• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Omitted to include top 3 in my previous post.

ISJ
Riverview and Scots to share the honours
Joeys 3rd
Kings 4th
Newington 5th
Shore 6th

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
A bit of commentary for you Not in Straight.
As a Scots parent I watched the 1st through 3rd games against Kings and Shore.
Scots were clearly dominant over Kings in the 2nds and 3rds. Hard to believe that much can change in a fortnight. In the first half of the first XV game Scots were all at sea and Kings took advantage although they were far from convincing. In the second half Scots were in control and on that basis it's hard to see any other result this weekend (although Azzuri will clearly disagree!)
Scots are yet to settle down, they see-saw from playing exceptional running rugby to making basic mistakes and putting themselves under pressure. If they can consistently achieve the former they are genuine contenders again.
This weekend will be most telling.
< >
Good luck to all, may we have another closely fought set of matches this weekend.

Agree with much of what you say @Wristman in terms of the Kings and Scots 1's. How much can change in a fortnight, indeed? Weighing up the match-up this weekend, I do hope your right, but...

A couple of Kings players didn't play in that trial game 10 short days ago and am expecting they may have a big impact on Saturday's encounter if they do play.

Peitsch for Kings is all class, as he showed again coming back last weekend against New, even picking up a couple of meat pies as I recall. Millar also did not play in the trial game, but I think he's due to pull on the laces this Saturday.

The test on the weekend will be in the scrum. In the trial game, there was lots going on in there, especially early on with Kings THP Dan Lombardi and Scots LHP and captain of Rugby, Harry Todd, having a ding-dong tussle. I'm not sure there was even a clean set and engage for the first half-dozen or so attempts.

Am not going to say that Azzuri got Mario Ledesma down to moonlight on the Massie Flats with the Kings front row during last week's training sessions, but clearly from last weekend's Kings outing against the Newington pack, whatever was refreshed in the Dark Arts worked out just fine for the Kings pack, which from all reports from Stanmore was "rock solid".

Am also a bit of a believer that the boys lift some when the "real games" are on. Sounds a tad trite, I know, but trials are one thing, real games another.

Scots poor handling at Shore shouldn't be repeated this weekend (or at least I hope not!), and I am expecting a flowing, cracking game, the result of which will be as you say 'most telling'. Both sides will be hungrier for it than starving Lions looking at mobs of gazelles smothered in BBQ sauce.

(Hope this assist in @NIS's need for some comments!)

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)
Wristman, if you think Newington will come 5th and Scots first then you seriously have no idea about any of the teams capabilities this year.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
The Kings bandwagon is getting full Azzuri, I hope you have enough pies to go around. (and if I've been out the night before a can of Coke to go with it) :)

Ladies and Gentlemen the Kings Express is leaving platform one for North Parramatta in 2 minutes.... All aboooooooard!!!!!

PartyboyMike

Frank Row (1)
What's everyones thoughts on how New will go this year? - lost a lot of quality players from last year - Murray, Kennewell, Atiola, Piroddi, Mannix just to name a few

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Grammar 1st xv 1978??
I knew andy graham from that side.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
From the story told to me sjc shunned the post match speeches back in 78 after losing to sgs.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Ladies and Gentlemen the Kings Express is leaving platform one for North Parramatta in 2 minutes.. All aboooooooard!!!!!

tks-bus-network-map.jpg

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Wristman, if you think Newington will come 5th and Scots first then you seriously have no idea about any of the teams capabilities this year.

I seem to have touched a nerve.
What went wrong last week then?
So far.........Played 1 Lost 1
Let's review the record again on Sunday shall we?
I'll have a nice warm slice of humble pie waiting for you in the event of another loss....

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Agree with much of what you say @Wristman in terms of the Kings and Scots 1's. How much can change in a fortnight, indeed? Weighing up the match-up this weekend, I do hope your right, but.

A couple of Kings players didn't play in that trial game 10 short days ago and am expecting they may have a big impact on Saturday's encounter if they do play.

Peitsch for Kings is all class, as he showed again coming back last weekend against New, even picking up a couple of meat pies as I recall. Millar also did not play in the trial game, but I think he's due to pull on the laces this Saturday.

The test on the weekend will be in the scrum. In the trial game, there was lots going on in there, especially early on with Kings THP Dan Lombardi and Scots LHP and captain of Rugby, Harry Todd, having a ding-dong tussle. I'm not sure there was even a clean set and engage for the first half-dozen or so attempts.

Am not going to say that Azzuri got Mario Ledesma down to moonlight on the Massie Flats with the Kings front row during last week's training sessions, but clearly from last weekend's Kings outing against the Newington pack, whatever was refreshed in the Dark Arts worked out just fine for the Kings pack, which from all reports from Stanmore was "rock solid".

Am also a bit of a believer that the boys lift some when the "real games" are on. Sounds a tad trite, I know, but trials are one thing, real games another.

Scots poor handling at Shore shouldn't[/] be repeated this weekend (or at least I hope not!), and I am expecting a flowing, cracking game, the result of which will be as you say 'most telling'. Both sides will be hungrier for it than starving Lions looking at mobs of gazelles smothered in BBQ sauce.

(Hope this assist in @NIS's need for some comments!)
For the record Shore scrum was very tidy v Scots. Don't think there was any tightheads to anyone.

Scots were pretty good. I thought 7,13 and 15 were their best on Saturday.

I think what is really telling for Scots is they won 3 grades straight 2 weeks in a row. We are used to seeing an unbeatable 1st team and not much else.

kings will know they are in for a big game. peitch will help their cause but I am tipping Scots are a bit better than most of us are thinking.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.