• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
SO SO frustrating. I had to go to Armidale Saturday for a fundraising debate for the New England Regional Art Museum. Art v Science. I was 3rd speaker on the Art side v a UNE team including the VC, Sadly we lost. But that was not what was frustrating.

I had arranged the travel so that I could see the TASvScots games, and then because of fog at Sydney I didn't get into Armidale till after 12:30. By all accounts, it was an absolute cracker of a game. My congratulations to both sides.

Would someone mind checking my maths? After flue last week then travel and speaking, I'm exhausted, By my count, the thirds is now Scots, TAS & Grammar on 8, Shore & SJC on 6, View on 5, High on 4, New on 3, Kings 2. Its very open. This shot of the TASvScots game came from a friend.

Attachments

• TAS V Scots 9 August 14.jpg
    TAS V Scots 9 August 14.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 330

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Some results year to date have been Kings beat New, New beats Shore, Shore beats Kings.
New beats Joeys, Joeys get within 2 of Scots, Scots put 100 on New.
Riverview leads Scots at half time, Kings leads Riverview at half time.

Nothing wrong with this years competition.
Dont forget Shore were leading View with 2 minitues to play and lost it in the last play.

hollowman

Peter Burge (5)
Yes you have the points spot on Jim. You can see the running results and points table at http://portals.studentnet.edu.au/sports/base.aspx??tabindex=6&tabid=156

It was a very good game. TAS started very strongly through the forwards with Pierce Hayden a standout performance including 2 tries. The backs were great in defence and made the most of opportunities in attack. TAS lost 3 players to yellow cards in the second half due to repeated infringements but held on.

lineoutjumper

Stan Wickham (3)
with the shore vs new game I watched yesterday I think shore may have squeezed out a win if the kicker got his "right infront" kicks in having the score 21 all at halftime rather than 21-15, having watching shore in previous games they just have a lot of ticker when it's very close. Also, having watched the 16As I think that new will be stronger in years to come.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Yes you have the points spot on Jim. You can see the running results and points table at http://portals.studentnet.edu.au/sports/base.aspx??tabindex=6&tabid=156

It was a very good game. TAS started very strongly through the forwards with Pierce Hayden a standout performance including 2 tries. The backs were great in defence and made the most of opportunities in attack. TAS lost 3 players to yellow cards in the second half due to repeated infringements but held on.

Thanks, for this, HM. Much appreciated. Always good to see the forwards go! Three yellow cards! They must have created e defensive nightmare.

T

The Big Marn

I head the 12 who moved up for scots 2s was quite solid. simpson i think? young fella in yr 11, should watch out for him in a gold jersey next year.

Do you mean year 12 Simon Johnston who played 12 for Scots yesterday?

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
He was one of the wingers. Probably wearing No. 11
Without AC there the outside backs didn't get as much opportunity as in previous games. I didn't see him do too much wrong. There was a lot of pick and drive from Scots. I think it would be fair to say Scots dominated in the forwards, particularly in the first half. Joeys backs held their own.

T

The Big Marn

Without AC there the outside backs didn't get as much opportunity as in previous games. I didn't see him do too much wrong. There was a lot of pick and drive from Scots. I think it would be fair to say Scots dominated in the forwards, particularly in the first half. Joeys backs held their own.

Cheers mate.

Footydad

Bob McCowan (2)
Cheers mate.
Well done to the Joeys boys yesterday. They certainly stepped up to the plate.
A big win by Scots was a much talked about potential result.
I was impressed with the Joeys No8(Anderson). Tackled hard all day against a much larger opposition.And he wasn't the only one.
I was surprised at how few of the Scots boys attended the 1st XV game.I would say less than 100. At the end of the game the Joeys boys sang a rousing rendition of a latin(?) song to their team.Very moving.
The better team won the game but Joeys and Rugby were the winners on the day!

Footydad

Bob McCowan (2)
Latin hymn called "Sub Tuum". A Joeys standard for when you want to show solidarity and recognize effort. Sung traditionally when Joeys win games or defy the odds and stand taller than what was expected.
Thank you Vindictam for your advice regarding the hymn.It was certainly well deserved yesterday.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Latin hymn called "Sub Tuum". A Joeys standard for when you want to show solidarity and recognize effort. Sung traditionally when Joeys win games or defy the odds and stand taller than what was expected.

The mighty Sub Tuum! It's our school song as well here in the AIC in QLD. Similarly, Ashgrove dominates rugby across all age groups except we have an aggregate trophy to show for it, I was surprised to hear there isn't one in NSW rugby.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Well done to the Joeys boys yesterday. They certainly stepped up to the plate.
A big win by Scots was a much talked about potential result.
I was impressed with the Joeys No8(Anderson). Tackled hard all day against a much larger opposition.And he wasn't the only one.
I was surprised at how few of the Scots boys attended the 1st XV game.I would say less than 100. At the end of the game the Joeys boys sang a rousing rendition of a latin(?) song to their team.Very moving.
The better team won the game but Joeys and Rugby were the winners on the day!
I thought the No4 also had a blinder for Joeys. Scots boys numbers were down. They were down for the away game against Joeys last year as well, and what a cracker of a game that was. Maybe it was because many predicted a big win for Scots and there was a big turnout for the game with View the week before. I for one expected a close game. Joeys at home are nearly always very competitive. There is no doubt school spirit at Joeys is strong and the 1stXV deserved such a send off at the end of the game. I think Scot, Joeys and rugby were the winners.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
They may need to fix the formula, joeys 5th beat scots 5th 29-0 then beat there 4ths 21-12 in dreadful conditions with joeys in control the entire game. Yesterday their fixture was scots 6th who only brought 9 players to hunters hill. The game was called off with 8 minutes left with the scots coach saying the score was around 150-0. Surely that is a complete mismatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an example of craziness in schoolboy rugby. Surely without sheep stations at stake, the sixth grade coaches should have agreed to a 10-a-side game. Playing 15 v 9 and letting the score blow out to 150-nil is rank stupidity by both schools.

Afternoon Tea

Frank Row (1)
They may need to fix the formula, joeys 5th beat scots 5th 29-0 then beat there 4ths 21-12 in dreadful conditions with joeys in control the entire game. Yesterday their fixture was scots 6th who only brought 9 players to hunters hill. The game was called off with 8 minutes left with the scots coach saying the score was around 150-0. Surely that is a complete mismatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 players turning up to play in the scots 6ths! Disgraceful effort...

Status
Not open for further replies.