• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefencesitter

Allen Oxlade (6)
They don't sound very different to me at all.
Im not sure wether you read his comment quickhands. Clearly there is a difference. The Newington game hadn't ended. The Joeys game had. As a non bias supporter, and after reading the circumstances of the riverview school team (never beaten joeys that yr group), the running on the pitch was yes in some ways dissapointing, but in others memorable and brilliant, and what youth and school rugby cherishes.

footychixbeers

Stan Wickham (3)
Im not sure wether you read his comment quickhands. Clearly there is a difference. The Newington game hadn't ended. The Joeys game had. As a non bias supporter, and after reading the circumstances of the riverview school team (never beaten joeys that yr group), the running on the pitch was yes in some ways dissapointing, but in others memorable and brilliant, and what youth and school rugby cherishes.
I agree, i dont get all this squabble over the pitch invasion. As an old chap, i greatly enjoyed seeing the strict and enforced guidelines modern day footy games enforce, being broken by true school spirit. Give them a break honestly, most of those boys had never beaten joeys before

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
They don't sound very different to me at all.

Given its early days, only round 1, the view boys were a bit premature. But considering the perspective (first time ever, agonising defeat at Riverview last year, game had actually ended etc) and if you were at the game you'd see the invasion was led by old boys in the crowd with the current boys, and pretty much a domino impact after that. I suppose it would be a complete different story if someone had gotten hurt, but the actual invasion it itself is spontaneous and is a beautiful site - emotions boil over, and to be completely honest this has only re-sparked a rivalry that has died down a bit in recent years. Bring on round 2!!

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yesterday's most unfortunate incident, which blighted Round 1 for many, and the spurious allegations about who caused it, needs to be corrected for the record.

I refer, of course, to the dear Mums at Shore running out of the best pies in the business, and, so it would seem, all the BBQ sauce they floated off on.

Crackerjack that was gold ... I had visions of Clive Palmer double, ploughing through a sea of schoolchildren

Not even Gina Reinhart would have stood a chance.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
^^^^^^
It was an instinctive, primitive, reaction @SDW, sparked by the vision of those rapidly disappearing handfuls of greatness. The mere thought of missing out for a 2nd year running was simply unbearable for mwa. Like a fired up Maori Wrass moving through a school of pilchards, I wasn't gonna be 'denied' :)

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
The last try was actually Angus Bell (Y10) who was moved back up on Thursday in the wake of a domino effect that sent McGeoch to the firsts for the afternoon. Angus scored 3 that game, including the game winner you described. Can't think he'll move down now surely.
Highlights of the 2ndXV game at Hunters Hill yesterday. Thanks to the guys for putting on such an exciting game, any of them would match their 1stXV colleagues i reckon.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Seems the great AAGPS food debate has drawn fire from an unexpected quarter

Was in tears, Az. Some more GAGR "Gold"...!

Was only thinking this morning that one of the things I love to do on a Sunday morning now, apart from ABC's Insiders, ABC's Offsiders, walk with the bride and pooch, coffees in the Village, then ABC's Landline, is to catch up on the veritable 3-5 pages of posts about the best Rugby being played in the country. A privilege spruced up with chortles, titters and guffaws. Wouldn't be dead for quids!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I forgot to mention that there is a blog on Rd 1 here.

Give it a click.

PS - the Newington writer is no longer available so if somebody can write on some of their home games it would be appreciated.

OAUI

Allen Oxlade (6)
tjp8 said:
A graphic site for spectators watching the grammar vs joeys 3rds match yesterday, with the dynamic 13 for grammar having to rush off the field in a sea of blood in the first 5 mins of the game with a substantial part of his gum and teeth ripped and torn away from the rest, seemingly as he was tackling a joeys player: a stray boot perhaps? Sources tell me that his teeth and gum were successfully reset into place but unfortunately it sounds like he'll be out for 6-8 weeks minimum. Will his absence harm grammar 1sts?
With comments about Grammar #12 and #13 playing well, I was wondering maybe we are discussing the one player and that might be Alec Sheldon unless he was playing #10 ? Alec may be under the GPS radar playing in 3rds but those who are familiar with junior club would be aware of his abilities. Goes back to NSWPSSA representative honours. He has been continually identified in many pundits GPS representative teams for this year. Think he has also had his share of bad injuries over a number of seasons. Feel very bad if it is Alec injured and for him if ruled out for any length of time.​

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Rule change to tipping comp

As Rd 1 resulted in all Away wins, this is not ideal for a NO TIPS default result

NO TIPS will get a score 2 points less than the lowest Tipster for the round.

Tipping table to be published tonight

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Rule change to tipping comp

As Rd 1 resulted in all Away wins, this is not ideal for a NO TIPS default result

NO TIPS will get a score 2 points less than the lowest Tipster for the round.

Tipping table to be published tonight

Rule change fair enough too.

I note that in addition to playing away, all three winners weren't winning initially.

Says a lot about strength at Kings, View and Scots. The teams I predicted to finish 1,2,3 this year in season preview blog

tjp8

Bob McCowan (2)
tjp8 said:
A graphic site for spectators watching the grammar vs joeys 3rds match yesterday, with the dynamic 13 for grammar having to rush off the field in a sea of blood in the first 5 mins of the game with a substantial part of his gum and teeth ripped and torn away from the rest, seemingly as he was tackling a joeys player: a stray boot perhaps? Sources tell me that his teeth and gum were successfully reset into place but unfortunately it sounds like he'll be out for 6-8 weeks minimum. Will his absence harm grammar 1sts?
With comments about Grammar #12 and #13 playing well, I was wondering maybe we are discussing the one player and that might be Alec Sheldon unless he was playing #10 ? Alec may be under the GPS radar playing in 3rds but those who are familiar with junior club would be aware of his abilities. Goes back to NSWPSSA representative honours. He has been continually identified in many pundits GPS representative teams for this year. Think he has also had his share of bad injuries over a number of seasons. Feel very bad if it is Alec injured and for him if ruled out for any length of time.​
Sources tell me that it wasn't Alec who received the injury on Saturday (in fact Alec went on to run riot with 3 tries playing at 12 for grammar), rather it was his partner in crime, the grammar 13 (his name evades me) but he's been having a blinder of a season and it will be a shame to see him on the sidelines for a period of time.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Is that an early crow?

Is not intended to be. Just an observation re round 1. And providing some justification for my predictions in the preview, which many thought were off the mark. I sensed that playing trails against GPS opposition would give K, I and S a slight advantage in round 1. It would seem that might be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.