• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickety knees

Peter Burge (5)
I never said that Scots should not be congratulated just when!

Dont think it matters really, when other comps with similar no finals structure mathematically claim the crown they are congratulated.

Congrats to Scots, is it just me or they dont seem to have been at their devastating best since the newington win in the first round perhaps due to the intense media interest surrounding that win. Still they will not want to drop next weeks game to give view an equal share of the spoils.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Congrats to Scots, is it just me or they dont seem to have been at their devastating best since the newington win in the first round perhaps due to the intense media interest surrounding that win. Still they will not want to drop next weeks game to give view an equal share of the spoils.
Don't think it has anything to do with the media interest. Joeys are always tough at home, they won well against Kings and they have been playing in the slops the last two weeks. The rain the past two weeks is a great leveller.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Dont think it matters really, when other comps with similar no finals structure mathematically claim the crown they are congratulated.

Riverview have lost twice this year already. There won't be any joint premiers.

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Rubbish, especially the way View were talked up at the beginning of the year. Scots have earnt this and should be congratulated.
Congratulations to Scots from this Newington parent

I see several scribes have had a go at me
I guess I am just old school having learn t my ways under the stewardship of B.H.Travers. I still remember the days when the game was more important than the players (that ended when it became professional)!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I see several scribes have had a go at me
I guess I am just old school having learn t my ways under the stewardship of B.H.Travers. I still remember the days when the game was more important than the players (that ended when it became professional)!

JIka never would have approved of allowing people onto the hallowed turf to watch the game

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
As a View supporter it was painful to watch the team lose at the death today. Shore returned the favour today from View's last gasp win in the 1st round that must've been a bitter pill for their supporters to swallow. That narrow loss does seem to have springboarded Shore to greater belief and they have deservedly had a much better season than even most of their ardent supporters might've expected.

Shore's final 4 results are likely to read: draw (Joeys), loss (very narrowly to Scots), win (View) & win (Kings).

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Prediction for next week:

With the title won and the pressure off, Scots will cut loose next week and could run up a big score against Riverview.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The final round: (home team first)

Joeys v Newington
Scots v Riverview
Kings v Shore

3rds

Joeys v Newington
Scots v Riverview
King v Shore
High v Grammar

I wouldn't like to be trying to find a parking spot at Bellevue Hill on Saturday, biggest crowd there for a long time I'd imagine.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Will @Inside Shoulder be there with the Mr Whippy van again?

Local residents charging for parking in driveways.

No, I believe I have an appointment to see Mr Turnbull christen the new score board at McKay Oval.
David Knox seen at Shore yesterday doing some homework on the Grammar 1sts so they're obviously planning some trouble for SGS.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Jim, around my era (I was Kings '87 as my moniker suggests) TAS were very strong..I don't think they played in a structured competition though unfortunately and just played against whoever would avail themselves so at least now they are part of the GPS proper..

we played them in a trial game and beat them but they had a team which would have given any of the GPS 1sts a run for their money..their front row was particularly strong, all 3 of them had and still do the build of what you want for a front rower and they all played 1st grade colts in Sydney the next year..one flanker played for the Australian U17s the year before and their outside centre ended up being 13 for NSW Country a couple of years later..that's just to mention a few of the players..and that team was flanked by a couple of future Wallabies in Richard Tombs a couple of years earlier and Sam Payne a couple of years later..

I remember in 1989 when I was at uni up there one weekday afternoon going to watch a game between TAS and Ashgrove..Payne was the TAS halfback and Eales was the Ashgrove lock..standing room only..

Sorry for my slow response, KOB 1987. TAS wasn't in the comp then. 1987. Sigh. That was the year I moved back to Armidale for a period and eldest was born :). I only have two girls; eldest is my Rugby watching partner. She even paid for us to go to NZ to watch a World Cup match!:)

TAS has had some very good teams, but it varies because of the school's smaller numbers. Back in 2007, I recorded my reactions to my visit to watch TAS play Shore after a long gap. I was surprised to find TAS playing lower level teams. This is the post - http://belshaw.blogspot.com.au/2007/06/very-sporting-day-interesting-but-also.html

I would love to see TAS test themselves against higher teams, but I think that the school made a wise decision (to the degree that it was its decision) to stay in the thirds. The 2007 post shows my first reaction to the modern GPS game, including injury risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.