• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
No room for smugness. I have been busy cheering my HOME GROWN team of boys play a massive game against Scots. Great game of footy.

Gee I hope we thump Newington next week. Grit and determination will triumph over the imports.

Oh dear. It looks like you've run out of excuses.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Shore First XV have only won 2 games over the last 31 GPS matches. Really don't know what can be done about the team performance. Each week they seem to give it their best, but frankly its just not good enough for the standard of rugby that is being played
Funny, they are not off the pace in the seconds or thirds.

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
Aren't many at Glengarry, and Scots opting out of encounters v other GPS 15As? Maybe I'm missing something, but how does that translate to a dominant outfit? Or is this 'on paper, based on u14 form...'? And who have 15s GPS teams played other than each other to evidence the asserted strength of the competition? There have been a no of efforts v other associations that were less than successful. You may be correct on both fronts, but where is the evidence?
ISA (Joeys went down to Augustines 4 tries to 2 on the weekend they were scheduled to play Scots 15A) or CAS (Knox beat Joeys and New in trials last time they played - yes i do know that athos were out. Waverley and Knox are 1 all in 15A match offs). I'm not claiming that either of these associations is stronger, simply that asserting the 'strength' of the GPS 15As comp without evidence is hubris.

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
ISA (Joeys went down to Augustines 4 tries to 2 on the weekend they were scheduled to play Scots 15A) or CAS (Knox beat Joeys and New in trials last time they played - yes i do know that athos were out. Waverley and Knox are 1 all in 15A match offs). I'm not claiming that either of these associations is stronger, simply that asserting the 'strength' of the GPS 15As comp without evidence is hubris.

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
Joeys
3 points 13 king
2 points the joeys back rowers , 6,7 and 8
1 the indigenous joeys winger . Forgot his number

Yirribi Jaffer-Williams? And if King played as well as you say he did, I truly am impressed. He hasn't had a great impression on me; I've retained the image of the lanky, tall (and slightly frightened) boy who got dominated last year by Hutchison in the Riverview game. Good on him, good to see he's come back strong from injury.

Furthermore, was there actually a streaker? Or is this just more forum nonsense that I've succumbed to?

F McGrath

Stan Wickham (3)
No room for smugness. I have been busy cheering my HOME GROWN team of boys play a massive game against Scots. Great game of footy.

Gee I hope we thump Newington next week. Grit and determination will triumph over the imports.
Such a shame to spoil the great rugby that has been on display in the GPS in the last few weeks with pathetic comments like this

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
You will find Waverley actually cancelled the u15s game against scots this year.
As for best u15 teams st Augustine's with full team (there 8 Harold Matt stars ) would flog any GPS team by plenty. Some of those stars were ex Nswpssa players as well.
Joeys must have good u15 team if they only lost to augs by 4 tries to 2.

How did joeys well drilled u15a go against the unproven scots u15a today who have had very little rugby this year due to glengarry?

Parentsplease

Stan Wickham (3)
You will find Waverley actually cancelled the u15s game against scots this year.
As for best u15 teams st Augustine's with full team (there 8 Harold Matt stars ) would flog any GPS team by plenty. Some of those stars were ex Nswpssa players as well.
Joeys must have good u15 team if they only lost to augs by 4 tries to 2.

How did joeys well drilled u15a go against the unproven scots u15a today who have had very little rugby this year due to glengarry?

And Riverview beat joeys 33 - 5 and beat auggies so your point is??

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
showandgo. , I don't think Waverley 15as would have cancelled a match against scots.

Certainly not based on form from the 1st semester scots team.

Either way Impressive score from scots 15as (2nd semester), team today against joeys.. That is a bit of an upset!

It Will be interesting to see how scots go in 16s next year.

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)

Check team sheet on that day when riverview won against st augs and if your upto to speed on all the best u15 players you will see many of the big guns didn't play that game for st Augs.

As for joeys v scots u15 I take it for sonny bill scots won.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
If joeys can play like they did today, they are a real chance to knock off newington, but no one else will knock off newington ... So the title is newington.

The only unanswered question is if joeys can do what Scots couldn't, and give scots a share of the title (barring any stumbles)

Or if newington can take the title undefeated

Status
Not open for further replies.