• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
anyway on the issue of shore . their results against scots, by my tally, were 19 wins, 15 losses, and 2 draws . so probably just being too harsh
True, but Scots won 1st XV, all A matches and all B matches except 15s (Scots Glengarry year), Shore won 2nd XV and most of Cs down.

13A TSC 66 Shore 5, 13Bs TSC 41 Shore 7.
14A TSC 17 Shore 10, 14B TSC 33 Shore 21
15A TSC 25 Shore 23, 15B TSC 5 Shore 41 (half of age group at Glengarry)
16A TSC 41 Shore 10, 16B TSC 25 Shore 24

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can anyone attending tomorrow's Grammar match please give a reasonable recount?

Unfortunately I cannot attend; this damn newborn isn't paying for itself.

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Can anyone attending tomorrow's Grammar match please give a reasonable recount?

Unfortunately I cannot attend; this damn newborn isn't paying for itself.

My wifes on the way herself, not sure if looking forward to it hehe. She doesnt appreciate the time i spend on this forum. But its for the boys.

Wolf Out.

Gossip Girl

Bob McCowan (2)
Gossip Girl, your name is intriguing. Sometimes i wonder, are you really a girl? But i get butterfly's when i read the kisses and hugs you send around. So i hope you are. In response, i have also heard this, however Newington also has some giants within Volleyball, readying themselves for an assault on the rugby field. Would be keen to garner some names, if your so willing. My bet however is St Josephs to come back from obscurity, and take the title, with Riverview to take out the 2's, and Grammar to take out the 3's. Not that im against my New boys, but the percentage of year 12 in the ones is astronomical.

Wolf Out.
Boy, girl what does it matter? Point is I deliver the gossip and make predictions, and mine is the "view boys" will take out 2014,
You know you love me,
xoxo
Gossip Girl

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Screen Shot 2013-07-24 at 6.23.14 PM.png
Wanganui Collegiate School 35- SGS 14.
14-14 at half time.
SGS lost the toss and so had the dreaded uphill 2nd half made worse by a sou wester, by my assessment.
The visitors scored first from a dropped ball which was unfortunate but the Grammar boys stuck at it and retaliated through the piggies.
There seemed to be a lack of combination in the Grammar backs although there were some half breaks.
The Wanganui boys had very good passing skills which were only held in check by desperate but effective defence.
The visitors used the wind very well in the 2nd half and kept SGS pinned in their own 30. They were able to turn the pressure into possession and the possession into some points with some well worked switches, but they probably had enough ball to justify a few more tries through their backs. Again the Grammar scrambling defence deserves credit for forcing the Kiwis back into their pigs where there was a lack of accuracy in the Grammar clean out. I scored the Wanganui men the more physical of the 2 packs.
A game played in good spirit.
Wanganui hooker probably the pick for them and the Grammar 6, Gorry, played strongly, as usual.
(Apologies for the quality of the pic - taken with an iphone)

mushroom cup 150cc

Frank Row (1)
Have i gathered information from an inside man at the shore school and rumor has it that the players from the 1st XV will gradually swap with the players from the 2nd XV to take out the seconds comp

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
As opposed to spreading analysis and opinion whether based on fact or reading the chicken entrails.

These form a significant part of the wanging on that is a feature of Gaggerland.

Those who just post "did you hear about....", "I heard that ....." with little value add generally don't hang around for too long.

The troll detection defence shields are strong in this thread.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Have i gathered information from an inside man at the shore school and rumor has it that the players from the 1st XV will gradually swap with the players from the 2nd XV to take out the seconds comp
Well, their 2nds are 1 from 3 and 1sts and 3rds are winless, so that might be harder than it sounds.

See post #2441 above and the future doesn't look so rosy either. Couldn't even beat TSC 15As with half of the Scots A team at Glengarry.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting video ... Although it has nothing on that barker one . In my opinion .. Red army or something

Will be interesting match up of newington"s lussick and scots Mitchell short .... .... Although reason I would tip newington is their front row, assuming no injuries .... Earlier in year scots looked fragile in that area

Actually now that i think of it, interesting match ups right across the park

But definitely think newington firm favourites ... And tipping scots to get beat by a lot more than expected

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
Tips for the weekend -

Newington V Scots = Scots with the upset, looked very good last week and with Crichton most likely back i think they'll out run newington.

Riverview - Shore = No brainer the "view" boys will get up

Joeys - Kings = Joeys, they will be back firing from a loss against Newington, big win for them

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
Really excited to go watch the Newington v. Scots game this weekend, should be the best of the season.

I'm going with Scots in this one, and I think the match will be decided by the kickers; Scots by 2.

Edit: Thank you for the game reports, they are much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.