• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Perhaps an indicator that we will see GPS Black in 2015 to replace NSW Country Schools who have indicated that this is their last year in the trials as an Association Rep team.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Does anybody have the details, maybe from the newspaper, of the scorers for the New v Shore game?

Please post them here if you do. Thanks

Also
Results of 2nd XV, 3rd XV and U16As needed for new v Shore—and also U/16s Scots v Joeys.

Donotquestion

Stan Wickham (3)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think it will be interesting in that both Hutchison and Crichton will be fighting for the #13 spot, yet both players are almost guaranteed a spot in the team. Will also be interesting to see how these two match up when Riverview vs Scots, will make for some very entertaining rugby

They should just give Crichton the 6 jersey

sac77

Frank Row (1)
Yes - but the standard of the GPS 1st XV per position is stronger than the same position in other associations. There have been so many boys from GPS 3 XV play for NSW and Aust. Michael Wells in Yr 11 being an obvious example.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Almost literally!
When you add in bench players for the white & blue teams,together the 2's.
There is a very small % of Players in the GPS 1's comp that will not get a jersey.

One assumes that this will also make room for Grammar, High and TAS boys in the 3s competition to have an opportunity. Probably won't be many, but 1st XV players from those schools are at a distinct disadvantage compared to boys from all associations.

Think About Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
One assumes that this will also make room for Grammar, High and TAS boys in the 3s competition to have an opportunity. Probably won't be many, but 1st XV players from those schools are at a distinct disadvantage compared to boys from all associations.

Excellent point. If that is the reason someone is thinking about the future of the game!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Unusual for Joeys side to be undisciplined.

TBH the cards were very questionable. 1 for repeat infringements was fair. Then the next yellow was for an offside and when the captain went up to question the ref he saw red, highly doubt he said anything worthy of a red

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I think it will be interesting in that both Hutchison and Crichton will be fighting for the #13 spot, yet both players are almost guaranteed a spot in the team. Will also be interesting to see how these two match up when Riverview vs Scots, will make for some very entertaining rugby

I don't think Crichton will play 13 for GPS, more likely in the backrow with Woodhill (Shore), Hayson (View) and Smith and Deer (Scots) fighting it out for the other 2 spots. If James Kane is injured I'd think they'd play Freeman at 12, Hutchinson at 13, Porter at 15 with Pesa and Kennewell on the wings. Then again GPS selectors have come up with some very unusual decisions in the past and McCutcheon was fairly strong yesterday at 13 so he could be a smokey with a good showing against Shore as well as 12 McDonnell who is always solid.

Bigg Dogg 84

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone have a team list from scots yesterday 1-15?

1) Toby Rudolf
2) Jakob Sedgeman
3) Lachlan Terbutt
4) Max Cowley
5) Ryan McCualy
6) Max Girdler
7) Taylor Deer
8) Charlie Smith
9) Theo Stange
10) Callum Styles
11) Jake Prindivile
12) Daniel England
13) Angus Crichton
14) Max Hendrie
15) Guy Porter

Reserves:
Harry Licence
Henry Kamp
Jack Maddoxs

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Some High Boys seem to have chosen the CHS selection path for rep honours.

They're in the fortunate position of having 2 options and CHS would be the easier path I'd have thought. In the past, when they were competitive in 1st XV, High players took the GPS path.

RugbyInTake

Frank Row (1)
Any thoughts on the Under 16 GPS sides? I hear it is a very strong age group. Interesting to see who are the contenders in the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.