• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
They are God awful pies, I've eaten way too many this season.

SHORE V KINGS Meat Pie Report

While we are talking pies I must pay the canteen supplier at Shore the ultimate compliment. There is no doubt that the pies served at Shore home games are THE BEST PIES in the AAGPS....nothing, but nothing, comes close.

Their meat pies dominate the NSW AAGPS game day food landscape like a team of 15 rabid front rowers looking for the rule maker who keeps changing the scrum laws. They trample the competition like a herd of outside backs at a Jimmy Choo shoe sale. They ruck the pretenders out the back of the ruck and into the grandstands. They kick drop goals from the sideline into a stiff southerly, 75 meters out....They are just that good!

The Shore mums that run the show should be recognized for Conspicuous Service to Rugby Tucker in the next Australia Day honors list.

Not satisfied with pushing the usually soggy, faux pastry encased cup of rendered chicken lips and toenails offered by the competition, Shore have taken their pie pushing duties seriously.

Their flaky, dome topped extravaganzas are served at exactly the right temperature....the pastry is a beautifully crafted "al dente" hand sized basket of goodness, with wonderfully balanced flavours and chock full of prime beef with a hint of chopped tomato and onion all swimming in traditional gravy rather than the boiled football jumpers and slow half backs gravy their competition use.

For those religiously inclined the Shore meat pie will replace the communion wafer when you go to heaven or Pope Frank finds out about them; which ever comes first! ......And also with you.......CHOMP!

If your team is struggling to secure a meat pie on the field at their next hit out against Shore then head to the Canteen and look one of the helpful ladies behind the counter in the eye and say.... "Azzuri sent me, I'd like a big mouthful of heaven."....

BTW ....suggest you try not to drool....its unbecoming.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Shore mums that run the show should be recognized for Conspicuous Service to Rugby Tucker .....

Not satisfied with pushing the usually soggy, faux pastry encased cup of rendered chicken lips and toenails offered by the competition, Shore have taken their pie pushing duties seriously.

The pies obviously aren't subject to oversight of Bill Pull-over, Roger Corburp, or Nick-Farr Gone ... otherwise prices would be higher, quality lower and meat content non-existent ... and of course it will be all under the green banner of Woollies, earning you those prized everypay reward points ... redeemable only at the Shore Canteen between the hours of 7 and 7:15 am

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Shore mums that run the show should be recognized for Conspicuous Service to Rugby Tucker ...

The pies obviously aren't subject to oversight of Bill Pull-over, Roger Corburp, or Nick-Farr Gone . otherwise prices would be higher, quality lower and meat content non-existent . and of course it will be all under the green banner of Woollies, earning you those prized everypay reward points . redeemable only at the Shore Canteen between the hours of 7 and 7:15 am

The ONLY " pies" coming out of the Fields of Northbridge are from the canteen. the poor first XV couldn't score at training the way they played last week against Kings.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
The ONLY " pies" coming out of the Fields of Northbridge are from the canteen. the poor first XV couldn't score at training the way they played last week against Kings.

This week will be harder - another four players out from last weeks starting line-up. Now only seven players left from starting side that ran on in round 1 of the competition (4 forwards, 3 backs).

Good luck to those lads getting an opportunity and hopefully Shore can repeat last year's effort and pull off an upset.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Give Kings some credit. They were more dominant on Saturday than other side Shore has faced.

Newington beware. You have been warned.

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
Give Kings some credit. They were more dominant on Saturday than other side Shore has faced.

Newington beware. You have been warned.

A given Kings totally out classed a weakened and poorly structured Shore Team , and were a pleasure to watch.They are a very well drilled and balanced team with no big name superstars( although the #8 Pietch is close ) ,with class across the paddock with no weaknesses. However i doubt whether they are anywhere near the teams of Scots and Newington. Both those teams gave them far more grief than Kings. i hope i am wrong as we need all schools to be competitive.Unfortunately as most schools are improving as the season goes on the Shore team is going backwards.They still haven't plugged their mid field defensive problems,so McGregor could have a field day this weekend.The inclusion of 2nds half back and captain Oscar Lane may add some maturity and leadership to the team, also due to injury Sheehan is up also at fullback and Patrick moved to 13. Winger Gregory and Patrick at full back topped last weeks tackle count,so shows lots of tackles are being missed up front.The backrow was non existent at the breakdown last week apart from 7 Ben Reader who was a lone ranger .Shore are going to have to play harder and smarter to survive another thrashing.A classic Shore muck up last week while one of the few times they were attacking in the opposition 22 with a full back line in play ready to pounce with good go forward ball,the ref put his arm out for advantage to Shore , so in a great attacking position the 5/8 purposely dropped the ball to get a penalty.... SO they then kick for touch AND lose the line-out! Go Figure. I can only assume the coaches have so little faith in the backline ,they feel they can only score from a rolling maul.One of Shore fathers on the sideline suggested Shores idea of 15 man rugby is to take it off the back of the ruck and drive 15 times!
So View by plenty,.. New by 20 and Scots in a close one.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
In game against View, Joeys 1st half 5-18; second half 28-5.

Don't forget that Joeys only lost to New by 3 in last 3 minutes of the game. These are all close games where goal kicking is often the key.

Tips:

View by 5 tries
Joeys by 7
Kings by 3 - putting my joker on!

Tipping Kings against Newington? Are you feeling alright at the moment? Your going to tip against an undefeated side at home. Quite frankly I'm questioning your intelligence.

Newington by a lot
View by a lot
Scots by a little

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
In game against View, Joeys 1st half 5-18; second half 28-5.

Don't forget that Joeys only lost to New by 3 in last 3 minutes of the game. These are all close games where goal kicking is often the key.

Tips:

View by 5 tries
Joeys by 7
Kings by 3 - putting my joker on!

Good on you RM2 for swimming against the brown tide.......and just to consolidate your predictions I've also included the 3 point win to Kings in my preview of the Kings V New game which will be posted to schoolboy page either late tonight or tomorrow.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Good on you RM2 for swimming against the brown tide...and just to consolidate your predictions I've also included the 3 point win to Kings in my preview of the Kings V New game which will be posted to schoolboy page either late tonight or tomorrow.
Trust that someone is baking some pies. Because there will be some consumed.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Tipping Kings against Newington? Are you feeling alright at the moment? Your going to tip against an undefeated side at home. Quite frankly I'm questioning your intelligence.

Newington by a lot
View by a lot
Scots by a little

You would do that at your peril…..you young whippersnapper. Complacency is an interesting thing in sport and with all the mental prep for the Scots game, the season looking almost done and dusted, you never know your luck. And besides, I really want Kings to win. And I want Shore to win for the good of the game.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Trust that someone is baking some pies. Because there will be some consumed.

I'm afraid that New's version of the humble "rats coffin" may be hopelessly underwhelming compared to the Shore benchmark.

I will of course be providing a balanced game day pie review....on Monday next week.

Psssttt....don't tell anyone but I've previously been to a small corner cafe on Stanmore Road about 300 meters down the hill from New that used to make their own pies. (not sure if the cafe is still there as I'm only in the area twice a year).

If they've started making pies for New games Shore could be in for a fight on the P.O.T.Y line honors,

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Near full footage of the New/Scots 17-all draw last weekend. LJ, feel free to link it to the excellent match report blog. Was a very blowy day so quite a lot of wind distortion picked up on the mike, as well as the regulation overhead aircraft noise, but still couldn't obscure those goddam bagpipes.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
This week will be harder - another four players out from last weeks starting line-up. Now only seven players left from starting side that ran on in round 1 of the competition (4 forwards, 3 backs).

Good luck to those lads getting an opportunity and hopefully Shore can repeat last year's effort and pull off an upset.
Hopefully these boys make the most of the opportunity and give View a shake.

But the problem is losing both second rowers. Shore will lose some size.

Even I am not too optimistic about Shores chances. But I am looking forward to seeing how the backs go with these changes. Hope Hamish Sheahan sees a bit of ball and plenty of space.

I'm afraid that New's version of the humble "rats coffin" may be hopelessly underwhelming compared to the Shore benchmark.

I will of course be providing a balanced game day pie review..on Monday next week.

Psssttt..don't tell anyone but I've previously been to a small corner cafe on Stanmore Road about 300 meters down the hill from New that used to make their own pies. (not sure if the cafe is still there as I'm only in the area twice a year).

If they've started making pies for New games Shore could be in for a fight on the P.O.T.Y line honors,

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
In-form 2's stand out performer Oliver Smeallie will get a chance in the 1's this week for view. Came on in the second half vs Joeys and backed himself a nice meat pie (only try scored in the second half by view) interesting to see how he goes against a injury-plagued shore backline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up and Over

Frank Nicholson (4)
Tips
Newington by 14 over Kings.
Kings played very well last week - drilled and hit hard ... but it was against weal opposition .... New will be just too strong
Scots by 7 over Joeys
If Joeys played exceptional there could be an upset, but !
View by 30 + over Shore
Last year Shore had a very passionate team and won this 2nd round game, but this year Shore have been woeful on the pitch (no plan, no standout players and bad execution) ... albeit the Boys do try hard

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
View by 30 + over Shore
Last year Shore had a very passionate team and won this 2nd round game, but this year Shore have been woeful on the pitch (no plan, no standout players and bad execution) . albeit the Boys do try hard

Agreed the boys do try hard and lack standout players, but "no plan"? I think that all GPS 1st XV coaches try to instil strategies and tactics - Shore is no different. Perhaps the plan goes out the window in the heat of battle.
("Everybody has a plan until they get hit." Mike Tyson).

Status
Not open for further replies.