• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
Being the Newington supporter that i am, and following the 2nds competi? I only got the the Newington vs Scots game, and i know i've said this before, but that five-eighth for New desperately needs a chance in the ones. As good as Abrahams is in defence, this Anderson fellow is a remarkable tactician. During the game he kicked the ball off his non-dominant foot as accurately as ive seen anyone else in the competition kick off their good foot.
Wolf Out.

Mr Anderson is a tremendous player, I am not sure if you remember a particular try from this game. New were about 20 out and LA received slow ball and knew he was going to get absolutely smashed. He flicked the ball inside without looking to the #8 Mr Tim Unknown who came flying onto the ball. A wonderful try

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Typical bloody winger - always someone else's fault.
But seriously - you must be delighted that wingers are now treated as full citizens - not sure how, why or when that happened
{sarcasm emoticon}
only when they come off the sideline after chatting to the forwards girlfriends and get involved.
They would chat to their own girlfriends but they'd have to shout up into the stands where said girls are hiding under broad brimmed hats hoping that they can find a decent no.8 to chat to.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
only when they come off the sideline after chatting to the forwards girlfriends and get involved.
They would chat to their own girlfriends but they'd have to shout up into the stands where said girls are hiding under broad brimmed hats hoping that they can find a decent no.8 to chat to.

Obviously I wasn't a decent No 8

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
Shore 19 beat view 15 - atleast i think thats what the scores were, i know shore did win
Being the Newington supporter that i am, and following the 2nds competition as avidly as the big boys, how were the performances around Sydney? I only got the the Newington vs Scots game, and i know i've said this before, but that five-eighth for New desperately needs a chance in the ones. As good as Abrahams is in defence, this Anderson fellow is a remarkable tactician. During the game he kicked the ball off his non-dominant foot as accurately as ive seen anyone else in the competition kick off their good foot. Its a shame he's about the same size as an underfed 15 year old. He is a pest.

Wolf Out.
Agree Mr Wolf, he was the standout player in the twos and scored two very good tries. The round 4 results (and previous rounds) for 1sts to 3rds and competition tables have been posted on the AAGPS website.

footyking

Stan Wickham (3)
anybody have any views on the games between shore and newington this weekend, it will be a very good game in the 2nds i suspect, but i am worried about the 1sts result, it could go either way, as shore scared newington last year with their grit and determination and especially now desperate than ever to pick up their first win, or will newington come out and dominate coming of a loss to scots?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
please, Shore are winless and playing that way.
If there was betting I would be giving 20+ start.

Not sure if it's been said before, but is this Shore team young (i.e. lots of Year 11s)? Their 2nds are going ok, but 16s have struggled although they beat the struggling Riverview 16As last week.

16As seem a race in 2 with Scots and Joeys posting big wins each week.

Red October

Frank Row (1)
Having watched the TKS/Joeys game I was most impressed with the Joeys attack out wide, TKS we certainly left wanting in defence in the back 3. TKS dominated in the scrums but had a bit of difficulty in the line outs in H1, seemed to have rectified in H2, a game of 2 halves where Joeys got out to a to bigger lead in H1 and couldn't be pegged back by a gallant TKS in H2.

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
Mr Anderson is a tremendous player, I am not sure if you remember a particular try from this game. New were about 20 out and LA received slow ball and knew he was going to get absolutely smashed. He flicked the ball inside without looking to the #8 Mr Tim Unknown who came flying onto the ball. A wonderful try

Agree Mr Wolf, he was the standout player in the twos and scored two very good tries. The round 4 results (and previous rounds) for 1sts to 3rds and competition tables have been posted on the AAGPS website.

I remember that try Ted. He did some miraculous things in the space of a few tenths of a second. Could be one to watch out for in grade if he puts on some size. And Jassy, he caught my eye from when he played 1s last week. He was a real pest to the opposition, even with his lack of bicep and chest size. I have no idea how he managed to get that intercept, great positioning i assume. Ill have a geez at the other results later. Good chat, good hustle.

Wolf Out.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
this Anderson fellow is a remarkable tactician. During the game he kicked the ball off his non-dominant foot as accurately as ive seen anyone else in the competition kick off their good foot.

It's a rare skill, isn't it, even for a professional player.

I'll tell you another bloke who can hoof the ball a long way with the wrong foot (and doesn't seem to bother to move his body around so he can kick with the right one) and that's Harry Jones of Barker, who is in the Oz Schools Ones.

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
From those who regularly watch Newington's 2nds play, do you think the kid's going to be capable in defense? That game against Scots was the first time I've seen him play, and was justification enough that he has the attacking skill to be a 1sts player.

beserker

Herbert Moran (7)
can anyone confirm rumours of a young prop playing for grammar who seems destined for higher honours?

Nope but hope so. it should be a good game this week up against unbeaten TSC 3's who are coming off a bye and whose front row are working like a machine. TSC 3's taking their season as a premiership one with the new format.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It's a rare skill, isn't it, even for a professional player.

I'll tell you another bloke who can hoof the ball a long way with the wrong foot (and doesn't seem to bother to move his body around so he can kick with the right one) and that's Harry Jones of Barker, who is in the Oz Schools Ones.
Jones left foot kick is better than any player's non dominant foot I can recall.
It may be better than Dan Carter's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'd warrant that a few club and Super Rugby scouts have noticed that also about Jones.

He has a lot of other qualities that should be attractive at those levels: very good at positioning a support player, in particular on the inside; very unselfish; fast, and and a pretty handy goalkicker - though I have not kept track of his stats.
Pity this is off topic given he left TKS for BC - I can bring it back on topic by suggesting that he is either the equal of or not far behind Kellaway.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Pity this is off topic given he left TKS for BC - I can bring it back on topic by suggesting that he is either the equal of or not far behind Kellaway.

Agree, but the only thing we can be certain of is that the NSW selectors preferred Kellaway at fullback. Probably the Oz selectors will also.

One of the joys of watching schoolboy rugby is to consider which of the boys will progress in the sport when they leave school. It's hard to assess lads who play in certain positions – especially the tight-five spots – but wingers and fullbacks are easier.

I think that we will see a lot of these two lads in the future if they stay healthy, and also Queenslander Jonah Placid, who left school last year.

Placid, Kellaway and Jones were born within six months of each other (in that order) and I think that they will be a pleasure to watch for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.