• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
What are people predicting for the Kings v Stannies game, never seen stannies play?

Hi there Nateellis, now look although i haven't seen the two sides clash before i am almost certain that kings will be the breakthrough side to defeat this stannies force. One would only assume that the key players for Kings will stem through there forward pack, boasting quite an experienced second row and some dynamic flankers brought up through the 16A's program which i believe were quite successful last year. Although stannies did beat iggies, and they did put up quite a formidable fight, (McGregor being the star player), the boys in blue weren't able to do enough to gain a win over the mountain. However looking towards this saturday i am sure that TKS can provide a very much needed win and start their gps season on a high.

Colin Windon

Herbert Moran (7)
Stannies vs Kings is always a willing tussle. The trip to Bathurst is usually associated with the first frost of the year and is a "welcome to winter" event. No real form line to predict a result but generally Kings comes home the winners with some sore bodies from hard boned bush boys who love their rugby and sticking it up the city boys (many of whom have country roots).

Good luck to both teams and pack some winter woollies.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Please i still don't understand what the pathways program is, could you please explain ebolainspector

many thanks,
MDM

My understanding is that Pathways is not repeating Yr 12, it is doing Yr 12 over two years e.g. three subjects each year.
This allows the younger child in the year, applicable to males and females, to pursue their interest in an elite extra-curricular activity (rugby, dance, piano, whichever it might be).
When they finish Yr 12 in the second year they are the same age as the bulk of the rest of the year.
It is more common in private schools but there would be some public school kids doing it, perhaps an elite golfer, or gymnast or such.

bow seat

Frank Nicholson (4)
I believe he played 16As but also got dropped to the Bs with his brother Gregory

I believe Gregory was quite the player like his brother, shame he never got the chance to play in the A's. On another note any look on the line up of the 1sts Scots team this year?

bow seat

Frank Nicholson (4)
guys i think this is an appropriate apology from ebolainspector, i know his posts were somewhat vile, but i think he deserves a second chance. Just remember as the old saying goes, "A piece of nectar is a heavy thing to carry".

That's an interesting point you have there Nectarphiliac, could you perhaps elaborate on the origins of this so called "old saying" ?

S'UP

Bill Watson (15)
My understanding is that Pathways is not repeating Yr 12, it is doing Yr 12 over two years e.g. three subjects each year.
This allows the younger child in the year, applicable to males and females, to pursue their interest in an elite extra-curricular activity (rugby, dance, piano, whichever it might be).
When they finish Yr 12 in the second year they are the same age as the bulk of the rest of the year.
It is more common in private schools but there would be some public school kids doing it, perhaps an elite golfer, or gymnast or such.

you are correct except that pathways can be done over 5 years if you want.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
except there's a minimum subject load if you want to compete in a GPS sport

So would i be right in saying a student could do Maths, English, Biology (6units) in his first year, then Economics and Modern History (4units) in his second year? Would he also be able to choose to repeat a subject if he performed poorly in it?

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
So would i be right in saying a student could do Maths, English, Biology (6units) in his first year, then Economics and Modern History (4units) in his second year? Would he also be able to choose to repeat a subject if he performed poorly in it?

Lets just focus on the rugby and assume that there are a few boys doing pathways. If you want more information, ask your school teacher.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
What BS. You write like a 17 yr old trying to imitate how you think a 40 year would write. A simple check on your email address might confirm this.

But as I said, let's write about the Rugby not this rubbish.

My email address is very sentimental to me, if you are making fun of it or my beliefs than this is the wrong forum for you.

But yes, let's just write about the Rugby please.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
sheez the quality of GPS thread is heading South ... don't know that I can do much to help/change

I must say I find it staggering that this weekend Joeys lists teams down to the 13ths, while I believe Scots is down to the 8ths

surely Joeys are due a premiership in 2015

the oakhill match will be a good indicator

In any event, my hair-brain idea ... just to keep with the jeuvinile theme ... amalgamate Grammar and High ... or better still always thought High could have a selective sports stream, bolted on ... bring back the Sydney High glory days, when they matched it with the toffs

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Ladies and Gents, it is the eve before the big blockbuster as Newington face their battle with Toowoomba, any thoughts or predictions? I am keen to see how the newnigton forwards perform, especially their second rowers and flankers.

MDM

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
I see Joeys were done by a good oak hill team.

What I don't get, at least over the last several years, is how complete dominance across 90% of joeys teams doesn't translate to success at the top grade

Oak hill has 6 teams in the opens to joeys 13

It must be something joeys isn't doing as opposed to something they are doing?!

Take for example joeys doesn't seem to do tours, the trial match process how does that work ... The athletes just swan into their pre ordained spots?

Not sure but must be some change needed ... Otherwise be same result.

Either way think this years comp is going to be a great one ... With scots not to be as dominant as they were in 2014 imho

Status
Not open for further replies.