• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Predictions for the weekend;

Shore V Kings - I hope Shore gets up for their first win of the season, Kings with injury's - this might be Shore's last chance this year... still think Kings might get on top - Kings by 7

Joeys V New - Blockbuster at Hunters Hill .. Joeys will be pumped at home its going to be a big assignment by the boys from hunters hill but im sure they have the heart to do it, New are a champion side and i cant go past them .... new by 8 in an absolute blockbuster

Scots V View - View will put up a spirited fight but the boys from Bellevue Hill will be too good - Scots by 18

Interesting to note here that if Joeys did beat New and Scots beat Riverview Scots would be assured of at least a joint premiership even if they lost to New and Joeys in final two rounds....
I think you have these results pretty well right. The only thing I would say is that it wouldn't surprise me if Newington won by a little more than you suggest.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Massive, massive, massive call. Sandell
is the complete package.
I was joking ... The kid can play .... And i have no idea what goes on, in the close encounters ... But I will say some of his fellow piggies showed poor body height against riverview and didn't get across the advantage line, at least not when they ran close to the ruck, and not like bowditch

Think riverview Fwds were bit unlucky in gps selections

Anyway joeys as far as I am concerned remains the benchmark, ( in terms of overall rugby programme) but I know that years last year when their soccer team won and xv didn't created massive rumblings

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Interesting you say that considering they now hold the Joeys vs. Riverview 1st XV game at 11:15 for what was a result of old boys and alcohol! haha
I went to the "early" game this year view... There was no problem at all. I think that one issue from some SIC old boys a couple of years ago blew things out of proportion. I was not there to see it, but the recent game between these schools was perfect conduct from all and great banter...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I was joking . The kid can play .. And i have no idea what goes on, in the close encounters . But I will say some of his fellow piggies showed poor body height against riverview and didn't get across the advantage line

I thought it was a joke but wasn't 100% sure. Sandell stands out from the others because of the reason in your criticism of the "fellow piggies". It's why he has been chosen for the Oz Schools Ones side for the second year.

People criticise the Joeys Ones for using forwards who could (mostly) all play in the back row and don't have enough guys who can bend the line, but there is not a lot of power runners in the lower XVs.

Last year Joeys had two Oz Schools Ones props and they could smash through tacklers - but not this year. Lacking that type of player to help Sandell also impacts on making dominant tackles.

up&under

Frank Nicholson (4)
Does anyone have a read on the TAS Ones? I've seen their results but yet to see them play in real life. I imagine they have a few handy players in their lineup.

U

Unders Line

I would just like to notify my followers over my change of display picture

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Does anyone have a read on the TAS Ones? I've seen their results but yet to see them play in real life. I imagine they have a few handy players in their lineup.

At their best, the forwards play a solid game capable of blocking a line attack from the best team. Some of the backs are very fast, with two mid distance GPS athletics runners, one a GPS first. Let them get going and they will run through most sides. However, they seem more brittle in defence.

With TAS, it seems how they play on the day. They have flashes of brilliance, moments of stupidity. I have watched them play a number of times, but still have no idea what to expect!

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)

They have a large hooker who seems to be hard tackle but he is also slow around the ground.

Henry Hawk

Frank Row (1)
Riverview would be liking their chances of an upset against scots . So think this has to be match of the round. I don't know how riverview fared so badly in first scots encounter . But I like the look of the view forwards.

Unlike joeys who have again picked a team of break aways, riverview looks more like a motley crew, that might go alright in a bar room brawl, as opposed to doing a good city-to-surf time

Think it is the big 2nd rower, bowditch that has always been good to punch holes and the hooker is much the same

And must say that impressed with quality of riverview coaching across the board.

What has happened to joeys in terms of old school props . .? Someone like a nick ghattas . Short, fat, smart and cunning . Yes Sandell is sexy ..my daughter would no doubt love him.. But too much show pony and not enough mongrel, niggle

Shame about crichton, and his neck .. Although he is another one that hasn't got the venom, that certainly his old man had .he was always up for a stink, even if he sometimes came off second best (so my grammar mates tell me)

Then again this red card policy, has made it hard to do much more than get into a push and shove fest

It's hand bags at 10 paces . There have some been some laughable moments

Anyways, for all the reminiscing of piggies bleeding like the good old days, i still think kellaway will be difference

Scots by a lot less that 1st round
Im thinkin the Iggies boys will take the Harlem Globe Trotters down this weekend.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
He was the number 12 for sydney at the under 16 nationals last year played well.
Yes Kendrick, young Hayson has played many positions and wearing various numbers in 2012. What is remarkable this year is his transformation from an outside back to the piggies. Apart from Pocock another notable transition is my namesake! Jack's BIO for last year reads:
SJRU City v Country - #21
NSW State Champs (Norths) - #15
Aust U16s Champs - #12

DaveyPocock #legend

Stan Wickham (3)
Yes Kendrick, young Hayson has played many positions and wearing various numbers in 2012. What is remarkable this year is his transformation from an outside back to the piggies. Apart from Pocock another notable transition is my namesake! Jack's BIO for last year reads:
SJRU City v Country - #21
NSW State Champs (Norths) - #15
Aust U16s Champs - #12

he has certainly been a great addition to the riverview forward pack this year, his fitness is second to none as well as his tackle count

Status
Not open for further replies.