• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
GPS teams to play CAS on Tuesday 18 June at Knox Grammar School.

All players to assemble at Newington College on Sunday 16 June at 9:30am

Key: E – Shore, G – Grammar, H – High, I – St Ignatius, J – St Josephs, K – Kings, S – Scots, N - Newington

1ST XV
Vunipolu Fifta (N) Matt Serhon (N) Matt Sandell (J) Ned Hanigan (J) Lachlan Cannell (N) David Morris (N) Hamish Dunbar (S) Angus Crichton (S) Joey Lussick (N) Jack Clancy (E) Matt Craft (S) Tepai Meoroa (N) Taane Milne (N) Latrell Robinson (J) Andrew Kellaway (S) (capt)

2ND XV
Doug Streeter (E) Jamaine Crossley (S) Masui Tafui (N) Nick Kellaway (S) Anthony Vasilis (N) Jack McCalman (K) Jum Woodhill (E) Ben Hunt (I) Mitchell Short (S) Andrew Deegan (J) (capt) Bill Freeman (I) Ben Starkey (S) Will Davies (K) Simon Kennewell (N) Nic Clancy (E)

Reserves required to attend on Tuesday
Nathan Kelly (I) Hosea Fotukava (I) Angus Cooke (E) Harry Emery (E) Henry Hutchinson (I)

GPS 3RD XV to play CCC on Friday at Curagul Fields on Friday 21 June
Nathan Kelly (I) Hosea Fotukava (I) Will Ridley (S) Paddy Olver (E) Koim Wingti (J) Olly Kamp (S) (Capt) Patrick O’Brien (J) Angus Cooke (E) Harry Emery (E) Corey Tulloch (K) Charlie Oldham (E) Kurtis Bennett (J) Henry Hutchinson (I) Josh Mitchell (N) Callum Styles (S)

Reserves required to attend on Friday 21 June
Jack Bowditch (I) Tierney Glasson (J) George Prassas (N) Michael Kennedy (I) Tom Molloy (I) Guy Porter (S)

Shadow to attend assemble at Newington College
William McDonnell (J)
amazing how quickly the selectors can agree on the teams and post them so soon after the 4.50pm final whistle!

ilive4315

Frank Row (1)
GPS TEAMS AS FOLLOWS:
1ST XV
Vunipolu Fifta (N) Matt Serhon (N) Matt Sandell (J) Ned Hanigan (J) Lachlan Cannell (N) David Morris (N) Hamish Dunbar (S) Angus Crichton (S) Joey Lussick (N) Jack Clancy (E) Matt Craft (S) Tepai Meoroa (N) Taane Milne (N) Latrell Robinson (J) Andrew Kellaway (S) (capt)

2ND XV
Doug Streeter (E) Jamaine Crossley (S) Masui Tafui (N) Nick Kellaway (S) Anthony Vasilis (N) Jack McCalman (K) Jum Woodhill (E) Ben Hunt (I) Mitchell Short (S) Andrew Deegan (J) (capt) Bill Freeman (I) Ben Starkey (S) Will Davies (K) Simon Kennewell (N) Nic Clancy (E)

Reserves required to attend on Tuesday
Nathan Kelly (I) Hosea Fotukava (I) Angus Cooke (E) Harry Emery (E) Henry Hutchinson (I)

GPS 3RD XV to play CCC on Friday at Curagul Fields on Friday 21 June
Nathan Kelly (I) Hosea Fotukava (I) Will Ridley (S) Paddy Olver (E) Koim Wingti (J) Olly Kamp (S) (Capt) Patrick O’Brien (J) Angus Cooke (E) Harry Emery (E) Corey Tulloch (K) Charlie Oldham (E) Kurtis Bennett (J) Henry Hutchinson (I) Josh Mitchell (N) Callum Styles (S)

Reserves required to attend on Friday 21 June
Jack Bowditch (I) Tierney Glasson (J) George Prassas (N) Michael Kennedy (I) Tom Molloy (I) Guy Porter (S)

Shadow to attend assemble at Newington College
William McDonnell (J)

smashgh

Frank Row (1)
Sorry SmashGH - don't know which rugby match you were watching.
One of the worst rugby matches I have seen in a while at that level - contributed to by an almost incompetent performance with the man with the pea.

Penalty count 21-6 - and his knowledge of U19scrum law almost non existent.
Shore backline spent most of the match off side trying to smother the scots backs - who were dreadful.

Scots Forwards totally dominated the smaller Shore packing winning several tight heads & taking several lineouts as well. Nearly nvery scrum an absolute shambles - and bordering on unsafe.

I trust that one of the more sensible observers will post a match report shortly.

The Hound

Hahaha...Hound are you from Shore? Give the Scots backs some credit. They made sweeping plays which often garnered 30 or 40 metres along with great kick chases and let's not forget they scored all the tries. Crichton was basically the only forward able to make any meters. In all fairness, scots pack did dom in the scrum, but in terms of the breakdown it was pretty even. And i'm not going to comment on the reffing, give credit where credit is due, Scots were better on the day.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Will be very interesting indeed, class mixed with brute strength! Surprising no St. Ignatius' boys in the 1sts? Any opinions there?
My comment is this...the exclusion of Sam Mete ( view) from all of the GPS sides says a lot about the process.. The kid has been outstanding all year...although I will say great call on Clancy in 1's.. He has shown great class all year...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Teams a little predictable. Hooker seems to be "interesting". I thought Serhon (n) was a prop.

Fotukava was GPS 3 last year and a late call up to Nationals in Combined States. Surprising to see him in 3's again, but George Smith did call it.

I thought Jack McCalman would have made the I's but guess he has been associated with the poor start to the season from Kings.

capybara

Bob McCowan (2)
My comment is this.the exclusion of Sam Mete ( view) from all of the GPS sides says a lot about the process.. The kid has been outstanding all year.although I will say great call on Clancy in 1's.. He has shown great class all year.
I do agree with you there, hes extremely crafty and ads even more speed to an already quick St.Ignatius backline. Clancy, im sure will utilise Tepai and Taane in the centers, which will make for a deadly backline, following behind from Kelleway, lets just say i doubt CHS or CAS will have the firepower of this team.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
I disagree. A few scrappy mistakes, including dropped ball and knock ons. Ted S is on the mark. I fear for the side that meets Newington when they hit their stride.

if those mistakes didnt occur, it would've been 70+, consider kings lucky I suppose

Roar

Herbert Moran (7)
I do agree with you there, hes extremely crafty and ads even more speed to an already quick St.Ignatius backline. Clancy, im sure will utilise Tepai and Taane in the centers, which will make for a deadly backline, following behind from Kelleway, lets just say i doubt CHS or CAS will have the firepower of this team.
Can you tell me When the NSW Sides get Announced ??

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Any report?

What to report?
2 schools I love for different reasons: the SJC 3rds proved my faith in the SJC system of producing competent rugby players for and over the ages; SGS proved my faith in people who set their noses to the grindstone.
This game i love, played in the spirit intended.
The game the thing; the rest, a circumstance.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
What to report?
2 schools I love for different reasons: the SJC 3rds proved my faith in the SJC system of producing competent rugby players for and over the ages; SGS proved my faith in people who set their noses to the grindstone.

Hitting the "like" button does not do this post justice IS! Nothing I could possibly add! :cool:

And a magnificent "tip of the lid" to JAR McKellar - I've booked him - and Football Field Evening - for my send off to the great eternal!

Can't find a suitable emoticon - so :

Cheers, Wreckless :):):)

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
gps teams are up.
1st xv:
Vunipolu Fifta (N)
Matt Serhon (N)
Matt Sandell (J)
Ned Hanigan (J)
Lachlan Cannell (N)
David Morris (N)
Hamish Dunbar (S)
Angus Crichton (S)
Joey Lussick (N)
Jack Clancy (E)
Matt Craft (S)
Tepai Meoroa (N)
Taane Milne (N)
Latrell Robinson (J)
Andrew Kellaway (S) (capt)
When was the last time the GPS 1sts Captain was also the Captain of the Premiership team?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
What to report?

Joeys being the yardstick for all rugby especially below 2nds/Bs teams, Grammar would seem to have turned something of a corner.

Well done both schools.

MrRugby37

Bob McCowan (2)
A few big names left out which I, and I'm sure many other people, am surprised about.
1. Sam Mete - strong runner and lightning quick, many people thought a shoe in for GPS 1st XV. To not make any side is a big disappointment for him.
2. Rory Davis - I would have said that he is the best halfback in the GPS, a great pass and very good at scooting around the ruck through lazy defence. Goes to show that to he selected into a GPS side, it's not selected on your ability but rather the ability of the side you're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.