• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
It's just the reality:)

EDIT: I'd hope that issues raised on the thread which dare not speak its name have nothing to do with selections. They shouldn't.

bill Laurie was never accused of being a dynamic opener, but the commentator happy to describe the swings and misses of the more dynamic shorter games

it seems the young guns aren't scared to have a go at the ball you left
and you seem to have liked many the shots played

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have a feeling that Max Girdler is the son of John who played in Scots 1sts in 1981 and played a few seasons with Easts afterwards. If so, what's the hullaboo then?

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
I have a feeling that Max Girdler is the son of John who played in Scots 1sts in 1981 and played a few seasons with Easts afterwards. If so, what's the hullaboo then?
I am pretty sure that Max's father's name is Trent, not John. I could be wrong but I did meet the father some years ago and it wasn't John.

Big Fella

Bob McCowan (2)
I understand that there have been some changes to the original teams announced on Saturday. Is there an updated team listing for Tuesday's games?

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Yes I agree and I am told there have been changes. Maybe I have got it wrong.
Just talked to a mate who's son is in the GPS squads and there wasn't any mention of changes. Actually the web site does refer to teams announced again for Fridays fixtures so maybe that's where the idea has come from. I looked over last years teams and barring injury doesn't look like any changes there either.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There are 4 teams playing tomorrow. It would be most unusual if there were no injuries that wouldn't drive a rebalancing in the teams for the Friday games.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just talked to a mate who's son is in the GPS squads and there wasn't any mention of changes. Actually the web site does refer to teams announced again for Fridays fixtures so maybe that's where the idea has come from. I looked over last years teams and barring injury doesn't look like any changes there either.

Well spotted - the web site refers to "new teams" announced on Tuesday night. Might be just for injury-forced changes, or to allow themselves to promote/relegate players based on rep form.

Big Fella

Bob McCowan (2)
Well spotted - the web site refers to "new teams" announced on Tuesday night. Might be just for injury-forced changes, or to allow themselves to promote/relegate players based on rep form.
Agree with your comments. Does that the named teams had no injuries and or other concerns? Understand that the teams may change after the games on Tuesday.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Re TAS vs Grammar in the 3rds, I said in an earlier post written after the Scots 7s that based on that and the few early TAS games, I thought that this year's TAS team wasn't as strong.

Now as a possible indication of SGS depth, the results of the top games were 1sts G 22-0, 2nds G 8-7, 3rds G 24-7, 16As 21-0. Apparently (I didn't see them) the games were played in good spirit with a good time had by all. Well done Grammar. I wouldn't call SGS red hot favourites, we won't know until we see a few more game, but the signs look good for them.

For some reason, TAS tends to start slow and pick up. I guess that I'm kind of hoping for that! As always, I am totally unbiased. Could we make it it a SGS, SBH, TAS 1,2,3 in any order? Highly unlikely on the initial results. Still, go the minnows!

It's actually quite fun cheering for multiple teams. Sort of hedges my bets.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
It is only ISA 2 that will take on GPS Blue on Friday 20 June and my money is on the GPS lads.

No pointing predicting how ISA 1 might fare because the team will not compete against a GPS team in the NSWSRU trials.

rugbymother

Frank Row (1)
With all due repect.... this is a schoolboy comp...and let the best team win no matter what school.

Why the bias toward the 'non rugby' GPS schools anyway?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is only ISA 2 that will take on GPS Blue on Friday 20 June and my money is on the GPS lads.

No pointing predicting how ISA 1 might fare because the team will not compete against a GPS team in the NSWSRU trials.

Correct. At best the statisticians can go to town extrapolating the score between AAGPS 1st XV v CAS 1st XV (todays game) and ISA 1st XV vs CAS 1st XV (to be played on Friday).

This is always fraught with danger as lots of other factors come into consideration, however, traditionally CAS have beaten ISA rather easily regardless of how well Oakhill and St Augustines (the powerhouses of ISA Rugby) have been performing at the school level.

Status
Not open for further replies.