• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhro7

Bob McCowan (2)
Joeys 2nds 20 Scots 17. Tough game with a much improved effort from Scots. Can confirm too that Crichton faced a disciplinary hearing over the bite.
I head the 12 who moved up for scots 2s was quite solid... simpson i think? young fella in yr 11, should watch out for him in a gold jersey next year...

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Would like to see joeys 15as and 14as face waverley .think that would be v interesting . And bear in mind scots 14as best player poached from waves .

St Augustines 14As beat Waverley 14As 80 something nil at the start of the season. I don't think Waverley v Joeys would be as good a contest as you think.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
St Augustines 14As beat Waverley 14As 80 something nil at the start of the season. I don't think Waverley v Joeys would be as good a contest as you think.
They had all been away on cadet camp, and had no sleep or training. trust me that joeys team in 14s isn't much chop ...very surprised scots lost to them

...and if savala was next to towns in waverley centres, joeys would get smashed IMHO ... And waverley 15s stronger again ...and 13s pretty fair too

Oh well given joeys don't seem game to face st Augustine's, or waverley guess we can't be sure ...joeys gone soft on that front ... Just play soft gps teams, 3 times

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
They had all been away on cadet camp, and had no sleep or training. trust me that joeys team in 14s isn't much chop .very surprised scots lost to them

Don't know about Joeys 14s, but Scots had a lot of boys injured or sick this weekend throughout all the grades. This may have contributed to performance. I believe it was upwards of 20+ boys.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
The Scots tone on this thread is extraordinary. I am bewildered that when Snots don't slaughter a side there is a sentiment that Scots must have been way off, and the other side playing well above themselves. Seriously have some respect for the opposition. What it says to me is that without one player in particular all the crap about Snots patterns is hot air. They are pretty much a one man team.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
The Scots tone on this thread is extraordinary. I am bewildered that when Snots don't slaughter a side there is a sentiment that Scots must have been way off, and the other side playing well above themselves. Seriously have some respect for the opposition. What it says to me is that without one player in particular all the crap about Snots patterns is hot air. They are pretty much a one man team.
I don't agree. If you ignore the trolls and silly comments last week about Scots "deliberately" going slow in the 1st half against View, the vast majority of sensible commentary gave praise where praise was due. Me thinks your comment about Scots being a "one man team" is a bit of a troll.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
I don't agree. If you ignore the trolls and silly comments last week about Scots "deliberately" going slow in the 1st half against View, the vast majority of sensible commentary gave praise where praise was due. Me thinks your comment about Scots being a "one man team" is a bit of a troll.
Fair enough, possibly a bit unfair on my part, but certainly AC is the key for Scots. If he plays they win well, if he doesn't it looks as though they are right back with the pack.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
They had all been away on cadet camp, and had no sleep or training. trust me that joeys team in 14s isn't much chop .very surprised scots lost to them

.and if savala was next to towns in waverley centres, joeys would get smashed IMHO . And waverley 15s stronger again .and 13s pretty fair too

Oh well given joeys don't seem game to face st Augustine's, or waverley guess we can't be sure .joeys gone soft on that front . Just play soft gps teams, 3 times

Augustines Year 8 had been on camp hiking in the bush for 3 days before the game as well:)

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Fair enough, possibly a bit unfair on my part, but certainly AC is the key for Scots. If he plays they win well, if he doesn't it looks as though they are right back with the pack.
No doubt their only Australia school boy missing would have an impact. He is the key back line player in Scots game plan. Porter missing also had an impact. Scots big No.13 not as effective when AC isn't sucking in a few defenders.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
A
Note that Joeys 14C lost . but to Scots 14Bs
A coach told me the schools use some kind of "formula" that results in some schools higher teams playing against lower grades in other schools. It factored in amongst other things the number of players a given school might have in that given year group. This is of course different to the 3rds and 5ths comp across the age groups. At the end of the day, if it results in more even games, I am all for it.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
No doubt their only Australia school boy missing would have an impact. He is the key back line player in Scots game plan. Porter missing also had an impact. Scots big No.13 not as effective when AC isn't sucking in a few defenders.

Tells you something about their game plan that he plays #8 for NSW and Oz schools.

Theking12

Stan Wickham (3)
A
A coach told me the schools use some kind of "formula" that results in some schools higher teams playing against lower grades in other schools. It factored in amongst other things the number of players a given school might have in that given year group. This is of course different to the 3rds and 5ths comp across the age groups. At the end of the day, if it results in more even games, I am all for it.

They may need to fix the formula, joeys 5th beat scots 5th 29-0 then beat there 4ths 21-12 in dreadful conditions with joeys in control the entire game. Yesterday their fixture was scots 6th who only brought 9 players to hunters hill. The game was called off with 8 minutes left with the scots coach saying the score was around 150-0. Surely that is a complete mismatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Tells you something about their game plan that he plays #8 for NSW and Oz schools.
I agree, but you play to your strengths. Every team should develop a style best suited to the talent pool they have got. I agree with your previous comments IS in that scots sometimes play like they are a team of back rowers. It has proved effective thus far.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
They may need to fix the formula, joeys 5th beat scots 5th 29-0 then beat there 4ths 21-12 in dreadful conditions with joeys in control the entire game. Yesterday their fixture was scots 6th who only brought 9 players to hunters hill. The game was called off with 8 minutes left with the scots coach saying the score was around 150-0. Surely that is a complete mismatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No system is ever perfect. You will always get exceptions. I am sure the schools are trying their best to ensure the boys get as even games as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.