• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madrugby 1

Frank Row (1)
Couldn't help feeling the kid got some bad advice. After I lost interest I think he got a head knock and came off.
These boys who get to play this game in possibly the strongest schools comp should stick with it - whether it brings them fame or fortune or just good times.
It depends what you referring to,I think his fast tracking himself,rather than hanging around for rugby who not gonna give you anything but they think you gonna stay loyal with them,look how many league players have they signed already it goes to show how bad rugby is going at the moment,they not looking after the young generation coming through,they have to start doing something about it or we gonna see this happen a lot and this is not new.
Wonder why the result is not working in our favour.
Super rugby fail
Shuite shield play for love
NRC fail
Wallabies fail against England and now the championship I think will be same result as England.

He starting this week for the bunnies im guessing his not getting bad advice his chasing his dream.

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
'marketing' strategy was a nice way to say recruitment policy to young'uns. im not picking on New. in the past, Kings have been equally as guilty. you are right, we dont know his circumstances but it appears from a distance that he is getting some bad advice. i hope he succeeds in the future.

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)
I was bagging you not the school.
What is holistic and balanced about shunting the soccer off to outside fields and not recognising the simple fact of life that New's demographic (as did/does Grammar's) prefers soccer - even though the skill with which it is played is deplorable at every level of GPS soccer I have had the misfortune to endure.
Part of the problem is the WASP/Anglo Celtic adherance to a bygone era. Australia has changed and, except for Shore, so have the GPS schools. if rugby doesn't deal with that change it will continue to struggle and things will get worse.
Forcing rugby on people who want to play soccer is not the way.

I can confirm that Newington do have plans to kick soccer out of the school and play at external fields. There is going to be a big renovation to Newington within the next 10-15 years.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
@NIS, you have one objective that you have still failed to meet this season and that is to provide the name and address of the Shore Pie supplier.

Given that next year I will not be stalking the GPS canteens on Saturdays I need to know where I can get a ready supply to take to colts games rather that being forced to endure the stomach wrenching, commercial quality slop being peddled at most grounds.

I can see a business opportunity

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It depends what you referring to,I think his fast tracking himself,rather than hanging around for rugby who not gonna give you anything but they think you gonna stay loyal with them,look how many league players have they signed already it goes to show how bad rugby is going at the moment,they not looking after the young generation coming through,they have to start doing something about it or we gonna see this happen a lot and this is not new.
Wonder why the result is not working in our favour.
Super rugby fail
Shuite shield play for love
NRC fail
Wallabies fail against England and now the championship I think will be same result as England.

He starting this week for the bunnies im guessing his not getting bad advice his chasing his dream.

Of playing in Canberra?
isn't the Toyota cup folding next year - thats going to make this dream chasing a dream.
Anyway my message to all boys leaving this year is to stick with the game they play in heaven its never about the money.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
@NIS, you have one objective that you have still failed to meet this season and that is to provide the name and address of the Shore Pie supplier.

Given that next year I will not be stalking the GPS canteens on Saturdays I need to know where I can get a ready supply to take to colts games rather that being forced to endure the stomach wrenching, commercial quality slop being peddled at most grounds.

Sorry Az, Commercial in confidence, cant do.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
NO - the student body still looks as Anglo Celtic as it did in the 70's

Its a little known fact about Shore, but Shore is not actually the schools proper name.

Believe it or not, it is actually called Sydney Church of England Grammar School.

So its actually a church school founded by the church of England.

So you might expect the school to be populated by boys from family s descendant from that faith, which incidentally is very Anglo based.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Is this the soccer thread?
Down the road from Northbridge at Willoughby Aloys play Barker first 15's on main oval at 3.15pm .. curtain raiser the firsts soccer at 1.30pm on main oval and second 15's at 12.15pm.

Won't be long till rugby playing at Willoughby Park and the soccer teams have the main oval all to themselves

I used to play rugby at Willoughby Park - I think it only has soccer posts now.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Its a little known fact about Shore, but Shore is not actually the schools proper name.

Believe it or not, it is actually called Sydney Church of England Grammar School.

So its actually a church school founded by the church of England.

So you might expect the school to be populated by boys from family s descendant from that faith, which incidentally is very Anglo based.

One could say the same about Kings and similar things about the Methodists at Stanmore and the Presbyterians at Bellevue Hill. Generally the same anglo tradition. All three are now reasonably diverse - certainly more so that Shore. Not that this implies either praise or criticism - just statement of fact.

pilf_enthusiast

Bob McCowan (2)
Getting off-topic resolving Newington's Rugby "woes", and having seen the game last Saturday, those "woes" don't reach up to the 1's, I'll offer up some puffery instead.

Leading Try-scorers - A 1st XV update, post-Round 8

8: Yassim (S), Rorke (I)
7: McTaggart (J), Day (J)
6: Smeallie (I), Duvall, H (N)
5: Pietsch (K), Turner (N), Reilly (J)

Thomas Yassmin* has scored 9 tries I believe

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Thomas Yassmin* has scored 9 tries I believe
Fair point on the spelling of the lad's name. My bad. Apologies to him.
My 'excuse' was that I was being a slave to the 'accuracy' of the AAGPS Results pages, which can be a tad dangerous.
Total tries to date that I have for young Tom, I still have at 8 all up in the 1's, but also noting that I don't think he started in the 1's in Round 1 (against Shore - came on quite late didn't he?), and as I recall, he only came on in Round 2 out at Kings after an injury, but he having grabbed 4? meat pies already that day in the 2's.
Happy to be directed as to how you get your 9-try Season total for him in the 1's. But to avoid Zzzzzz's to others, maybe just send me a Personal Convo rather than taking it up in the Forum. :)

loiterer

Sydney Middleton (9)

Azzuri, I would have thought that next year you would be free to go to Northbridge every weekend. Last weekend they were even serving beer there. Though they might only do that when the firsts win, which would generally make a long time between drinks. Though they serve pies whether shore wins or loses.

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
NO - the student body still looks as Anglo Celtic as it did in the 70's
IS, you are implying that Shore has a preference for Anglos and that is simply wrong. If a parent is willing to spend lots of money on private school fees, with a little notice they can send their boys to New, Kings, Scots or Joeys so those schools are changing faster. (If the kids are really good at rugby they can enter New or Scots even mid year- oooops did I say that :)). It is much harder to get kids into Shore and Riverview so change is occurring slower at these schools. No exaggeration, if a parent doesn't enrol their child on the day they are born, they have little hope of getting into Shore or Riverview. Most parents who aren't close to these schools don't know this so change happens slower. Even then, Riverview hopefuls may still not get in because they have to prove substantial Catholic upbringing. Ticking a 'Christian' box suffices for the Shore application so the Church of England thing is not a hurdle. Joeys also want Catholics only but they are less strict.

Shores academic results for a non selective school are amazing (it's daylight to next place among the non selective GPS schools) and it's partly because of a reasonably large proportion of Asian students-who generally don't sit in the stands watching rugby.

Riverview's 'selection committee' and only allowing entry for Catholics is far more antiquated and wrong.

Shore's pie selection criteria is also superior and I will be enjoying the benefits this Sat watching Shore and New go at it. This year's GPS comp is fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.