• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Blaise is the 16A fullback for SJC. He has come from 'a long way' up north and has worked his way into the A's from being a new boy, which at Joeys is no mean feat..
I watched him against New, some of his footwork is worthy of Quade C comparisons.
The boy from ACT is in the B's and many are a little surprised given the background.
The Joeys 16's age group seems very strong overall with a lot of depth throughout.

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
Saw him play against joeys and he didn't look all that special certainly the joeys boys didn't struggle with him. I've seen him play a bit in the past and he is good in open spaces but you get less of that as you get older. Interesting to see the much hyped newington centre Tyrone as well that day. He put on a couple of big hits blind siding some players but was shown up in defence elsewhere easily beaten by quicker players in the inside he struggles with lateral movement and didn't have a high work rate. His size no longer intimidates boys and given his average speed is probably heading for the back row at some point.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Saw him play against joeys and he didn't look all that special certainly the joeys boys didn't struggle with him. I've seen him play a bit in the past and he is good in open spaces but you get less of that as you get older. Interesting to see the much hyped newington centre Tyrone as well that day. He put on a couple of big hits blind siding some players but was shown up in defence elsewhere easily beaten by quicker players in the inside he struggles with lateral movement and didn't have a high work rate. His size no longer intimidates boys and given his average speed is probably heading for the back row at some point.

Front row, i reckon.
He has played quite a bit in the back row already.
He still has the big rep, though.

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
He does have the rep and to be fair he can hit but a few of the joeys boys were saying afterwards how easy he was to get around and how he walks for a lot of the game. You may be right about front row he seems to have done his growing and I could see him developing in that position but in my opinion at least he has a limited future as a back.

F

footywarrior

Blaise is the 16A fullback for SJC. He has come from 'a long way' up north and has worked his way into the A's from being a new boy, which at Joeys is no mean feat..
I watched him against New, some of his footwork is worthy of Quade C comparisons.
The boy from ACT is in the B's and many are a little surprised given the background.
The Joeys 16's age group seems very strong overall with a lot of depth throughout.

I hear his background is quite extensive and has been playing footy for the best part of his life. Worked hard to push himself from the bottom and carved in the lower grades and now quite competitive in the A's. Would most defiantly give Bailey Simpson a run for his money if they were to compete for a fullback position at any stage.

His footwork is crazy and defiantly the ACT Patmore could learn a few things or two from him.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Out of 26 matches played between NC and Shore last week, Shore won 15 and New 11.

Looking a little closer, in the higher grade games:

NC won 1sts, 16A, 15A, 14A and 13A

Shore won 2nds, 3rds, 15B, 14B and 13B

New won all grades in the 16s, while Shore picked up most of their wins in the lower teams of the 13s and 14s.

From the scores I've seen, quite an even day of rugby with very few lopsided scores at all.

Interestingly, Shore seem to have at least 1 Aussie rules team for the first time ever.

Parra biff

Bob McCowan (2)

i've started to realise that about tyrone, the boys playing him defiantly aren't as intimidated as before, maybe it is time he moves to the forwards?

gps_selector

Bob McCowan (2)
Talking to shores 1sts coach and I hear that they will be struggling against joeys in terms of fitness as a lot of boys have injuries. Should be a interesting match at hunters hill next Saturday that's for sure!

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Re : deleted post "defiantly" :

It's a trap! I've seen it many times, guilty myself - a lot of the messages ( particularly from mobile devices ) use predictive text and it won't be picked up in spellcheck in context! Unless you re-read and proof everything you write electronically you run the risk of being "defiant"! :)

I defiantly wish I did this ( check! ) more often!

Cheers, Wreckless ;)

F

fireball

Shore and joeys next week will be very telling. Joeys have dropped a couple of forwards and several backs are on notice to shape up. The 15,14 and 11 just didn't aim up in defence against scots and shore will no doubt aim a lot of attack their way. The result could well define the season for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.