• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I posted it because a few forum-ers had asked me not long ago to do so when I had the opportunity. I deleted it once I knew that those forum-ers had seen the post and obtained the information they needed.

I don't believe the matter will in anyway compromise Riverview's ability to win this Saturday, though I'm sure this leak could present itself as a good excuse if they lose!

I will repost it closer to the game, BUT for those who are so obsessed with maintaing the illusion of secrecy vis-a-vis the Riverview side, I suggest you: a. Delete your posts that directly quote my post (and therefore give the side away) and/or b. Stop posting about certain individuals i.e. Reneker, Minke (spelling?), etc. because surely specific comments about the gameplay of individuals gives away more about Riverview's ability than posting the names of students themselves.

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
See from the results above there is a big % of Catholics on here. View strong side but unbackable favourites what are you guys smokin?

Also Newington will certainly win more than they lose, sorry for the old boys still dwelling in the past - Newington aint going away.

I would agree about Riverview.
Lets see what the team harmony is like!
There have been teams in the past(Kings recently) That have been favorites but have never jelled as a team. As they say "a champion team...... and so on"

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Or is @Aka_the_think playing mind games with the other schools, (and his own mates) by posting a false team??
<Cue X Files theme music>

I think you may find that Papahatzis (and the rest of the coaching team) from Augies didn't come down in the last rain shower.

The View and Augies boys all know each other through various rep teams, and Gold squads, and facebook. Neither group will be surprised come Saturday.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Cut the crap fellas; focus on the footy.

Joeys vs Oakhill at Joeys - I predict Joeys due to bias, that they are playing at Catholic HQ and that I have seen the team list and have eaten the evidence as instructed.
Riverview vs Auggies - I go with Auggies purely based on lack of trials with key players for Riverview due to Athletics. If the two key Auggies players are out, makes it interesting.
Scots and TSS - Scots to win
Newington? - don't know who they are playing but trial form to date has been poor - can two/three/four athletes really make the difference?
Kings - anyone know who they are playing? Can't be bothered looking at school website.
Shore- anyone know who they are playing?

john williamson

Frank Nicholson (4)
Kings - anyone know who they are playing? Can't be bothered looking at school website.

Kings are up against Stannies and according to the Shore fixtures, they will not be playing a game and will be having a training session instead. Correct me if I'm wrong in regards to the shore fixtures.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)

Joeys vs Oakhill at Joeys - I predict Joeys due to bias, that they are playing at Catholic HQ and that I have seen the team list and have eaten the evidence as instructed.
Riverview vs Auggies - I go with Auggies purely based on lack of trials with key players for Riverview due to Athletics. If the two key Auggies players are out, makes it interesting.
Newington? - don't know who they are playing but trial form to date has been poor - can two/three/four athletes really make the difference?
Refreshing to hear a Joeys mum admit there is bias when playing at Joeys. Thankyou

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

S

spirit of cupertino

It's not the names in the View team, it's the positions that are startling. Is this a team that is looking for answers in a hurry or what? That's the trouble with hype of course, you can pull hype from a hat, but positions should never be and now everything looks to be in dissaray. To be honest it might be a blessing in disguise for this list to be leaked. Now, if only they will listen.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I hesitate to raise such lowly considerations, but spot if you can the illogicality in this arrangement:
Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 7.01.56 pm.png

NC3 = Newington College 3rds
SPC 3 = St Patricks 3rds.

S

spirit of cupertino

Apart from a typo, the only illogicality is that you haven't given us your tips which we await.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Shore are playing High I believe, Kings against Stannies, NC have a mish mash of internal trials and random fixtures through the age groups, Grammar v St Pats.

EDIT: High are playing Pius in rugby and Shore in soccer, so Shore may have no rugby this week. (strange but true)

The relentless advance of soccer continues.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I hesitate to raise such lowly considerations, but spot if you can the illogicality in this arrangement:
View attachment 4746
NC3 = Newington College 3rds
SPC 3 = St Patricks 3rds.

One assumes that Grammar have organised the trial against St Pats and NC have no organised trial but are just filling in gaps at Weigall and elsewhere.

It's certainly illogical from the NC 3s v SGS 3s perspective, but the SGS 1 v SPC 1 makes sense.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
GPS 1st's, really isn't that far away and I’m very interested as too what the selectors will be looking for in a forward pack.

1. Jack Bowditch (Riverview) would have had Vunipola Teaupa-Fifita (Newington) there but rumours are he’s injured but if he is fit then I’d slide Bowditch into second row
2. Evan Pritchard (Riverview) (left out Matt Serhon, because i believe the selectors last year picked a shocker and he was found out to be way out of his depth in the GPS Vs CAS game, i think there are better options than him)
3. Hosea Futukava (Riverview)
4. Koim Wingti (Joeys)
5. Toby Rudolph (Scots)
6. Jack Hayson (Riverview) anyone who watched last years Riverview’s 1st XV would of seen the workload this fella gets done in 70 minutes, making him be the recipient of the Player's Player award in 2013 for the view side, I hope the selectors reward him this year, if he plays like he did last year. /Jum Woodhill (Shore)
7. George Lehman (Kings)
8. Angus Crichton (Scots)
9. Harry Emery (Shore)
10. Connor O’shea (Joeys)/ Jack McGregor (Riverview)
11. Simon Kennewell (Newington)
12. James Kane (Kings)/ William McDonnell (Joeys)
13. Henry Hutchison (Riverview)
14. Guy Porter (Scots)
15. Bill Freeman (Riverview)

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)

Joeys vs Oakhill at Joeys - I predict Joeys .... I have seen the team list and have eaten the evidence as instructed.
classic! Comments like that keep me reading blogs ... Very Funny. Of course from a joeys supporter ...

Seriously doubt coaches, least of all the esteemed pappa would bother scoping out any forum ...all this state secret stuff with schools locking down info... Annoying I reckon ... Although partly get the issues

Half the time, people are just trying to get a fixture time

Also just interested in names, as might know the dad, might be younger brother or related to former great ... It's just the form guide ... And the other thing is hard to get a programme on game day

Would be great if on the central aagps website they had tables across all a teams ... See how say the amazing newington 13as (2013)are progressing

Anyway I will now be eating my sons team list too .... As part of my pre match routine ;)

blastblastbronco

Frank Nicholson (4)
does anyone have any tips for the grammar-pats game? I know it was a match won by pats last year, but does anyone have any information regarding their form this year?

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Refreshing to hear a Joeys mum admit there is bias when playing at Joeys. Thankyou

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

You wag 10to12!

1. Personal bias confirmed and proudly acknowledged - if you can't support your boys who can you support;
  2. Home ground advantage is a team's natural advantage so bias there also conceded; and
  3. Any other bias is a figment of the losing side's imagination!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It might have very little impact on the game, however in my opinion it is a bit disrespectful to the boys, coaching staff etc. who would wish this information remain a secret. It's a matter of principle. It'd be interesting to see how the boys at Riverview react to aka's post. socks out for the boys?
Please,tell me how it is possibly disrespectful to advise people,which kids might play in a Schoolboy trial?
Or do you feel duped,in lining up at the tuckshop on behalf of the wrong people?

anonymous_

Frank Nicholson (4)
Mate you got off lightly without being carded for Post #1 but making assumptions and raising religion is probably not the best idea you've ever had.

I really dont need or want your advice - I certainly will respect the moderators and take their advice - I have already admitted I made the mistake of replying without reading forwarded on my original post.

I really dont see what it has to do with you anyway.

Now for the weekend some Newington teams are playing St Pats and some have internal trials - not sure what we will learn from that, the real test as to where they are at will be when they play Joey's the following week.

If any of you get the chance check out this kid Tyrone Taukamo in the Newington 16s he is 95kgs and runs the 100 in 12.3. He is not allowed to play opens yet as he is only 15 this year. I spoke to his dad Billy and he said he has not touched a weight yet.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
When you are the new kid on the block its best not to shout too loud mate...some friendly advice. Your last comment show's your newness. Just trying to help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom