• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
When one school does it, i've seen others use it to justify the same, be it old boys, schoolboys or parents. Lets just stamp out this unsporting behaviour. Simply whip out your phone, record some video of voices & faces. Then you let me know you have something & i'll arrange to upload it to youtube anonymously, & link it up etc. We'll soon be able to name & shame, and i'm sure the school's admin will act before their reputation is tarnished.

Don't even think about doing this if you want to stay a member of the forum.

smithandwesson - you have written a grand total of 15 posts as I write this and are shooting from the hip.

No more of that from you thank you.

No, it's not a democracy.

LG

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Bad behaviour by some of the on lookers at footy games (all over oz) is part and parcel on the games like it or not.
However, look overseas at hooligan behaviour at other sports matches and you may gain some perspective.

Personally outing over zealous teenagers and young men for minor infractions won't achieve anything good.
And lets face it, GPS boys and men in general have high expectations of behaviour and by society's standards do pretty well.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Bad behaviour by some of the on lookers at footy games (all over oz) is part and parcel on the games like it or not.
However, look overseas at hooligan behaviour at other sports matches and you may gain some perspective.

Personally outing over zealous teenagers and young men for minor infractions won't achieve anything good.
And lets face it, GPS boys and men in general have high expectations of behaviour and by society's standards do pretty well.
We should not measure ourselves against the industry standards because there are some right "Royal" hooligan's out there but rather what we would expect from two competitive schoolboy teams and their supporters. There is a line and people should be pulled up before it is crossed, seen too many fights off the field because of it.

thefrontrow

Frank Row (1)
Shore were beaten before they ran on last weekend,they seemed totally in awe of the Scots top guns,who really came out firing from the kick off. Scots defencive line speed was superb and the Shore inside backs couldn't cope and had no plan B or C or D to combat this.
Shore needs some dramatic changes to their back-line, too many players out of normal positions and seemingly no attacking options at all when attacking in the opposition 22.Too many backs miss one on one tackles, and the other schools seem to know the weak links.
The Shore forwards are small but gutsy but struggle to get good go forward ball early in the games,but come good later when the bigger packs Tire. Unfortunately the backs are then unable to get their act together.As "CrackerJack" says they cant even get the ball along the back-line to the winger with simple passing.Sam Allen needs to come up from 2nds, a good strong runner and defender at 13 , Corbett is a natural winger, 10 is a problem position. The half back Haskins has been super in a beaten team.#8 Doyle and #6 Bragg are standouts in the forward pack but need more support from the other forwards who played last year.A long season ahead for the industrious and enthusiatic Shore boys.
ONE very disappointing thing on the sideline was the abuse of the Scots boys on the Eastern side of the ground abusing individual Shore boys playing in the Firsts.
It was a disgrace and no one from the Scots School did anything to stop them.
This is totally against the spirit of GPS rugby and should be stamped out immediately. It reeks of arrogance and and poor leadership by the teachers and Prefects.
It doesn't help when one of there better players Prindiville stands next to the opposition hooker throwing the ball in yelling constant abuse at the player to put him off ..Really? a team this good and it is necessary to lower themselves to these low standards of conduct. Time the coaches had a word about this behaviour or some one had a word to the coaches.
A pity it ruined a great display of football by the Scots team

I think you may be taking this a bit too seriously after all its only GPS rugby not the world cup, the shore 1 XV have a lot of boys in their team who associate closely to the scots boys, and funnily enough, a lot of them were saying how funny the banter was on the sideline. It happens week in and week out in GPS, hence why no one did anything to stop it... i think maybe next time you should consider that a lot of the people on the sideline are close to the players on the field. and to target Prindiville for what you say 'abusing' the hooker, he was simply trying to throw him off his game, it happens at every level of the game... let the supporters get into the thick of it if they want too, having been on the sideline as well people know when it goes too far...

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
A quick search of the internet will provide the hairdressers on this thread with the reasons why we even allow them on the field of play..

You may ask, why wingers? The answer is simple. Because these were players who had very little ability and were the lowest in the backline pecking order, they were placed as far away from the ball as possible.

Azzuri, I thought I had dealt with these demons that once haunted me. Now you bring back the horrible memories from a tormented childhood. My first games (at least it was league), all of about 5 years old. Yes banished to the wing for being absolutely useless.

It wasn't until some time later that the ugly duckling turned into the most beautiful and majestic thing imaginable on a Rugby field, the Tight Head Prop.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Azzuri, I thought I had dealt with these demons that once haunted me. Now you bring back the horrible memories from a tormented childhood. My first games (at least it was league), all of about 5 years old. Yes banished to the wing for being absolutely useless.

It wasn't until some time later that the ugly duckling turned into the most beautiful and majestic thing imaginable on a Rugby field, the Tight Head Prop.

@NIS your secret is safe with me..... the fact is you are one of the chosen few who evolved from the primordial ooze of numbers 9-15 into the top echelon of the rugby food chain. Congratulations on having become a fully fledged member of rugby's holy trinity.

You may now use the post nominal of "MB" - Majestic Beast

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
At least the forwards don't nick your hair product....

Tips for this week:

N, S, J (although would love View to beat Scots).

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Unless I am mistaken scots results versus shore were pretty solid ... And the 3rd term 15as had a particularly good result.

Can't see joeys being troubled by any shore team.... Altgh that isn't this week

Begs the question why isn't shore rugby stronger? Jika would not be happy !

there are such strong junior clubs on the north shore, like lindfield, Gordon, ...and yet doesn't seem to help. ...

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Your right, Jika would not be happy. He used to claim Shore to be the biggest rugby club in the world, fielding more teams than any club,/school in the world. That record may fall to Joeys now.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Unless I am mistaken scots results versus shore were pretty solid . And the 3rd term 15as had a particularly good result.

Can't see joeys being troubled by any shore team.. Altgh that isn't this week

there are such strong junior clubs on the north shore, like lindfield, Gordon, .and yet doesn't seem to help. .

Not everyone from the north shore goes to Shore - Riverview get just as many north shore boys.

The big difference with Shore is that it's very much a closed gene pool in terms of enrolments.

loiterer

Sydney Middleton (9)
Unless I am mistaken scots results versus shore were pretty solid . And the 3rd term 15as had a particularly good result.

Can't see joeys being troubled by any shore team.. Altgh that isn't this week

there are such strong junior clubs on the north shore, like lindfield, Gordon, .and yet doesn't seem to help. .

The shore kids don't seem to play in those clubs or rep teams. Many of those clubs have more boys at Riverview and Newington or Knox and Barker. A kid playing club rugby & school will play 3 times as much as a kid playing school alone. A kid playing district, as well, will play 4 times as much. Over time that leads higher skills, fitness etc

I have heard that they are not particularly good at selecting their teams in year 7. Leading to some of the kids being discouraged because they have been chosen for a low team and others because they are out of their depth. They don't appear to offer sporting scholarships and they don't seem to pick potential students on the basis of rugby talent (hard to do when so many are less than 12 months old when accepted onto waiting list).

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
The shore kids don't seem to play in those clubs or rep teams. Many of those clubs have more boys at Riverview and Newington or Knox and Barker. A kid playing club rugby & school will play 3 times as much as a kid playing school alone. A kid playing district, as well, will play 4 times as much. Over time that leads higher skills, fitness etc

I have heard that they are not particularly good at selecting their teams in year 7. Leading to some of the kids being discouraged because they have been chosen for a low team and others because they are out of their depth. They don't appear to offer sporting scholarships and they don't seem to pick potential students on the basis of rugby talent (hard to do when so many are less than 12 months old when accepted onto waiting list).
Can confirm Shore don't do sporting scholarships as is against the code of the Great Public Schools. Can't comment for the others. ( at least not on this thread)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Some rather convenient (or short) memories on here: I well recall a season in which Shore won only 1 game and finished stone motherless at a time when said Jika was the headmaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom