• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Country Eagles v Melbourne Rising, NRC round 5, Orange Saturday 20 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Rams playing at Ballymore that round, Rays at Brookvale and the Stars at Leichhardt. Anyone interested in a trip to the central west?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
So cynical for one so young. I was planning on a dash up to Orange on Saturday morning and a quick escape on fulltime.

Wineries? Why would I pester Orange wineries? :cool:

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
As soon as I saw this fixture I thought the same thing Lindo. Drive up through the mountains, watch some good rugby, dinner in Millthorpe, then stop by Phil Shaw on sunday morning, and head home.

As is usual, having young kids has messed with my dreams and desires.

I'll settle for hot chips and a tinnie of Carlton at leichhardt oval instead

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I'm planning on making it a day trip, rsa. Lunch at Church Bar in Bathurst and maybe a feed at Leura Garage on the way home.

PS. Last time I was there Church Bar had a local brew on tap, Red Rattler from Fish River Valley Brewing. DEElicious doesn't come close to describing it.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
had many good pizzas in church bar while working in Bathurst.

The oxford hotel is pretty good for a feed too, but the owner is a jerk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So, hands up if you lie a top of the table clash? I do!

The Rising are riding high after a tougher than expected win against Perth and will face an Eagles team who suffered their first loss against Brisbane City. The Eagles are full of super quality super rugby players and it will be tough to score points against such as good defending outfit.

I love the idea the 2nd best defensive team will play against the best attacking team in the competition. I feel this will be an absolute slugfest, with the opportunity for some brilliant breakout tries. The battle of quick wheels (Kellaway vs Veianu) will be a beauty, provided the get good ball. C couple of super rugby locks bashing heads will be entertaining at lineout time too.

No reports in injuries from the last NRC match. Placid was reported to be walking around fine on his sore knee. Couldn't recall any other players injured. I would expect Tom English to come back into the starting time and Veianu may slip back to fullback if Placid doesn't pull up.

Weather forecast is for fine weather and a warm 13 degrees. Like a summers day in Scotland...enjoy that.

No news on whether the match will be broadcast on social medial (RebRadio). Hopefully we canrely on GAGR and twitter to keep us informed.

for those going, here is the map.

Rising by 10.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Can't make it due to family event. But hope to get home in time to watch a stream (if there is one???)

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
the missus is interested, no test rugby to catch, will prob dash over to watch.

so thanks for the map!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I don't know - Veainu looked bloody handy at the back. We don't lose too much having Engo and Kamana on the wings.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'd run a back three of English, Veianu and Kamana. Less changes to the overall team that way. AS for replacements I'd being in a 5/8 or centre from the squad - wouldn't know where to start with out current list.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Meehan, Paila, Imo, Naufahu, and RLM are the only other backs in the squad I think.

With Engo probably missing the Vikings game as well, that's probably 2 debutants.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Rising are taking a 27 man squad to Orange. Few more locals included.

Melbourne Rising touring squad to Orange
Props
Ah-Nau, Cruze (Footscray/Melbourne Rebels)
Alo-Emile, Paul (Power House/Melbourne Rebels)
Sa’aga, Fereti (Melbourne Uni)
Simpson, Finbar (Melbourne)
Tuia, Tuiatua (Moorabbin)
Hookers
Leafa, Pat (Box Hill/Melbourne)
Sexton, Tom (Power House/Melbourne)
Locks
Hamilton, Angus (Harlequin)
Jeffries, Sam (Melbourne Uni/Melbourne Rebels)
Neville, Cadeyrn (Footscray/Melbourne Rebels)
Back Rowers
Jones, Luke (Moorabbin/Melbourne Rebels)
McMahon, Sean (Endeavour Hills/Melbourne Rebels)
Rolleston, Reuben (Endeavour Hills)
Simona, Pom (Harlequin)
Taufa, Sione (Harlequin)
Timani, Lopeti (Foostcray/Melbourne Rebels)
Halves
Debreczeni, Jack (Endeavour Hills/Melbourne Rebels)
Johansson, Lloyd (Harlequin)
Meehan, Ben (Box Hill/Melbourne Rebels)
Stirzaker, Nic (Endeavour Hills/Melbourne Rebels)
Centres
English, Tom (Melbourne Uni/Melbourne Rebels)
Imo, Shane (Footscray)
Inman, Mitch (Southern Districts/Melbourne Rebels)
Naufahu, Martin (Footscray)
Outside Backs
Kamana, Joe (Moorabbin)
Lautolo-Molimau, Rennie (Endeavour Hills)
Veainu, Telusa (Melbourne/Melbourne Rebels

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
What happened to Toby Smith? And does this mean we will see the debut of the man eating Fereti Saaga?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Dunno, may be injured? Didn't see him name in the injured list. Could be giving him a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.