• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah, Lucas Bateman was didn't make the CCC squad, as he was in the MCS team at the trials. I believe he is in the shadow squad; might go through via the Sydney junior's squad.

You must be thinking of a different "Lucas" or perhaps there's another Bateman as he is at Kings and would play GPS U16 not CCC.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
With the Tepai, Kellaway thing, do the boys themselves get a choice of which team they would prefer to play in, ie if they are both wanted by selectors from Schools and Sydney (i have a feeling they will be) do they get to put their hand up, or does the school, or their coach make the decision for them. or do schools get first pick and they have to accept it or vice versa

It depends on how much rugby the boy plays. If he only plays rugby at an affiliated School (CAS, CHS, GPS, ISA, CCC etc ) and no club rugby then he's only eligible for the Schools team. If he only plays rugby at junior club rep level and no school rugby then he's only eligible for the Sydney team. If he plays both then he's eligible for both and the NSWRSU and SRU take turns each year at "first choice". I'm happy to be corrected but I'm pretty sure that Sydney has first choice this year.

The Schools selection games are on the weekend of 24/25 June and they will pencil in a potential Schools team after that. The Sydney MSZ, MNZ and MWZ games are on about a week or so later and the Sydney selectors will then pencil in their team. They do a comparison of the teams before they are announced and if there are any clashes in selections the "first choice" rule is applied. Both teams are usually very strong and both have a good history of winnng the U16 National Championships.

rugby 92

Frank Row (1)
another contention for front row would have to be joeys 1st XV second rower matt sandell who played loosehead prop against new due in the trial and was very impressive and you wouldnt see better technique anywhere else

B

bigboy32

from what i've seen his plays to much in the backs, which may be where he will end up.

T

Tahs-No.-1

from what i've seen his plays to much in the backs, which may be where he will end up.
That sounds like a very stupid idea. No Offense, but he has not even the slightest build for a back
I would like to see him tighten up his game and maybe look at playing second row?

B

bigboy32

That sounds like a very stupid idea. No Offense, but he has not even the slightest build for a back
I would like to see him tighten up his game and maybe look at playing second row?

i agree, the way he has been playing though, apart from set piece he looks as if he is a back. yes he would be much a better player if he did play it tighter and second row would probably do that.

M

magpie4ever

You must be thinking of a different "Lucas" or perhaps there's another Bateman as he is at Kings and would play GPS U16 not CCC.

OK, sorry to Lucas. The young bloke i'm thinking of was in the JGRTC training squad (Hills); and i believe he made the merit team. I believe he goes to Marist Eastwood, plays for Eastwood. He goes ok, snowy hair and was probably unlucky not to make the CCC team.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
OK, sorry to Lucas. The young bloke i'm thinking of was in the JGRTC training squad (Hills); and i believe he made the merit team. I believe he goes to Marist Eastwood, plays for Eastwood. He goes ok, snowy hair and was probably unlucky not to make the CCC team.

The 2010 U15 no 9 was Lucas Vianellos who came out of the MWZ team so it might be him that you're referring to.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
what about 5/8's tulloch vs clark should be interesting..

Clark was the Sydney U15 no 10 last year and Tulloch the Country U15 no 10. Clark pipped Tulloch for the NSW U15 no 10 jersey. Hear Tulloch is doing good things at Kings in16As and I know that Clark is playing CAS opens for Trinity but understand that he played last weekend at no 15.

B

bigboy32

Clark was the Sydney U15 no 10 last year and Tulloch the Country U15 no 10. Clark pipped Tulloch for the NSW U15 no 10 jersey. Hear Tulloch is doing good things at Kings in16As and I know that Clark is playing CAS opens for Trinity but understand that he played last weekend at no 15.
yes tulloch has been playing very well for kings, and probably one of the reasons why they are going so well this year. clark could be a candidate for the 15 jersey then with kellaway and tepai in the centres?

M

magpie4ever

The 2010 U15 no 9 was Lucas Vianellos who came out of the MWZ team so it might be him that you're referring to.

Might be talking crosswires here; I'm talking about a prop - isn't Lucas a prop?

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Curious thought - Clarke might be in trouble for playing out of position at school. This season he has played most of the time at 14, and only at 15 after Clunies was injured. (might even have lined up at 13 for school). Still he'll get his chance at #10 at the state champs, but even then I recall reading somewhere that he wasn't assured the #10 at parramatta. Will be very interesting. Still it's reported that he is freak goal kicker - that might get him fitted in somewhere just for the points.

B

bigboy32

i think he will get either the 12 or 10 jersey for parra with cale angeloni if thats how u spell it in there with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.