• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CCC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Hello,

I heard the CCC U18s got a bit of a touch up from the CHS U18s, but does anyone know how the U16s went in their trials against CHS?

Bill McLean (32)
Hello,

I heard the CCC U18s got a bit of a touch up from the CHS U18s, but does anyone know how the U16s went in their trials against CHS?

I couldn't get to last weekends trials so if there are other who viewed the game your insight will be much appreciated!

Kiwi Playing in Oz did you happen to get out to the CCC trials on the weekend? Your comments will not go unappreciated!

Bill McLean (32)
Sorry all I have only just realised that there is a thread pertaining to the NSWSRU trials so I think it would be best for all to post any relevant CCC trial infor there!

Saves cross threading which then becomes all to confusing to follow!

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Hello,

A pretty even game between CHS and CCC although CHS had a strong backline. Great ball handling in the wet from CHS. CCC defended brilliantly although went down 2 try to nil. Good first game as a team. Set piece was pretty good, with a little more time together show promise.

Bill McLean (32)
A pretty even game between CHS and CCC although CHS had a strong backline. Great ball handling in the wet from CHS. CCC defended brilliantly although went down 2 try to nil. Good first game as a team. Set piece was pretty good, with a little more time together show promise.

Hey Mum,

Lol ... (a phrase often used by bewildered teenage boys when they can't find any undies or socks) ... Did you happen to see how the centre Topiese Taufa went? A tall Tongan boy, usually has great defence.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Hey Mum,

Lol ... (a phrase often used by bewildered teenage boys when they can't find any undies or socks) ... Did you happen to see how the centre Topiese Taufa went? A tall Tongan boy, usually has great defence.

Yes he stood out as I recall him!!!! (whilst bumping into old college friends) The 10, 12, 13 and 14 were the stand out players in the CHS team. Is he the 12?

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)

Hi Rugby Mum,

Who, if anyone, stood out in the U16s CCC side?

regards,

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Under the circumstances not many stood out that i recall.Tyler Keys and Kieron Bonin are to be watched as they were both outstanding.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Niether! actually my son started on the bench - coming from the bench took a while to warm up, and fit into the game. he was not anything noticeable on the weekend, although he is a strong consistent and mobile prop and has earnt his stripes. :) I only know Tyler because we dropped him to the station to return him home and Keiron is in the NSW country team with my son. I like to think I am objective in my views and sometimes brutally honest. The Catholic in me I guess;)

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Niether! actually my son started on the bench - coming from the bench took a while to warm up, and fit into the game. he was not anything noticeable on the weekend, although he is a strong consistent and mobile prop and has earnt his stripes. :) I only know Tyler because we dropped him to the station to return him home and Keiron is in the NSW country team with my son. I like to think I am objective in my views and sometimes brutally honest. The Catholic in me I guess;)

Us tykes will go alright at the titles in late June.:) Reckon will can get CAS in game 1 and if it is dry knock over CHS in game 2.:cool: Someone told me the CCC scrum did not go well (losing tight heads) and the lineouts were a mess (on the championship blog). So the defence of the boys must have been brillant, if they can get their set pieces together; they will go close.

Hugie

Ted Fahey (11)
Rugby mum,

Your observations about Tyler and Keiron are as I saw them at the CCC trials (Richmond). Tyler is a very mobile hooker and is constantly looking for work, as is Keiron from the 2nd row. I really rate Keiron as a line-out jumper BUT he needs his lifters to get the timing right. If the props (your son) can get the timing this will make the CCC lineout very, very competative (with Tyler throwing in). Unfortunately Paul Ridgway the CHS U16 convenor also rates Keiron highly, so CHS can be expected to keep the ball away from him on CHS throws.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
I agree Keiron is a fantastic jumper - although my Prop did had trouble lifting him "from the bench'!
The other 2nd rower is new to jumping and is getting used to jumping. as my son is a capable lifter and has had the coaching from the "professionals" expressed his frustration as we discussed this on the way home As i mentioned some more time together I believe this years team will be very competitive.

V

Vinez2325

Capt for the under 16's was Topiese not sure about the 18's we left by then.

Bill McLean (32)
Capt for the under 16's was Topiese not sure about the 18's we left by then.

I hope young Topiese Taufa sticks with rugby. As stated before he goes to school at Kogarah Marist (admittedly a noted league school) which is attended by another lad called Michael Morgan who was NSWCCC's only NSWSRU U/16 representative last year.

They are centre partners for school in league and I for one would like to see how they fair as partners in rugby. Unfortunately Morgan was injured at his associations rugby trials this year, because the U/18's sure could use him right now!

V

Vinez2325

I hope young Topiese Taufa sticks with rugby. As stated before he goes to school at Kogarah Marist (admittedly a noted league school) which is attended by another lad called Michael Morgan who was NSWCCC's only NSWSRU U/16 representative last year.

They are centre partners for school in league and I for one would like to see how they fair as partners in rugby. Unfortunately Morgan was injured at his associations rugby trials this year, because the U/18's sure could use him right now!

Yes so do I:) and from the conversation to his father @ the game it sounds like that he too prefer Topi to stay in rugby.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)

I think Michael Morgan is playing with West Harbour.

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)

I find this comment about Michael Morgan's injury a strange one, as I am sure Michael was selected in the NSWCCC Open's rugby league team to contest the nationals; therefore, he would have played in the trials that were on the Friday and Saturday.

Are you saying he was not fit on the Monday, Tuesday but had recovered by Friday?

But I did notice that the U18's CCC rugby side originally had only 21 players named, then after Michael was selected in the league team they upped it to 22 players. Dont know if there is any connection.

Bill McLean (32)
I find this comment about Michael Morgan's injury a strange one, as I am sure Michael was selected in the NSWCCC Open's rugby league team to contest the nationals; therefore, he would have played in the trials that were on the Friday and Saturday.

Are you saying he was not fit on the Monday, Tuesday but had recovered by Friday?

But I did notice that the U18's CCC rugby side originally had only 21 players named, then after Michael was selected in the league team they up it to 22 players. Dont know if there is any connection.

As with every year I was out at both NSWCCC rugby union and league trials. He didn't play in either!

In saying that when they announced the U/18 league team his name was called and out he came on crutches and medical boot capsule on his leg (can't remember which leg though).

But that doesn't surprise me as he was selected in the U/18 NSWCCC RL team last year as an u/16. Another lad called Adam Elliot who is returning from a knee reco was also in the same boat as Morgan (i.e. didn't play but was selected because he too made the same team last year).

Status
Not open for further replies.