• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Barbarians tour to Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiago

Allen Oxlade (6)
first half

Lots of pressure and lots of "lobby" "yours" passes but
Alofa Alofa doesn't look out of place, Skelton looks better and better, Tala Gray looks alright

Crawford, Mitchell & Horne as expected, are a level ahead some of these units

Scrum is getting slaughtered
do you mean Lobbe?

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
well only saw the last 10mins, but scoreline aside it's bloody entertaining. VV trying to play schoolboys. C'mon mitchell. Farewell try!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Just tuned in, Who are these beautiful Argentinian women?

Springboks might get surprised by an Argie team with game time under there belt.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Argie line speed good; combining well except near end of first half. They would like to have better oppositon though.

Three tries were started from kick throughs after NSW had ball - if memory serves.

Looking forward to seeing LHP David Lolohea if he gets on - he was good scrumming for W Harbour last I saw.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
18 y.o.Horwitz on - scores.

Is that Lolohea I see - must be - he took up a lot of the screen.

Horowitz misses wide conversion - one of his weaknesses - not a great goal kicker.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
NSW playing better - still absent from rucks to protect their ball, but better.

Horwitz looking streets better than Volvo was … so far.

NSW get near Argie line and play pick and go - get PK but not game to take scrum - take lineout - get over but held up??

Yes.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
I've just started watching, but I like the look of Tala Gray, looks good at the back of the scrum and made a couple of good charges.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
NSW 5 M scrum shaky but get ball.

Scrum Argies - better NSW scrum - Arg break out but JMH too fancy and play breaks down.

Looks like a brand new NSW team in first 15 mins of 2nd half instead of just a few changes.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Better contest for Argies 2H.

Thought Lucas went off for blood. Holding his face.

You're right - he's back - pity I wanted to see more of Falelai'i.

Argies held up from lineout in again in only chance of 2nd half.

Argie scrum - here comes the scary part.

Status
Not open for further replies.