• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
8th's to 1st in one year ?
Surely there where some left wingers still at school from last year ?

Anyone who could run 100m or 200m or leap or bound or throw a shotput was not allowed to play. That with Rowers at Nationals and play rehearsal, and forwards injured, it is nothing like the team that will line up 16 May, thank goodness. I can't wait for Athletics to be moved to after rugby season.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
they wont make the poor lads play Kings and Augies on the same day (you posted this team is playing Augies at 5 on Saturday)

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
they wont make the poor lads play Kings and Augies on the same day (you posted this team is playing Augies at 5 on Saturday)

You're right. I mis-read Azzuri's post and thought it said Easter Sunday not Saturday.
But I did think playing Augs on Saturday evening and backing up to play Kings on Sunday a bit rough lol. Where's the Easter egg munching time?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Are there any forum members who would be interested in writing match reports on GPS games this year?

We try to get a three-page blog out every week with a match on each page.

Or maybe you take photos during a game and you can forward a few. They can be added to somebody else's writing and lift the whole report.

Would anybody interested in providing writing or photos please send me a "convo" by clicking on Inbox and then on "Start a new conversation."

Thank you

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
As well as the weekly match reports, are there any takers prepared to help with an AAGPS Season Preview?

You don't need to cover all the schools, and a 200-400 word report on each of the schools you are familiar with would suffice with the overall 2015 AAGPS season preview being assembled as a collaborative effort.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
As well as the weekly match reports, are there any takers prepared to help with an AAGPS Season Preview?

You don't need to cover all the schools, and a 200-400 word report on each of the schools you are familiar with would suffice with the overall 2015 AAGPS season preview being assembled as a collaborative effort.

Will happy write a preview on Riverview

Peej

Allen Oxlade (6)

Heard it all before really. Riverview did have a league team for a couple of years while blocker roach was a parent but when he left so did the interest. Same could happen at Joeys. Hard to start something when it will depend on year to year interest of kids who most don't come from league heart lands.

They quote kids like Moeroa in the article when he was always a league player being sent to Newington by the Eels. Not as if they found and took Unions talent.

Also cant imagine the super rugby and ARU letting this happen with such a large amount of the pros coming from NSW/QLD GPS.

I'm a league and Union fan and I really think that the League needs to look after its own breeding grounds like the country which they seem content to let rot away and areas of Syd which the AFL is going hard at.

loiterer

Sydney Middleton (9)

Looks like a fantastic idea, league would really teach the values that are going to inspire families to send their kids to GPS schools. It would be impressive to see all the boys in their school uniforms throwing bottles at the refs from the grandstands.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Looks like a fantastic idea, league would really teach the values that are going to inspire families to send their kids to GPS schools. It would be impressive to see all the boys in their school uniforms throwing bottles at the refs from the grandstands.
My thoughts exactly, but maybe the culture bred in the GPS schools is what some of those boys need. I know this comment may draw some criticism but it is for that reason that I choose to send my kid to a GPS school, a good culture and good values.

loiterer

Sydney Middleton (9)
My thoughts exactly, but maybe the culture bred in the GPS schools is what some of those boys need. I know this comment may draw some criticism but it is for that reason that I choose to send my kid to a GPS school, a good culture and good values.

I agree that the culture of GPS schools "is what some of those boys need" in their education, that culture has largely come from rugby. Though those schools now offer wider range of sports than they did a generation ago, the sporting culture is derived from the sports they have traditionally played. I am not sure that league is offering the right role models (though the NSW Blues coach appears to have the right stuff).

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
I would not like to see it happen for a different reason.
The sport at GPS schools is being watered down as each school tries to cater for the whims of parents. You only have to look at what has happened to rugby by the introduction of soccer and Aussie rules into the system. Another competing sport would just take more players from the game and weaken all sports. I know boys who only play soccer because it is easier to make the firsts, not because they are dedicated soccer players!!
Cricket has suffered a similar decline as the options that schools provide increase.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Hence the reason Rugby was changed to the 3rd term I am sure, to accommodate the soccer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB Set

Peter Burge (5)
I am aware this is not the current topic of conversation but allow me to ask the question, who do you believe will be the key forward and back for each of the 1st XV teams this season

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Hence the reason Rugby was changed to the 3rd term I am sure, to accommodate the soccer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not in Sydney - down here is starts at the end of Term 1 goes through Term 2 and occupies most if not all of term 3, as does soccer and the other "winter" sports.
Big change next year as Athletics will not cross over with the beginning of rugby in the NSW AAGPS.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Not in Sydney - down here is starts at the end of Term 1 goes through Term 2 and occupies most if not all of term 3, as does soccer and the other "winter" sports.
Big change next year as Athletics will not cross over with the beginning of rugby in the NSW AAGPS.

I think in Qld soccer and rugby are played at in different terms - the reason explained to me was that some schools didn't have the grounds to run both sports at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.