• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
What a cracker of game it was out at Bellevue Hill yesterday, really entertaining with some unbelievable tries. I don't think Riverview should be discouraged after this loss, despite some ugly patches in defence, they really picked up their game throughout the second half, and for a bit the Scots boys were complacent and dropped their heads.Confidence should be high going into their huge clash with Newington next week.
The try late into extra time by Riverview was quite possibly one of the best Schoolboy Rugby try's I have ever seen, amazing skill and ball handling from all to finish with Scott (#8) crossing the line. Ultimately, the Scots juggernaut proved too much with all of their star players playing very well. Scots seem like the only team at the moment that can put a stop to the Newington superpower, who seem to be hitting on all cylinders coming into the halfway point of the comp.

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
Scots seem like the only team at the moment that can put a stop to the Newington superpower, who seem to be hitting on all cylinders coming into the halfway point of the comp.

This has been said by quite the number of people on this forum recently, so I'm not singling you out Byron. But have people really forgotten already how close the Newington vs Joeys game was? Bearing in mind that Round 8 will be a re-match between the teams at Joeys?

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
This has been said by quite the number of people on this forum recently, so I'm not singling you out Byron. But have people really forgotten already how close the Newington vs Joeys game was? Bearing in mind that Round 8 will be a re-match between the teams at Joeys?

100% agree, Joeys at their best are a very good team, and can be hard to stop themselves. For now, I still think it's anyone's comp to win.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)

Have heard about round 8 clash a few times too but still don't understand significance of a Joeys victory apart from possibly handing Scots a joint premiership. Oh. And i reckon it should be a top game too. Am i missing something? :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2015 AAGPS Draw and Results for 1st XV, 2nd XV, and 3rd XV games

Round 1 30 May 15
1st XV – K 21 def E 7, S 14 def by N 27, J 45 def I 12
2nd XV – K 27 def E 7, S 19 def by N 27, J 24 def I 0
3rd XV -Trial 2 – K 24 def E 10, S 24 def H 0, J 29 def I 10, N 7 def by A 35, G Bye
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Results-Round-1-20151.pdf

Round 2 13 Jun 15
1st XV – E 17 def by I 22, J 15 def by S 21, K 7 def by N 36
2nd XV – E 14 drew with I 14, J 14 def S 10, K 17 def N 5
3rd XV – Round 1 – E 5 def by I 7, N 5 def by S 24, K 15 def by G 33, A 47 def H 10, J Bye
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Results-Round-2-2015.pdf

Round 3 18 Jul 15
1st – E 15 def by S 43, N 26 def J 23, I 36 def K 26
2nd XV – E 14 drew with S 14, N 10 def J 5, I 14 def K 0
3rd XV – Round 2 – E 3 def A 0, I 14 def by S 24, G 0 def by J 38, N 28 def H 5, K Bye
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Results-Round-3-2015.pdf

Round 4 25 Jul 15
1st XV – N 43 def E 17, S 36 def I 26, K 12 def by J 47
2nd XV – N 18 def E 17, S 0 def by I 15, K 17 def by J 19
3rd XV – Round 3 – K 21 def by E 22, S 7 def by G 10, H def by J (no scores reported but believed to be H 0 def by J 61), A 26 def I 5, N Bye
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Results-Round-4-2015.pdf

1st XV Table
N - 8 pts, S - 6 pts, J - 4 pts, I - 4 pts, K - 2 pts, E - 0 pts
2nd XV Table
J - 6 pts, N - 6 pts, I - 5 pts, K - 4 pts, E - 2 pts, S - 1 pt
3rd XV Table
J - 4 pts, S - 4 pts, A - 4 pts, G - 4 pts, E - 4 pts, I - 2 pts, N - 2 pts, K - 0 pts, H - 0 pts

To come
Round 5 1 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – J v E, S v K, I v N
3rd XV – Round 4 – G v E, J v S, N v A, H v K, I Bye

Round 6 8 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v K, N v S, I v J
3rd XV – Round 5 – S v H, I v J, G v N, A v K, E Bye

Round 7 15 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – I v E, S v J, N v K
3rd XV – Round 6 – H v E, A v J, N v K, I v G, S Bye

Round 8 22 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – S v E, J v N, K v I
3rd XV – Round 7 – S v E, J v N, K v I, G v A, H Bye

Round 9 29 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v N, I v S, J v K
3rd XV – Round 8 – E v N, S v A, J v K, I v H, G Bye

Round 10 5 Sep 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v J, K v S, N v I
3rd XV – Round 9 – E v J, K v S, N v I, G v H, A Bye

http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/upcoming-fixtures/

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 5 1 Aug 15

Hugh's Tips
1st XV - J, S, N
3rd XV - G, J, A, K

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Round 5 1 Aug 15

Hugh's Tips
1st XV - J, S, N
3rd XV - G, J, A, K

I don't feel at all comfortable about NvA. This is the first match I might actually be able to get to this year!

rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
I don't feel at all comfortable about NvA. This is the first match I might actually be able to get to this year!
Jim,
Joeys 3rd will be a lot stronger this week
Last week against High they had four backs out ( 1/2, 5/8, Centre and Wing) to cover injuries to 2nd's team

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I don't think so, LG. They are showing as two wins, one bye. I tried to check the trials, but couldn't spot anything beyond a TAS loss to Newington.

Ah - the penny drops - I saw the result on the scoreboard when I arrived and assumed "Visitor" was Joeys.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
sidesteppa has added his 30 min video highlights of Newington v Shore in "Discussion" in the weekend blog here:
Thank you sidesteppa.
Pleasure. It's best watched on the blog [for optimum size], watch in HD if you can. Newington went 5-0 up before Shore even touched the ball. I saw it happen last year too when Scots bt Kings, although on that occasion Kings did touch it briefly when they kicked off.

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
Jim it will depend on if the N 3's train this week the ovals apart for the main oval are in shuch bad condition that any rain will put a stop to that and as they only train 2 times a week at the best of times.

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
Shore can expect another hiding this week if they start slowly again as they have the last two games.The Shore backs didn't see the ball the first 20 mins,and had hardly any at all the first half. However the Newington mid- field (10,12 ,13) found little resistance mid field and strolled through their opposite numbers with ease,hence the 33 point score line at half time.
A severe blasting from the coaches fired up the boys as they stepped up their defence to stop the bleeding. However New's big forwards do tire towards the end of the game,and allowed the smaller faster Shore pack to finally get some decent ball to the backs, who looked good when the fullback was running into the back line.
Shore have major selection problems in my view and need to change several positions and players. Newington on the other hand were great to watch,well drilled with good structure i can see why they are unbeaten.
It is easy to see the positive influence Rob Edgerton is having as head of Rugby as all 3 Newington teams are playing quality football.
However Scots are now firing maybe they were overconfident at the start of the year ,but they have turned it on the past two weeks to show what they can do.The New v Scots game in two weeks will be the Game of the year.Neither side will be intimidated by the other and with all the quality players on board it should be a GPS classic.Joeys are close to these two but look like a Bronze Medalist at this stage. Unfortunately they rely too much on Tom Wright to score the points,which he is very good at!
An interesting point in the game was the son of Simon Poidevin played as a replacement for the injured #7 Campbell Clifford,however the proud father did see his son sin binned for a trip during the game.New actually had two yellow cards ,which makes the win more comprehensive .

Status
Not open for further replies.