• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Good point, Westlake. It is the money the clubs won't be paying, because the ARU can't afford a 2-bit lawyer to challenge anyone else who wants to take the lead. I am sure that if we approached Toyota and GMH directly, without the likes of the ARU sniffing arround we could get enough readdies to bring in some teams from Galargenbone to Mangrove Mountain to put on some decent trial games for the GPS teams. Who wants to see GPS teams sandbagging before the real matches begin anyway? Isn't that just the trap that View fell into last year, and only rectified after their famous win over Joeys?
I reckon you could fund it selling a hyperbaric chamber. Any available for sale???? ;) ;) ;)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
If you thnk about it, it makes sense because 3rds and below only have their 6 rounds, and so need the trials.
What beats me is that the ARU can't put some money back into the system by organising trials for GPS sides against some country teams. Let them stay at Rugby Lane in the city, or nearby at the CWA. Who wouldn't like to see View v Dunedoo?

I think you'll find that the 9 team 3rds competition play 8 rounds rather than 6, i.e. they play each other once.

Why would the money strapped ARU want to spend money orgainsing trials for GPS schools?

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
What beats me is that the ARU can't put some money back into the system by organising trials for GPS sides against some country teams. Let them stay at Rugby Lane in the city, or nearby at the CWA. Who wouldn't like to see View v Dunedoo?

Sorry SOC and Brian Westlake, Dunedoo and Gulargambone are Rugby League towns. You might scrape up an U12 side at best.
You could try to get a game against the JGS in the regions

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
Been done: Grammar 1sts lost 17-14 (having led 14-0 at the half) to the WA U17's who were the Australian Champs.
Against one of the schools playing in true 1st XV comp it wold be no match at all.

Fair enough. Maybe they could have a crack at a first grade side in the country. It wouldn't be dissimilar to Robb or Albies playing in the NE comp. Or maybe that is who they should play. Probably some old boys from all the Schools in those teams. :)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Fair enough. Maybe they could have a crack at a first grade side in the country. It wouldn't be dissimilar to Robb or Albies playing in the NE comp. Or maybe that is who they should play. Probably some old boys from all the Schools in those teams. :)

I believe TAS used to play in the 1st grade comp up there

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Sorry,I just don't get how a 17 yo gets any benefit from getting beaten up by a 25 yo.
Even if they have led a privileged life thus far.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
The View v Scots trial is not proceeding. However, to the best of my knowledge, the Joeys v Newington and Shore v Kings trials are.
Can anyone confirm venues and times for shore v kings and joeys v Newington. Are the games at northbridge and HH ? Usual 3.15?

Afternoon Tea

Frank Row (1)
This is Joeys' likely squad for this weeks fixture against Newington

1. James Margan
2. Pat O'Doherty
3. Tom Horton
4. Nathan Gitteos
5. Roman Hoferek
6. Max Knight
7. Josh Canturi
8. Koim Wingti
9. Matt Rodgers
10. Will McDonald
11. Mason Cohen
12. Tim McCutcheon
13. Tom Wright
14. Lachie Phillie
15. Connor O'Shea

The coaches are mixing the team around, looking for some new combinations in the back line. I believe that it could have a very positive impact, only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Scots team that played TSS was

1. Toby Rudolf
2. Dylan Brudenell-Woods
3. Lachlan Terbutt
4. Max Cowley
5. Ryan McCauley
6. Angus Crichton
7. Taylor Deer
8. Charlie Smith
9. Theo Strang
10. Callum Styles
11. Max Hendrie
12. Dan England
13. Tom McFadyen
14. Jack Prindiville
15. Guy Porter

Reserves: J Sedgman , H Kamp, M Girdler, J Maddocks, J Hawkins

Although I would like to know who they are playing come Saturday?

All very cloak and dagger :eek:

Surely it isn't more of this irregularities thing ... and hopefully just a case of both schools realise it is boring to play 3 times ... half these kids know one another well enough through Rep teams ..:confused:

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
From what I've heard there are only two changes to the joeys line up from last week. Dylan grant in on the wing replacing Eddie king and will o'connell into the pack for matt psaltis everyone else staying in the same positions.

Maverick

Bob McCowan (2)
Can anyone confirm venues and times for shore v kings and joeys v Newington. Are the games at northbridge and HH ? Usual 3.15?

I understand that Shore are at home to Kings (at Northbridge) this Saturday. 1st XV at 3:15pm, 2nd XV at 2:00pm and 3rd XV at 1:00pm.

Can anyone supply some team lists?

S

spirit of cupertino

Look, I have heard, but can't get confirmation, that TSC will be playing an under 85 kg colt side at a closed session and at a secret location. All I can tell you is that the Sat-Nav on the tour bus has been set to co-ordinates -33.868466, 151.109314

S

spirit of cupertino

I guess my tips for this saturday would have to be
Shore wins its only game of the season 23-19 over a resurgent Kings
Joeys to make a come from behind win, but only jkust, with New bringing in some very enterprising impact players too late off the bench. 12-9
View will resolve coaching tussel in favour of the rookie
TSC to thrash TBC 44-4

Status
Not open for further replies.