• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dingdong

I noticed that CAS I were missing Jamo Clark today. Didn't help their cause in their first game against CCC

CTPE, unless I'm mistaken Jamo played 10 for CAS 1 and I had him and Malaki as their best 2

T

theboss

Have to agree, there seemed to be more talent on the sideline than on the field for CCC at times. Never good when a team doesn't get a chance to do anywhere near their best. Can only hope the selectors can see thru the debarkle !!

Have to agree even the crowd was shouting to put N0. 10 back on the turf!

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
The CCC could have easily been the team to play GPS tomorrow; but when you have fwits coaching sides you get that result. A no:9 who made the ARU merit team gets 7 minutes in game 1 and no time in game 2 & a winning HM canterbury player again 7 minutes in game 1, no game time in 2.

I agree especially as I thought he was chosen as their starting no 9?

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Have to agree, there seemed to be more talent on the sideline than on the field for CCC at times. Never good when a team doesn't get a chance to do anywhere near their best. Can only hope the selectors can see thru the debarkle !!

Anyone who can read was expecting this - for the last 2 weeks everyone has been commenting here and in open schoolboy thread, that CCC had the cattle - but do the coaches have the smarts to put them on the park? Unfortunately it would appear that that question has now been answered. Shame really - there will be a few boys who careers likely come to an abrupt HALT. Hopefully they are playing club rugby and can come through via SJRU Sydney team.

This dear readers is exactly why 2 development strands works better than a single road to the top!

M

magpie4ever

Have to agree even the crowd was shouting to put N0. 10 back on the turf!

If the No:9 & No: 10 (numbers on their jerseys) had game time to create a combination to feed the centres, CCC could have pushed GPS in a final. So what do these d---heads do, no game time all day for 9, half a game for 10 to be replaced by a boy (sorry to say who is a non-tackler).

C

cold coffee

I noticed that CAS I were missing Jamo Clark today. Didn't help their cause in their first game against CCC

Apparently he played the first game and not the 2nd game vs country. Is that correct ?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
CTPE, unless I'm mistaken Jamo played 10 for CAS 1 and I had him and Malaki as their best 2

I was told early in the day that he'd been sick and wasn't playing. Mind you I was watching this game from a fair way back whilst talking with some players parents and wasn't paying as much attention as I did to the first two games.

M

magpie4ever

If a little adversity is enough to drive them away, then maybe Rugby wins.

Don't believe it's adversity, these kids have two possible pathways (union, league) & when they get slapped in the face by one (admittedly not by by the ARU but as I said d---wits) why not go bugger this.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
People should be upset. It's one thing to overcome bias & carry on with selections, but when poor tactical decisions cruel a player... As I said on another thread - hopefully these boys are playing at 16 regionals next weekend.

C

cold coffee

The first half of the GPS vs ISA game was a pleasure to watch. The GPS effort was clinical and to go to half time with a 26-0 lead was good enough to make changes from the bench. ISA to their credit came back and the 2nd half didnt blow out. ISA scrored a great try down the right side and showed that they are up there with the best sides on their day...

B

baldingwingforward

and that's why we can't continously compete with the sheepshaggers at the highest level.

Hmmhhh maybe - but imo it also has something to do with the Australian fascination of picking Islander boys in the front row and the engine room of the scrum. How many Islanders do you see playing prop for NZ? Answer... not many/zero! Just because they are big and heavy doesn't automatically mean that they can play well in the front row!

R

rara10

Hmmhhh maybe - but imo it also has something to do with the Australian fascination of picking Islander boys in the front row and the engine room of the scrum. How many Islanders do you see playing prop for NZ? Answer... not many/zero! Just because they are big and heavy doesn't automatically mean that they can play well in the front row!

or anywhere else for that matter skill is what counts

D

Dingdong

Don't believe it's adversity, these kids have two possible pathways (union, league) & when they get slapped in the face by one (admittedly not by by the ARU but as I said d---wits) why not go bugger this.

Every champion player in either code will cop a "slap in the face" at some stage in their career but none will walk away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.