• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyRanley

Bob McCowan (2)
The real reason was cameron fazzari was in the 3rds was because he injured through-out the holidays and didn't train until two days before the game on Saturday

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Including a world class sledge at game's end;)
To be fair grammar are decimated with injuries and I reckon this to be the best Joeys 3rd XV side they have fielded in the 3 years of this comp + a GPS front row rep down from SJC 1st XV cant have hurt.
Im picking SJC to win 3rds and a close tussle between everyone else.

You may be right, although Scots is in front at present on points. Behind them, we currently have six teams on 2. Maybe SJC vs Scots? But I'm not ruling out my old school (TAS) yet. With any luck it should be a very good comp.

I couldn't resist this comment, however. Now that TAS is going coed, anybody for netball? Mind you, since eldest started playing netball all those years ago, I have become quite addicted. Ditto for hockey where youngest was goalie. Yes, before I'm beaten around the head, I know that this is off topic!

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Does anyone have word on why Wright was playing Outside Centre yesterday for Joeys? Possibly to combat Kennewell?
Wright is a fantastic attacking player, but if you wanted to combat Kennewell you would want a rock solid defender and I'm not sure Wright would be your optimum choice.

rugbycheersquad

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hi Jim
I am the mother of a year 12 GPS boy who is currently playing in the 3rds. I don't say a lot on the forum though I do read it fairly assiduously, and have done so for probably about seven years.

I love your netball idea, also a keen fan of netball, my mum, my daughter and myself were all members of the NSW Swifts this year, and enjoyed the game greatly at every home game (and the aways and the repeats on the telly). She plays club though, in Sydney at the private schools, it really can't compete in terms of development and opportunity (umpiring, assistant coaching and coaching). Private girls' schools currently only offer a sport for a term (except for rowing (the full season), gymnastics and athletics (all year), which is great to get them to try something, but not so great for development. I believe a change is on the horizon though.

I don't have enough posts to start a new thread.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Wright is a fantastic attacking player, but if you wanted to combat Kennewell you would want a rock solid defender and I'm not sure Wright would be your optimum choice.

I would say that Wright moving to 13 is for a couple of reasons. The main one is that Eddie King ( the regular 13 ) is now out for the year with a broken jaw, and secondly it does serve the purpose of getting Wright into space more easily. I agree they wouldn't put Wright there to specifically counter Kennewell as a defender, but it will serve a purpose for the rest of the season. Lets see if they leave it that way.

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
I would say that Wright moving to 13 is for a couple of reasons. The main one is that Eddie King ( the regular 13 ) is now out for the year with a broken jaw, and secondly it does serve the purpose of getting Wright into space more easily. I agree they wouldn't put Wright there to specifically counter Kennewell as a defender, but it will serve a purpose for the rest of the season. Lets see if they leave it that way.

My sources tell me that King should be back within the next couple of weeks.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You may be right, although Scots is in front at present on points. Behind them, we currently have six teams on 2. Maybe SJC vs Scots? But I'm not ruling out my old school (TAS) yet. With any luck it should be a very good comp.

I couldn't resist this comment, however. Now that TAS is going coed, anybody for netball? Mind you, since eldest started playing netball all those years ago, I have become quite addicted. Ditto for hockey where youngest was goalie. Yes, before I'm beaten around the head, I know that this is off topic!

I prefer it to basket ball and there's a certain attraction in the players which I dare not mention for fear of being called sexist but every play seems and invitation to rupturing an ACL or rolling ankle - don't think they get the far more trendy syndesmosis.
I'll review my prediction after I see Scots this week.

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)

Let's hope some schools do not stuff this comp. up by stacking their thirds teams. It is thirds so that all teams are reasonably even. Dropping players to thirds to strengthen their team only ruins the concept.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
A under 15 sydney rep player, and an under 15 nsw player . Playing in 3rds!

And because he didn't train?! Do props ever train?!
I was of the understanding that you cannot play opens rugby as an eligible u15 player. It is against the ARU policy and also against common sense to take u 15 boys into the 3rds. I've seen lots of 16's go up to 1sts or 2nds, but never to the 3rds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoyRanley

Bob McCowan (2)
I was of the understanding that you cannot play opens rugby as an eligible u15 player. It is against the ARU policy and also against common sense to take u 15 boys into the 3rds. I've seen lots of 16's go up to 1sts or 2nds, but never to the 3rds.

Hes 17 now

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

I think it was a reference to his past not his present.
But the ARU can give a dispensation up to a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.