• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
View impressive. Looked better rugby players than Saints.

Hutchison played in the second half. He was on crutches on Thursday and hadn't touched a rugby ball all year but although he only got the ball only a few times he was terrific when he did.

He looked like a 10.79 secs runner.

onthegreg

Frank Row (1)
Riverview were very impressive today. Hutchison playing as inside centre was great choice for the team as he not only had more time with ball in hand but also tackled more players that lead to turnovers. He proved why he was the 16 year old Aus schoolboy last year and will most likely be up for returning to starting XV.

Riverview 26 - St Augustine's 14

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
As I said his dad told me he is not playing league this year, I'll ask him about the roosters when I see him again. However wouldn't the roosters insist he plays league if they have him on a contract?

Dunno - the evil empire does a lot of stuff that's just talk and i doubt the contract is for much if there is one.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Riverview were very impressive today.

Hutchison playing as inside centre was great choice for the team as he not only had more time with ball in hand but also tackled more players that lead to turnovers. He proved why he was the 16 year old Aus schoolboy last year and will most likely be up for returning to starting XV.
Tim Horan Mk II

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
HH - he's only scrumhalf size but he plays big.

He was only 80 kgs last year but he's chunky - all muscle. Can knock big boppers over and break tackles of bigger lads.

Not to the point but Andrew Kellaway is similar in playing "big". Was 90 kgs last year but you would swear he was bigger at moments of impact.

john williamson

Frank Nicholson (4)
His tackling today was impressive, and although he was outsized on a few occasions, he made his tackles and resulted on 3 or 4 turnovers

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
When he leaves school? Yeah, he will probably start there but he won't stay there long. He will be too rugby-smart and rugby-useful to be parked out there.

But he's too small at 80 kgs.
That's why he caught my eye at the athletics - I'd read the big wraps: and he must have played when I was at the ground but didn't pay much attention. And then I saw him and I thought - where is the kid going to play as an adult?

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
Thought Riverview played good at times, poor at others. Expected the scrum from Riverview to be a lot stronger than it was, i think they realised today that there front 3 will have to be Bowditch, Pritchard, Futukava. My 3,2,1 for Riverview would of been, Beau Peterson #5, Evan Pritchard #2, Henry Hutchison #17.

Status
Not open for further replies.