• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
In game against View, Joeys 1st half 5-18; second half 28-5.

Don't forget that Joeys only lost to New by 3 in last 3 minutes of the game. These are all close games where goal kicking is often the key.

Tips:

View by 5 tries
Joeys by 7
Kings by 3 - putting my joker on!

tight hamstring

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yes Joeys won the second half 28-5 but intercept and dropped ball ( 14 points ) in the last 2 minutes cost View the game . However Joeys play tough and are the most likely to cause an upset against Scots and New.

The hierarchy for this year has been pretty clear from day one with Scots and New in the top tier , Joeys next followed by View , Kings and then Shore in that order . Results have followed the script pretty accurately .

Scots are the only side View have played ( save for aberration against Joeys in round one ) where View were dominated and never in it . I was mildly surprised they didn't beat New last round .

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
I see on other GGR threads the minions are saying the move of Athletics until after rugby season (2016), is going to see the GPS powerhouses playing LESS cross code (ISA, CAS) games . not MORE

that would be a shame . as I had hoped for the opposite

with CAS and ISA seasons done and dusted . the results indicate Knox and St Auggies are the big powerhouses . St Auggies only lost the 1sts Comp (to Oakhill) and won every other A and B team . and Knox was much the same (I believe only failing in 13As)

so the SDW's illegitimate Sydney school Tier 1 rugby rankings

1. Joeys
2. St Augustines
3. Knox
4. Scots (maybe below Riverview, depending on weighting to 1sts xV ?)
5. Riverview
6. Newington
7. Kings
8. Waverley/Oakhill [1 to fall to Tier 2]

Now that would be a competition
What are the metrics for ranking. After the clear void between gps and cas demonstrated in the schools championship and the GPS 16's also won their fixtures, the huge number of AAGPS players that made Aust schools, and just 1 cas player making barbarians, how does Knox rate ahead of the Newington, Scots or even Riverview for that matter. Just interested to see how it's calculated. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Yes Joeys won the second half 28-5 but intercept and dropped ball ( 14 points ) in the last 2 minutes cost View the game . However Joeys play tough and are the most likely to cause an upset against Scots and New.

The hierarchy for this year has been pretty clear from day one with Scots and New in the top tier , Joeys next followed by View , Kings and then Shore in that order . Results have followed the script pretty accurately .

Scots are the only side View have played ( save for aberration against Joeys in round one ) where View were dominated and never in it . I was mildly surprised they didn't beat New last round .

Don't intercept tries count anymore? That is truly a one-sided view of the world. And if one team drops the ball, surely the other team can pick it up and score? In schoolboy rugby (and rugby generally) that is how many tries are scored - through capitalising on errors.

View aren't finishing well in the second half if you look at all the match reports. In Round 1 vs Joeys they were up 12-9 at half time, and 18-5 up on Saturday. To have 33 points and 28 points put on the second half suggests something is amiss even if you won't concede domination.

tight hamstring

Frank Nicholson (4)
Calm down , my point is that Joeys 28-5 second half was not as impressive as it sounds , not that the real score was only 14-5 in the second half .

Joeys did not dominate View on Saturday , even objective Joeys supporters would concede that . Only Scots have done so.

Joeys are off the pace ( not by much ) as against Scots and New but , and I thought I made this clear , they are the most likely to cause an upset . Feel better now ?

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Totally agree. The intercept try right or wrong was scored with the referee with his back to the Joeys defensive line, the first joeys player he saw was the 8 in the view attacking line. Even the most one eyed joeys supporters have recognised that their last try came with a huge knock on and a push in the back of the view defender to stop him from getting the ball. I wouldn't be overly excited by Joeys scoring performance in the second half either. They're a good side and capable of beating both Scots and Newington, but let's not carried away.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Cry me a river boys. I will watch the video replay and get back to you on that. I am sure there was a try scored when the View boy was well in front of the kicker….must have been the same blind ref. He clearly had a shocker with so many infringements going unnoticed.

If you want to help your team, I would look at the poor finishing from View, they had the foot on the jugular at half time but let it slip away. And poor kicking with 1 from 5 didn't help either. That is uncharacteristic but costly at this point in the season.

And I want View to beat both Scots and New ;)

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
What are the metrics for ranking. After the clear void between gps and cas demonstrated in the schools championship and the GPS 16's also won their fixtures, the huge number of AAGPS players that made Aust schools, and just 1 cas player making barbarians, how does Knox rate ahead of the Newington, Scots or even Riverview for that matter. Just interested to see how it's calculated. ?

SDW pulled it from a dark place somewhere deep from between his own buttocks.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
I have nothing to do with their preparations , as I imagine you have no influence over Joeys, so the help your team comment is lost on me? just stating facts. Actually view nearly ran Newington down in the back end of the game and out scored Scots in the second half, so your suggestions are I'll informed , but hey don't let facts get in the way of a good story.?

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
actually I penned it on a bit of dunny paper that I had stolen from Queens Park

the roughest toilet paper known to man

I was sitting in the rafters at Homebush, wondering why my seat didn't include oxygen ... after all friggin cost me $150

I couldn't tell any of the players apart ... will skelton was like a tiny figure

anyway Wayne Barnes was strangling the game .. I believe it was 6-3

and I was onto my 4th beer, as I was smart enough to get myself a tray of 4 ... and wasn't going to line up

anyway it was highly scientific and based on 45 years of uninterrupted schoolboy rugby viewing ... unlike someone else, I don't even break for showers or toilet breaks ...

so yeah it is pretty much as good as the Federal budget numbers

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Ah....Tahspark.
Wonderful to see your partisan enthusiasm......trust me it will be 20 points at the very least...........I'll be by the Bellevue Hill barbecue at the end of the game with a large slice of 'piping hot' humble pie for you to consume......unless of course the unthinkable happens.......I prefer to eat my humble pie alone....;)

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
I have nothing to do with their preparations , as I imagine you have no influence over Joeys, so the help your team comment is lost on me? just stating facts. Actually view nearly ran Newington down in the back end of the game and out scored Scots in the second half, so your suggestions are I'll informed , but hey don't let facts get in the way of a good story.?

1 from 5 isn't accurate? The jugular comment was directed at the Joeys games.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Ah..Tahspark.
Wonderful to see your partisan enthusiasm..trust me it will be 20 points at the very least.....I'll be by the Bellevue Hill barbecue at the end of the game with a large slice of 'piping hot' humble pie for you to consume..unless of course the unthinkable happens...I prefer to eat my humble pie alone..;)
They are God awful pies, I've eaten way too many this season.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
I'm sure the view kicker is disappointed, especially as he was the leading kicker in the gps last year according to the stats on this web last year. A few more from in front might help with his confidence. But agree, kicking the trickier ones builds pressure on the score board.

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
There's a lot of truths, half truths and occasional facts being spurted out here but all I'm reading is that this week, anyone can win. FYI i'm all cerise but this comp is a great one. Especially the 3rds, imho is the game of the day.

bow seat

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think one interesting point we all may have missed is the exciting seconds competition with Newington and joeys both on top with one loss each, could be interesting to see how this one plays out. The game out at hunters hill in a few weeks between the 2nds comps leaders will decide the fate, can't wait

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
I think one interesting point we all may have missed is the exciting seconds competition with Newington and joeys both on top with one loss each, could be interesting to see how this one plays out. The game out at hunters hill in a few weeks between the 2nds comps leaders will decide the fate, can't wait
Great comp, the schools are so much closer. shore very unluckly not to have a share of the lead. With very close games with both New and Joeys.

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
[quote="Rugby Mum 2, post: 774753, member: 8003

View aren't finishing well in the second half if you look at all the match reports. In Round 1 vs Joeys they were up 12-9 at half time, and 18-5 up on Saturday. To have 33 points and 28 points put on the second half suggests something is amiss even if you won't concede domination.

And it is not just the 1sts...Joeys were much fitter on the weekend and finished over the top in several games where riverview had lead at some stage.

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)

And the interesting stat is where is Scots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom