• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Country v Greater Sydney Rams - Saturday 23 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Anyone got any info on Sam Windsor?

From Canberra (St Eddies Rugby Nursery), played 1st grade with Queanbeyan, then Easts in Sydney, then to Blackheath (National 1) in England, before returning to Queabneyan and doing a couple of pre seasons with the Brumbies. I believe he then played in Ireland the last year (a bit of Leinster A) before returning to Easts in Sydney thus his NSW Country affiliation.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
No Dirzeabone, then I reckon you must have had the Golf Umbrella then @IS.

I see a good representation of AAGPS Umbrella as well. Looks like a Scots, and a Newington job to the left.:)

Well spotted HJ.
No I waited for a mate with an umbrella and then it stopped raining until full-time.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
From Canberra (St Eddies Rugby Nursery), played 1st grade with Queanbeyan, then Easts in Sydney, then to Blackheath (National 1) in England, before returning to Queabneyan and doing a couple of pre seasons with the Brumbies. I believe he then played in Ireland the last year (a bit of Leinster A) before returning to Easts in Sydney thus his NSW Country affiliation.

Good player!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Taqele Naiyaravoro proved yesertday that he is the worst decision Michael Cheika has made. He seems very slow compared to the other winger for the rams and his hands are dodgy as. I know we're not allowed to think like this but there must have been someone in rugby already more deserving of that last contract spot.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Taqele Naiyaravoro proved yesertday that he is the worst decision Michael Cheika has made. He seems very slow compared to the other winger for the rams and his hands are dodgy as. I know we're not allowed to think like this but there must have been someone in rugby already more deserving of that last contract spot.
Weren't the conditions horrid? Surely he deserves a chance when it's not pouring rain to state his case?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Weren't the conditions horrid? Surely he deserves a chance when it's not pouring rain to state his case?

They were bad: but you know that!
He coped less well than others.
And his performances with the Tahs in the dry were underwhelming. If he wasn't getting $$ from them I'd give him a break but it pisses me off.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Was watching him in D on set piece.
Absolutely reliant on those around him to inform him who was his man.
And surprisingly got flogged in contact when he trucked it up in tight.
It wasn't a wingers day yesterday,I still think he will be dominant at this level.
I agree with IS in regard to him receiving a Tahs contract before "earning his stripes"

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Steve Mafi was a terrible decision to play in this game. He was hanging out on the wing all game doing nothing. I'm guessing he was short of fitness. Alcock late withdrawal?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
It might not have a winger's game, but Kellaway looked good. It seemed like he was involved in most of the 4 tries, but it was hard to tell because the bloody coffee wagon was blocking our view of the north west corner.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Nah, he didn't contribute much yesterday.
All the tries were pretty much on his wing,but I'd suggest that had more to do with who was supposed to be defending there,than anything else.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I assume that the Rams Eastwood and Southern players had a bit of a let-down after the SS Grand Final.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Nah, he didn't contribute much yesterday.
All the tries were pretty much on his wing,but I'd suggest that had more to do with who was supposed to be defending there,than anything else.

Okay, thanks. It was hard to see from where we were huddled -- missed all four tries.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Douglas was much better than he was for Souths the week before. Rams just didn't play the conditions well and made a ridiculous amount of handling errors. I think they'll put that one behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.