• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
There was a question earlier about Fiji school boys vs NSW Country schools rugby listed for TAS on 23 September. TAS advises that the game is definitely on; the time still has to be confirmed.

I am looking forward to the TAS Scots games this weekend. The program follows.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-prn1/993384_434609463321035_767722218_n.jpg

Are these all of TAS' teams or do some not travel?

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Are these all of TAS' teams or do some not travel?

Not sure whether these are all the TAS teams, New Macca. If you are interested, I will try to find out. TAS is a smaller school, around 850 boys I think, and also plays a lot of sports, so I don't know how many grades there are at any age level in Rugby. This year there has been a noticeable gradient between the A age teams who win against the Sydney Cs and the results of the Bs.

You can get an indication of the importance that TAS, the boys and parents place upon GPS rugby by the fact that TAS, will I think, play five Sydney rounds this year. Re a recent discussion, participation includes the day boys who make up about 60% of the boys. In fairness, even most of the day boys live close to the school. That makes a lot of things easier.

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Do you mean the fullback roach looked up the GPS athletics he won 13s in 12.09 believe he would have qualified for the under 12s if they had one.
My ponit was that if their fullback Roach is National Champion/GPS Champion for his age group, the winger must be pretty bloody quick!

anonymous_

Frank Nicholson (4)
Good point i think they started him on the wing put he was not getting enough ball he goes well in traffic too. Just found out the 13 s games is on at Easts oval at 12pm should be a cracker. James Roach is not related to Hugh but his fathers name is Steven ( but not blocker)

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
Not sure whether these are all the TAS teams, New Macca. If you are interested, I will try to find out. TAS is a smaller school, around 850 boys I think, and also plays a lot of sports, so I don't know how many grades there are at any age level in Rugby. This year there has been a noticeable gradient between the A age teams who win against the Sydney Cs and the results of the Bs.

You can get an indication of the importance that TAS, the boys and parents place upon GPS rugby by the fact that TAS, will I think, play five Sydney rounds this year. Re a recent discussion, participation includes the day boys who make up about 60% of the boys. In fairness, even most of the day boys live close to the school. That makes a lot of things easier.

That is a heavy commitment and its good they come down and get some wins, good luck to all for games against Scots this weekend

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
deleted drivel

It really pisses me off when people think can just such insensitive things like that.

If any of these "Islanders" would be making the Wallabies, no one would bat an eyelid.

I'm pretty sure all teams in the 1sts comp apart from Kings and Shore (funnily both at the bottom of the ladder) have an Islander/s in their teams.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It's completely inappropriate for anyone to make any snide comments relating to someone's race in this or any other thread. Let's drop it now.
I dont think they need to be snide to be inappropriate - GPSrow's are really no better.
There are good players and bad player from all ethnic backgrounds.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
wow ... talk about boxing at shadows

just for the record, I wasn't making snide comments

and not sure that the scots old boy comment I quoted, is offensive

I think some people on these forums, just seek out conflict

anyway just for the record .... or to feed GPSrow's desire for attention

.... I have played with and against "pacific islanders"

and while you can't generalise, they are invariably beautiful people, and on many levels .... and always enjoyed having them as team mates, and more recently as fellow coaches

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
wow . talk about boxing at shadows

just for the record, I wasn't making snide comments

and not sure that the scots old boy comment I quoted, is offensive

I think some people on these forums, just seek out conflict

anyway just for the record .. or to feed GPSrow's desire for attention

.. I have played with and against "pacific islanders"

and while you can't generalise, they are invariably beautiful people, and on many levels .. and always enjoyed having them as team mates, and more recently as fellow coaches

I think you've learnt your lesson. I'll leave it there but ill choose my words carefully next time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.