• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Thanks Lee and Jasdec for match reports

I agree - well done to those who have gone to the trouble to record their impressions of the matches!

LG - a comment ( not a criticism! ) - seems all the players mentioned for kudos from New ( except Sepesa ) are the Oz Schoolboys.

While I'm sure they were all worthy, I am surprised that Lachie Anderson and Stuey Mill did not rate a mention!

Seriously, with Cannell out and Vassilis moving from lock to #8, Morris and Mill dominated the breakdown!

Anderson has added spark to the New backline and gives Abrahams that split second more time to dictate with his kick/run/pass game.

Cheers, Wreckless :)

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Good to see the quality of this thread go so rapidly south...don' t listen to the crap guys just keep it up.

I am just getting bored with the constant carping and whining about Scots and New and whatever it is that everyone wants to take a "pot shot" at!

Get over it! Take it to the other thread and let those who are interested in talking about the footy hold sway!

From my personal point of view and experience - there is plenty of school spirit at Newington, and I will be one of the 20 supporters at Bellevue Hill on Saturday!

Looking forward to a rowdy and rambunctious crowd - especially from the "peanut gallery" with the mobile eskies outside the fence at the southern end! That is GOLD!

If it is true that Steve Walsh will ref the game then that is great and no less than these two teams deserve.

Wreckless :cool:

Jaghond

Ted Fahey (11)
"Most did not because they are either in the middle of yr11 exams or HSC trials and could not afford the extra 2-3 hours attending both games. A couple just do not want to play 4ths, but most it was a case of studying taking a priority."

Sorry Ted S
A pretty poor excuse - all of the other schools have boys doing either Yr 11 exams - or HSC trials, and it hasn't stopped them putting their players & teams on the paddock. I don't believe that the extra hour or 2 would have affected their studies that much - having been through the HSC a number of times now & witnessing Gen Y study techniques first hand.....and perhaps they could have stayed in and studied a bit longer on Saturday night ?

Not a good look, whichever way you analyse it, I'm afraid.

And yes, according to the referee appointments for this weekend, Mr Walsh looks to have been appointed to officiate at Bellevue Hill.

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
Thanks Lee and Jasdec for match reports . great pics too

although Jasdec no mention of Fotukava . you must have been a back, to not appreciate his skills :)

Picked me in one SDW, actually a 7 however that is where old backs go to retire.
I also reviewed the photos and would agree that Fotukava? and Kelly scrummed very well with Scots being bent out of shape on a number of ocassions. As to why? I can only surmise on the ability of the practitioners of the dark arts, and maybe two giant second rowers.
It also came to my attention just how many times (6) Hayson was in the frame, especially in defense. Excellent effort.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
So it was forfeited now was it!!? And all these injuries & suspensions occurred just before kick off did they? My sources say the relevant New authority was dismissive at best!! Arrogance at its worst.
I don't think having a dig at the boys in the 4ths is necessary

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
I am sorry NewMacca. It IS NECESSARY. Mr Rapp is 100% accountable for Newington College's Schoolboy Rugby. He reports in to Dr Mulford. These are KPI's that are a must. If you do not know where your pupils are?

I'm saying don't have a dig at the boys in the 4ths, if you have a complaint take it to the powers in charge, do not take it out on the boys.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
You have actually got me fairly disturbed about your laissez faire attitude. These young charges are in the control of the school. Agreed?
Why are they not fulfilling THEIR duties to THEIR school?
The Gen Y attitude that you display leaves me, sadly wanting. These young men in past days showed pride all the way through to the H's.
where have you changed the path NewMacca?

I am talking about the boys, including a close friend, who did turn up to the game and were thoroughly disappointed when there "mates" did not turn up. I for one had more pride than most in my year when I attended the school. However when you blame the boys who did turn up (who I am not sure if you were and I'm sorry for going on the attack if that is not what you meant) I find this a little insulting to them, especially when they did come in the middle of an exam period, only to be let down.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
That Joeys parent had driven 8 hours to see his son play in what he expected to be a proper game and I also don't remember him ever abusing a Newington player.

Well he did abuse some staff members though I cannot confirm on anything about players.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
Martin Luther?

New staff should have had a bit of an inkling that numbers would have been a little thin for Saturday, and "prepped" the Joeys opponents that a shortened version of the game could be on.

I can tell you that some players were injured and did not notify staff or were sick on the morning of the game.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
I agree - well done to those who have gone to the trouble to record their impressions of the matches!

LG - a comment ( not a criticism! ) - seems all the players mentioned for kudos from New ( except Sepesa ) are the Oz Schoolboys.

While I'm sure they were all worthy, I am surprised that Lachie Anderson and Stuey Mill did not rate a mention!

Seriously, with Cannell out and Vassilis moving from lock to #8, Morris and Mill dominated the breakdown!

Anderson has added spark to the New backline and gives Abrahams that split second more time to dictate with his kick/run/pass game.

Cheers, Wreckless :)

Do you know when Cannell will return.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I am just getting bored with the constant carping and whining about Scots and New and whatever it is that everyone wants to take a "pot shot" at!

Get over it! Take it to the other thread and let those who are interested in talking about the footy hold sway!

Wreckless :cool:

But Wreckless, what about people like me, who don't want to carp and whine about Scots and Newington, yet still feel like they're looking at a broken competition?

There's a tendency in this forum for people to say that recruitment (and I think we can agree that Newington recruits) is bad, ipso facto. I don't think that. What I think is that if schools want to build super-teams, great. Let them do it. But then let them play against schools that feel the same way. Where there's no level playing field, there's no real satisfaction for anyone. What would be ideal is a competition where schools play against other schools with the same approach and aspirations. We don't have that now.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
But Wreckless, what about people like me, who don't want to carp and whine about Scots and Newington, yet still feel like they're looking at a broken competition?

Point taken!

Just get the mods to start a "HATE" thread ( maybe one for each school? ) so all those that feel so inclined can give vent on whatever and whoever they like as much as they like and leave us to discuss the rugby! ( which includes the comments you make Snort as there appears to be no vindictive edge to your comments! ).:)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Back to the rugby:

3rd XV results from last weekend:
Shore 29 d NC 5
SJC 24 d TSC 19
TAS 24 d TKS 15
SIC 12 d SGS 10

Top 4
SJC & TSC 12pts
TAS 11pts
TKS 10pts