of a lot of pressure on these kids to perform. Let's just let the game do the talking and not boarders.

connor95

Allen Oxlade (6)
My GPS 1st and 2nds

2nds

1- Vuni Fifita (new)
2-??
3- Bowditch (view)
4-??
5-??
6- anthony Vasilis (new)
7- dave Morris (new)
8- Ben Hunt (view)
9- Mike Kennedy (View)
10- Corey Tulloch (kings)
11- Josh Mitchell (new)
12- Tim McCutchinson (Joeys)
13- Henry Hutchinson- (View)
14- Sepsesa Loaga-Tarogi (new)
15- Nic Clancy (Shore)

What about whitely for 4-5?

Also any early thoughts on joeys back line, particularly 11,12,13,14?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Predictions for the weekend:
Joeys in a close match by 1
Scots to run away with it by 17
Newington 30+

I have been hearing rumours about your beloved grammar boys Inside Shoulder and heard the 1s team list is as followed:
1. Tsakiris
2. Wang
3. Mcdermott
4. Begg
5. Westrup
6. Gorry (c)
7. Krempff
8. Digby
9. Williams
10. Mackie
11. Chadwick
12. Lee
13. Wagner
14. Robertson
15. Sutcliffe

Gorry apparently has his head in the door of the GPS 3's backrow; despite grammar being relegated to thirds, with his performances last year in the 1s and his trial performances this year i hear Lachlan Fear is pushing for him to make the cut. Apart from the loss of former hooker Sullivan (due to a shoulder injury i believe), the team looks strong with many former 1s and last year 16as players in the squad and i truly believe they will have a strong showing on the weekend beating joeys convincingly and asserting themselves as the heavyweights of their competition.
I hope he does and I think he should. I was actually going to talk him up after the high game but figured I'd be howled down, and not knowing the standard of high, so didn't bother.
He's a good size for a schoolboy 6: because of the uncertainties of being picked from where he is I hope he plays after school because I would like to see how he goes in a strong weekly comp.
He had been out with a fractured cheek bone until high, so I've only seen him in that context this year. 6 suits him better than 4/5. Stole a lot of ball at 2 which is, IMHO, never easy to do. A real leader from my incidental (ie off the field) observations of him.
Chadwick played at 15 and I was impressed particularly given he is only in year 10.
The school coaches have quite a bit of input to the GPS selections I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)
There's a red headed bloke at Scots who might force a spot in that team, just quietly.

He will be the first back picked - it will be interesting to see whether he gets the 10 or 15 jumper?
Ben Starkey and Matt Craft are big chances of joining him in the GPS 1s. The most pleasing thing about Scots so far this year is that despite the loss of Horwitz and Stewart from their backline they are still playing an expansive running game which is creating havoc for other defences and leading to plenty of points being scored.

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)
It will all come down to how well the boys from either team defend in the backs. Both teams have great offensive lines it is now down to defence
If Kings have the same backline they'll will need to improve a lot on their defensive performance against Scots because they were shredded out wide. It won't be any easier with Moeroa, Milne, Abrahams et al running at them!!

main event

Stan Wickham (3)
If Kings have the same backline they'll will need to improve a lot on their defensive performance against Scots because they were shredded out wide. It won't be any easier with Moeroa, Milne, Abrahams et al running at them!!

On that can anyone post the Kings starting line up?

footy5

Bob McCowan (2)
Newington should bet Kings, out wide and through the inside backs. Kings have quiet a young team that is able to score a lot of points but I don't think they will be able to match the physically. If they are passive they will put more points one them, as the newington are hard to stop once they get going. Newington by 2/3 tries

Riverview should just get over joeys. It will be a tough game but I think view just have more attacking options and a good base through the middle. Field position will be key with both teams set pieces having to be strong. View by 5

Scots should get over shore. They have showed they can score points, and have all the ingredients for a winning team. They have a mobile skilled forward pack as do shore but I think scots are a little more experienced. Shore have skill in the halves and good kicking options, but I don't think they will be able to match scots out wide. Scots by 4 tries

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I hope he does and I think he should. I was actually going to talk him up after the high game but figured I'd be howled down, and not knowing the standard of high, so didn't bother.
He's a good size for a schoolboy 6: because of the uncertainties of being picked from where he is I hope he plays after school because I would like to see how he goes in a strong weekly comp.
He had been out with a fractured cheek bone until high, so I've only seen him in that context this year. 6 suits him better than 4/5. Stole a lot of ball at 2 which is, IMHO, never easy to do. A real leader from my incidental (ie off the field) observations of him.
Chadwick played at 15 and I was impressed particularly given he is only in year 10.
The school coaches have quite a bit of input to the GPS selections I believe.

I know he plates u16s last year, but is Gorry in year 11 or 12 ?

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys line up for this weekend
1. Jono Hardy
2. Teirney Glasson
3. Matt Sandell (c)
4. Koim Wingti
5. Linden Deans
6. Rory Gallagher
7. Paddy O'Brien
8. Ned Hanigan
9. Pat Curtain
10. Andrew Deegan
11. Latrell Robinson
12. Willo McDonell
13. Kurtis Bennent
14. Tim McCutcheon
15. Paddy Vaughn

Very strong foward pack and both the halves have plenty of big game experience. Views back line will struggle to use their speed against an equally if not quicker back line from Joeys. Shaping up to be one of the best Joeys View games in a while.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
Joeys line up for this weekend
1. Jono Hardy
2. Teirney Glasson
3. Matt Sandell (c)
4. Koim Wingti
5. Linden Deans
6. Rory Gallagher
7. Paddy O'Brien
8. Ned Hanigan
9. Pat Curtain
10. Andrew Deegan
11. Latrell Robinson
12. Willo McDonell
13. Kurtis Bennent
14. Tim McCutcheon
15. Paddy Vaughn

Very strong foward pack and both the halves have plenty of big game experience. Views back line will struggle to use their speed against an equally if not quicker back line from Joeys. Shaping up to be one of the best Joeys View games in a while.

What happened to Mason Cohen? he played well against Kings in the trial, injured or dropped?

Ted S Hunter

Peter Burge (5)
Best of luck to all teams this weekend. All matches promise to be top shelf games. Kings trying to claw back from the depths of hell after a Scots drubbing, Scots out to try and knock a young and enthusiastic Shore side, and the classic battle of the Saints!

For what it's worth here are what i am tipping as the key match ups/deciders in this weekends games:

Kings V New:
The Kings backs need to tackle, straight forward and simple. They dont have the strength to bust the Newington backline, so they should be trying to take New in the forwards and beat them with speed. If this isn't on and New have fast easy breakdown ball, their backs will prove to strong i think, and based on the flimsy defence against Scots, it could get ugly, although i am backing the Kings boys to show some pride and really be up for this! Davies v Lussick will be a belter of a match up as will the inside centres (he was Kings best 2 weeks ago).

Scots V Shore:
I dont think this will be the battle of the 10's. Based on Kellaway's defence last week, Clancy probably ownt be trying to race through the 9/10 or 10/12 channel, but will be trying to shift the ball wider and strike out wide. I am tipping Scots to try and run Shore off the park like they did against Kings. If the Scots forwards are up for it again, the Shore centres will be working hard and their young back row better have their runnign boots on to match the Scots offload game. Key match ups in this one will be the Back row, if Shore can step up and close out the impact of Kamp, Dunbar and Crichton, this could be a very tight game. Look for a big impact from the Scots tight 5, i think they may well prove the difference in mobility.

Clash of the Saints (View v Joeys):
This one should be a cracker, evenly matched accross the park by all accounts. Again it will be the back row working hard. Their work will determine how well both backlines flourish, and we all know (well by everyone else's account), both backlines love to run and attack. If Sandell can run like an extra 6, Joeys may well have that extra bit of punch at the breakdown that could put Deegan on the front foot, and if he can distribute well, it is his outside men who will do the damage, and Deegan loves a big stage! Am keen to see the result of this weeks game and the report of how well (or not) the young flyhalf steps up.

Anyway, on a parting note and just to get the blood flowing, here is the higlights reel from the Scots v Kings game. My young bloke just sent it through. On reflection, probably not the most accurate recount of how the game really unfolded, but god its great to see the big locks thundering away from the 22 for a meat pie each!, Also the Scots winger (Crafts) is dead set electric, a damn good start to his personal highlights reel!

Anyway enjoy and best of luck to all the boys this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.