• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Can't see any high or Tas. I take it any High players have opted for CHS. Can anyone confirm. Mr Jarse?

High players are eligible for both. Since they "dropped" to the 3rd XV competition, most of their best seem to try out for the CHS "pathway" rather than AAGPS.

In the "olden days" TAS players could do similar as the High boys and if they were not selected for AAGPS Reps (long time since I recall amy being selected), they could be selected for NSW Country Schools REpresentative Team. IIRC there were about 5 TAS boys in the NSW Country Schools Team last year, which was the final year that NSW Country Schools entered a team in the NSW All Schools Trials.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Very odd game up at Kings today. Newington led 36-7 at half time. Kings competed well, but New were just a bit stronger in the forwards and a bit quicker in the backs. Second half was a 0-0 draw as the referee decided to give his whistle a nice old workout. Even with a mountainous penalty count in their favour, Kings couldn't close the gap. After a great 1st half from both sides, it was a real let down.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Im a bit confused. I see Doyle with a (6) but HJ has him at 8 in the 2nds.
I reckon that the number in the brackets on the AAGPS site probably indicates that the Coaches may want to consider playing that individual in that number as well at some stage in the trial games.

There are a number of players with "alternate" positions indicated in brackets after their name.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Im a bit confused. I see Doyle with a (6) but HJ has him at 8 in the 2nds.

Either there are 2 Doyles or HJ is feeling the pace at 10pm:)

EDIT. Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I assume it means that the boys concerned will start in one postion, but will also be considered in another postion and presumably get some game time there.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Very odd game up at Kings today. Newington led 36-7 at half time. Kings competed well, but New were just a bit stronger in the forwards and a bit quicker in the backs. Second half was a 0-0 draw as the referee decided to give his whistle a nice old workout. Even with a mountainous penalty count in their favour, Kings couldn't close the gap. After a great 1st half from both sides, it was a real let down.
I'm very surprised. kings defence was legendary when they played Shore. shore were camped on their line for long periods and completely dominated but Kings held them out. I surprised that they let 30 + points be scored in one half. I think obviously they were not up for it this game. Coach must have corrected things at half time.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm very surprised. kings defence was legendary when they played Shore. shore were camped on their line for long periods and completely dominated but Kings held them out. I surprised that they let 30 + points be scored in one half. I think obviously they were not up for it this game. Coach must have corrected things at half time.
Suspect holding out Shore is a different prospect to keeping New's Kennewell, Sapesa, Tyrone at al at bay?

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
I reckon that the number in the brackets on the AAGPS site probably indicates that the Coaches may want to consider playing that individual in that number as well at some stage in the trial games.

There are a number of players with "alternate" positions indicated in brackets after their name.
Yes but strangely Morrison isn't a 7, Pietsch is playing at 6 and has beside his name, so that doesn't make it any clearer to me. Also is the asterix indicating injured?

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Suspect holding out Shore is a different prospect to keeping New's Kennewell, Sapesa, Tyrone at al at bay?

Not really.... Second half was 0-0.... Unfortunately it took Kings the first half and 36 points to figure out how to shut New down.... When they did we saw the same defensive strength. The first half was a dogs breakfast for Kings... They made some silly mistakes and were caught napping by a electric newington backline.... While the new pack were heavier I felt Kings had their measure and even managed 2 tight heads and a brilliant forwards try from a lineout 10 meters out that went to rolling maul and try.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Not really.. Second half was 0-0.. Unfortunately it took Kings the first half and 36 points to figure out how to shut New down.. When they did we saw the same defensive strength. The first half was a dogs breakfast for Kings. They made some silly mistakes and were caught napping by a electric new line.. While the new pack were heavier I felt Kings had their measure and even managed 2 tight heads.
Whilst ive no doubt the Kings boys got back to their knitting in 2nd half Azzuri, is it not possible that a measure of complacency may have crept in for New? Exhibit 1, Wallabies performances since.......

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Once again those teams seem way to absurd to be non-politic impacted.. Absolute joke, not happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Whilst ive no doubt the Kings boys got back to their knitting in 2nd half Azzuri, is it not possible that a measure of complacency may have crept in for New? Exhibit 1, Wallabies performances since...
Wouldn't it be great if the wallabies could actually get in a position in the first half of a game where complacency became an option?
No need for any team to run up the score and give their opponents something to prove in the reverse fixture

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Give some detail of your displeasure.?
The 1s backline and back row picked itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It mostly comes from the 2's and 3's selections.. IMHO I think the 3's would challenge the 2's and win for that matter. Not sure how Gehrig, Mete, Orpen, Murray missed out on higher selections although not sure what the deal is with Murray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Forget Murray - he's frying other fish.
You need to look back and see where they were and what positions they were playing in U16s and/or 2014 as the case may be.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Not really.. Second half was 0-0.. Unfortunately it took Kings the first half and 36 points to figure out how to shut New down.. When they did we saw the same defensive strength. The first half was a dogs breakfast for Kings. They made some silly mistakes and were caught napping by a electric newington backline.. While the new pack were heavier I felt Kings had their measure and even managed 2 tight heads and a brilliant forwards try from a lineout 10 meters out that went to rolling maul and try.

Although it's much easier to defend when the other team don't have the ball.;)

Penalty count significantly to Kings in 2nd half - which is odd for two reasons. There weren't that many penalties in the first half at all and the game flowed really well and it would also seem strange that the team that was up by 30 points and who had the fast backline would want to slow the play down by conceding penalties.

oarsome

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can someone please inform me how they select the GPS rugby coaches? I have had good reports regarding the shore forwards coach (G. Inches) but i really can't say that about the backs coach. Andrew Cleverley and Brian Smith from TSC can clearly warrant their 'selection' as the 1st XV coaches.

Is it a form of rotation between the schools? Or just a lucky dip each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.