• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
The 5ths were asked by the school to show up and most did not. Most did not because they are either in the middle of yr11 exams or HSC trials and could not afford the extra 2-3 hours attending both games. A couple just do not want to play 4ths, but most it was a case of studying taking a priority.
The school has somewhat let down the u17s age group since year 7 and that needs to be addressed.

And I do have a Gen 'y' Attitude to all this but in all honestly, if you are in the middle of your exams (Prelims/Trials) and have to go to Joeys and get smashed by 50+ points, be battered and bruised by a team that was always going to win.

Then what argument does anybody have to say that it was the students that turned up or the MIC of Rugby at Newington's fault. My mate (whose son plays in the 3rds) told me that no Newington boy in the 4th XV had any pre-warning about Joeys "family" day being on. It was upsetting to know that only 10 or 11 boys showed up. But to blame the MIC of Rugby or the boys who showed up is a disgrace. Mr. Rapp is a very well respected man in the Newington Rugby Program and seeing blokes dismantle his job as MIC on a match that was going to be a mismatch on the scoreboard....... why does everybody complain about the mismatch of players?

If it only it rained!

the game was still played. Boys got tackled and got back up. Let's move on.

Greg Robinson

Bob McCowan (2)
I am just getting bored with the constant carping and whining about Scots and New and whatever it is that everyone wants to take a "pot shot" at!

Get over it! Take it to the other thread and let those who are interested in talking about the footy hold sway!

Wreckless :cool:

Agreed. I wish we could all get along like we used in middle school, i wish i could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy...:)

Henry Hawk

Frank Row (1)
Are there any more than a baker's dozen of people that place comments on this forum? All I ever see are the same old icons of the same old people bleating about this that and the other or how well Freddy's mate's cousin's son's best friend did in the 14As. If its not that it is people remonstrating and telling others how naughty they are for telling the truth about certain programs. All puerile.

Each to their own I guess, but who really gives a flying truck about a forfeited 4th grade game? Sure the boys who were in the teams do but to dribble on about the whys and wherefores is pathetic.

Part of me reckons that GPS Rugby should be "seen but not heard', but hey I guess I don't have to read the piffle. What I do want to read about is results.

BTW from looking at the photos there looked like bugger all people at the Newington v St Joseph's game.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
For some time, I have advocated a complete overhaul of private school Rugby so that schools are matched according to their Rugby aspirations and not historical associations. At the same time, I know this will never happen (because centuries of tradition demand that Grammar play against the Shore Thirds, while Scots put 80 points on the Shore Firsts). Still. It seems to me that you have two schools who have approached their Rugby by deliberately inducing good players to attend (I don't accuse anyone of offering scholarships - I don't know how it's done and I'm happy for you debate it in that other thread). So you have two powerhouse teams who thump everyone else. Well, OK. But everyone I have spoken to about it says that Newington plays its games in front of next-to-nobody - so who is this for? On the other hand, Shore is a school with a long, proud and distinguished Rugby history - it has lost all eight games this year. King's, one of the great nurseries of Australian Rugby, is one from eight. And Joey's, the great nursery of Australian Rugby, leaked 54 points on the weekend. ?

King's actually 2 from 8.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
I'm saying don't have a dig at the boys in the 4ths, if you have a complaint take it to the powers in charge, do not take it out on the boys.
Dear Newmacca

Please reread my message and it is never aimed at a lad, but MIC of Rugby/ Mr Rapp. Whilst these guys in 4's are older, does the school have NFI what they are up to? And please use spell check

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
the 16As at shore are in a shamble, watched them on Saturday and they were a mess, the kings boys ran all over them including a standout performance by big Cameron King (powerhouse) they ended up loosing by more than 40 points, but a good game on the field over in the 15As with the shore lads winning 17-0 which i heard is rare in the Shore 15As

this 16As result is a worry considering they have no players in the opens and the future at shore next year in the 1st-2nds is a worry with this quality of players coming through
I believe Kings has a very strong 16a team this year? Not a good outlook for Shore with the firsts unlikely to win a game this year at all, despite being close many times, hope we are not looking at another team / school on the edge ...... the GPS comp needs a strong Shore side in the top division for everyones sakes.....

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
For those who are interested - Steve Walsh has been appointed to referee the 1st XV match between Scots and Newington this weekend
Can you tell us what sort of game he runs? does he blow the pee out of the whistle ? or let it run???

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Can you tell us what sort of game he runs? does he blow the pee out of the whistle ? or let it run???
Young Westlake says he communicates so well with all the players... Reckons he is the best ref he has ever had. Tries to let the game flow as much as possible with good chat with the lads but won't put up with language either. He realises that there are mums and nans at the game

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
Young Westlake says he communicates so well with all the players. Reckons he is the best ref he has ever had. Tries to let the game flow as much as possible with good chat with the lads but won't put up with language either. He realises that there are mums and nans at the game
Great lets hope for a free flowing game on saturday, interesting to hear the predictions.......... GPSrow smems to have the form........ please post early this week i need to get my bets off to Tom Waterhouse...........

Rob hart

Ted Thorn (20)
I will put mine up first for scrunity;

Kings V Joeys : A strong Joeys side will win this by 20+ but it could be allot more.......
Riverview V Shore : I would love to see Shore win a game but against View there is no chance, the View side will be favourites next year with so many back .......... View by 30 +

Scots V New : Well this looms as a much bigger round that than when they first met....... where do we start? New so strong over a great Joeys side...... Scots narrow (and very lucky win) against Joeys ......... harder to pick then a broken nose........ it KILLS me to say this ........ but I think New must be favourites to draw comp.......... can't put a score line on it, if Scots loose we still need to beat Joeys in final round ........... best guess....... Scots by 3 on the back of huge support at home ground and not much support for new........would not bet either way going to be a blockbuster...........

Scandinavian Hunter

Frank Row (1)
Long time reader 1st time post'er in regards to this weekends fixture

the scots vs new game this week will prove to be the schoolboy game of the season (battle of the bursaries, hehe) , with new coming off a few strong wins up against an undefeated scots team, im expecting a massive turnout at bellevue hill with majority being old boys. Cant predict a score or outcome as this one might come down to the wire.

Scots have the home ground advantage with thousands barracking for them

New have Captain of Rugby and Australian schoolboy Lachlan Cannell returning from a week or two off the park which will strengthen the new pack

time for the boys to step up

anyone have any team lists for the weekends?

hunter out.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
Dear Newmacca

Please reread my message and it is never aimed at a lad, but MIC of Rugby/ Mr Rapp. Whilst these guys in 4's are older, does the school have NFI what they are up to? And please use spell check

I am sorry for this as I believed you were aiming at the boys. Also the boys are currently on exams which means they are not at school for most of the week. This also brings forth training restrictions and I know that the 4ths did not have a training session last week so no team lists were given. On your last point, a great and well respected teacher once told me that as soon as the opposition strays away from the argument itself and moves towards nit-picking or insults, the argument is over and you have won. Therefore I count myself as the victor. Thank you, NM

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
I am going to put out my predictions for this weekend.

Kings vs Joeys: I think we could have an upset here, a Kings side coming off the back of a win with their backs, particularly the 15, coming together quite well, whilst Joeys are coming off a heavy loss against New when at half time it looked towards a close game. However Deegan was back and in-form against New and could sway it his way. Joeys by <5

Iggies vs Shore: Shore look to be down and out. Iggies with a chance to rap up third place with a team coming off a narrow loss to Scots and a big win against Joeys. Iggies by >20

Scots vs New: Wow, could this be any better written. Scots could wrap up the premiership whilst Newington can all but secure a second successive premiership. Scots have struggled to get straight into games against Joeys and Iggies in the past but have finished strongly and, even when not at their best, can still pull of resilient wins. New will be buoyed by the return of their inspirational captain Cannell and have played some great rugby with their whole backline in form, especially the back three who combine have scored plus of 10 tries in the last three weeks, Sepesa grabbing a great double last week. As the stats-man I feel I have to mention the big stat coming into this game: Newington have not lost at Bellevue Hill since 2006. Hopefully a bigger crowd than usual will pack into the stand to push on for a New win. New by <3 in a tight one.

DaveyPocock #legend

Stan Wickham (3)
Long time reader 1st time post'er in regards to this weekends fixture

the scots vs new game this week will prove to be the schoolboy game of the season (battle of the bursaries, hehe) , with new coming off a few strong wins up against an undefeated scots team, im expecting a massive turnout at bellevue hill with majority being old boys. Cant predict a score or outcome as this one might come down to the wire.

Please do not ruin the possibility of a great match up by re igniting the scholarships, there is another forum for that.
Your review otherwise looks good

anonymous_

Frank Nicholson (4)
Do yourself a favour at BH and check out the 13As game, New are undefeated but it was close with Scots in the first round. New have Mark Bell and David Wilsons (5/8) sons playing Scots have a tall strong inside centre. Also check out the New fullback James Roach he is the national 100m champion big and strong one to watch for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.