• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRugby37

Bob McCowan (2)
please provide the country rep team Mr McCalman played and happy to include. I was just needing the 'evidence' along with any others!

Remember, this is a "country" team of origin and not a Newington country team of origin. Therefore we do not include boys where the closest farm they have got to is what the RAS put on each Easter or for the TKS lads having to drive to the doorstep of the 'country gate' just to get to school.
McCalman lives in a small town called Cummock which is 5 hours from Sydney. He's got a few thousand acres there. If that's not country then I don't know what is. He hasn't played for a country rep side during his secondary schooling as he's been at kings since he was 12.

I think the City v Country idea is a great one, and should he put forward to the rugby masters of each GPS school.

My pick for country would be similar to others..
1. Will Ridley (Forbes) ??
2. Jono Burke (Newcastle)
3. Matt Sandell (Mudgee) ?
4. Ned Hanigan (coonamble)
5. Ben Stacy (Armidale)
6. Jack McCalman (Cumnock)
7. Hamish Dunbar (Marrar)
8. Angus Crichton ??
9. Rory Davis (Wollongong)
10. Jack Clancy (Tumut)
11. ?
12. Corey Tulloch (Illawara) ??
13. Harvey Duncan/ Charlie Friend (Both Walgett)
14. Calum Styles ?? (Not sure if country)
15. James Kane (Illawara)

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
From what I've heard the following boys are in the Schoolboys team:
Newington - Vuni Fifita, Taane Milne, Tepai Morea and Lachlan Cannell
Joeys - Ned Hanigan, Matthew Sandell and Andrew Deegan
Riverview - Henry Hutchinson
Scots - Andrew Kellaway and Mitch Short
Kings - Jack McCallman

In Aus A
Newington - Joey Lussick, David Morris and Mesuilame Foliaki
Scots - Angus Crichton and Olly Kamp
Riverview - Hosea Fotokuva

Well done to all the boys picked, especially to Henry Hutchinson for making it from under 16s!

longdrop

Frank Row (1)
AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLS TEAM TO PLAY FIJI & NEW ZEALAND
Joshua Anderson, Oakhill College NSW 1
Lachlan Cannell, Newington College NSW 1
Andrew Deegan, St Joseph’s College NSW 1
Junior Fakaosilea, St Patrick’s College QLD 1
Vunipola Fifita, Newington College NSW 2
Ned Hanigan, St Joseph’s College NSW 2
Adrian Henley, St Peter’s Lutheran College QLD 1
Henry Hutchison, St Ignatius College NSW 2
Harry Jones, Barker College NSW 1
Andrew Kellaway, The Scots College NSW 1
Alex Mafi, St Joseph’s Nudgee College QLD 1
Jack McCalman, The Kings School NSW 1
Connal McInerney, Erindale College ACT
Taane Milne, Newington College NSW 1
Tepai Moeroa, Newington College NSW 1
Fereti Sa'aga, Thornbury High VIC
Matthew Sandell, St Joseph’s College NSW 1
Faaope Satui, Trinity Grammar NSW 1
Mitchell Short, The Scots College NSW 1
Moses Sorovi, St Peter’s Lutheran College QLD 1
Mitch Third, The Southport School QLD 1
Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco, Endeavour Sports High NSW 1
Brad Wilkin, Iona College QLD 1

Paul Geddes, Manager NSW
John Rownes, Asst Manager NSW
Stephen Phillpotts, Coach QLD
Tim Rapp, Asst Coach NSW
Dr Chris Thomas, Doctor QLD
William Maher, Physiotherapist ACT
Andy Clark, Technical Assistant ACT

AUSTRALIA A SCHOOLS TEAM TO PLAY FIJI & NEW ZEALAND
Carlin Anderson, Ipswich Grammar School QLD 2
Joel Brown, The Southport School QLD 2
Sam Clifton The Southport School QLD 1
Angus Crichton, The Scots College NSW 1
Tyson Davis, Barker College NSW 2
Adrian Delore, Whitebridge SHS, NSW CS
Hosea Fotukava, St Ignatius College NSW 1
Matt Gibbon, St Joseph’s Nudgee College QLD 2
Evander Guttenbeil, The Southport School QLD 1
Landon Hayes, Ipswich Grammar School QLD 1
Maclean Jones, St Joseph’s Nudgee College QLD 1
Liam Jurd, Toowoomba Grammar School QLD 2
Ollie Kamp, The Scots College, NSW CS
Nick Koutsoukis, Waverley College NSW 2
Joey Lussick, Newington College NSW 2
Doug MacMillan, Anglican Church Grammar QLD 2
Keith Morgan, St Edmunds College ACT
David Morris, Newington College NSW 2
Blake Phillips, Clarkson SHS WA
James Todd, Ipswich Grammar School QLD 1
Jason Tomane St Edmunds College ACT
Mesui Tufui, Newington College NSW 2
James Tuttle, St Joseph’s Nudgee College QLD 1

John Guy, Manager NSW
Michael Wallace, Coach QLD
Andrew Moloney, Asst Coach NSW
Tom Lombardo, Physiotherapist NSW

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
With the performance of the Wallabies last night, it would be fair to say we are we were when deans started. Seeing this list of boys in Aus and Aus A gives me great confidence that a lot of these boys will definitely be in the next generation of wallabies just as the likes of kurtley, turner, pocock, qaude, Genia, mcabe and others who all excelled into the wallabies at the same time.

Mrs Rugby

Bob McCowan (2)
With the performance of the Wallabies last night, it would be fair to say we are we were when deans started. Seeing this list of boys in Aus and Aus A gives me great confidence that a lot of these boys will definitely be in the next generation of wallabies just as the likes of kurtley, turner, pocock, qaude, Genia, mcabe and others who all excelled into the wallabies at the same time.

Talking to ex wallaby connected with NSW 1 he thinks Kellaway will be playing Waratahs next year!! Big wraps on the young man.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Talking to ex wallaby connected with NSW 1 he thinks Kellaway will be playing Waratahs next year!! Big wraps on the young man.

He was probably the player of the tournament last week. Some people bag him for not passing and dying with the ball but, with him that dominant on the run, I think he was entitled to risk matters in the times he failed.

And I recall a couple of times that he passed to Harry Jones for tries.

And vice versa: Jones doesn't waste too much ball through hogging.

I would try to get them both into into the EPS, as they will be, without doubt, of Super Rugby starting quality in a couple of years time. One would probably have to do that otherwise others will nab them.

And Jones has that rarest of qualities: being able to boot the ball to touch for a long way with both feet.

Both are goal kickers, with Harry doing the duty for NSW I last week.

There was not so much talent in the forwards of any Oz Schools team at the Oz Champs last week, unlike 2009 when you could nominate three each from the NSW and Qld teams who looked like certain Super players though one might not make it as he looked a bit small to me (Liam Gill).

Plus Hooper who missed the 2009 tournament because he needed a shoulder reconstruction.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
He was probably the player of the tournament last week. Some people bag him for not passing and dying with the ball but, with him that dominant on the run, I think he was entitled to risk matters in the times he failed.

And I recall a couple of times that he passed to Harry Jones for tries.

And vice versa: Jones doesn't waste too much ball through hogging.

I would try to get them both into into the EPS, as they will be, without doubt, of Super Rugby starting quality in a couple of years time. One would probably have to do that otherwise others will nab them.

And Jones has that rarest of qualities: being able to boot the ball to touch for a long way with both feet.

Both are goal kickers, with Harry doing the duty for NSW I last week.

There was not so much talent in the forwards of any Oz Schools team at the Oz Champs last week, unlike 2009 when you could nominate three each from the NSW and Qld teams who looked like certain Super players though one might not make it as he looked a bit small to me (Liam Gill).

Plus Hooper who missed the 2009 tournament because he needed a shoulder reconstruction.
Based on the 2 games I saw I think Kellaway is going to need to adapt very quickly in the passing aspect of his game if he is going to mix it in adult company at the level of which you speak. He's not all that big and he needs to build a game based around his pace and a pass because he's not going to be the strongest player at that level.

I think Jones is an extremely mature player and I have real belief in his future at that level.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
There is no doubt that Kellaway will have to get his passing game better to catch up with his running game. Even we who watched him two years ago could see that.

Maybe his playing flyhalf at Scots this year will have him a different player by the end of the season.

But right now I'm not going to bag him too much compared to Jones who was playing on the wing, and not in his usual fullback position, and passing inside like an old stager. Jones is one of my favourite schools players.

Kellaway created a few tries out of nothing last week but he won't be able to do that in senior rugby let alone pro rugby.

He'll have to evolve.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Gentlemen, just to ponder this but wouldn't it be good if we could see more GPS boys making it into the waratahs forward pack then eventually the wallabies! at the moment, the props for the Wallabies are woeful against the northern hemisphere and something needs to be done!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Kellaway weighed in at 86kgs last year and is probably closer to 90 now; according to his elder brother he's been in the gym a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.