• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic comps

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

NZ Rugby award winners for 2023​

Referee: Ben O’Keeffe

Volunteer: Allen Grainger (Waikato)

Club: Auckland University

Community impact: Steven Li (Asian non-contact programme)

Age-grade player: Harry Godfrey (Hawke’s Bay)

Heartland player: Siu Kakala (South Canterbury)

NPC player: Etene Nanai-Seturo (Counties Manukau)

Farah Palmer Cup player: Krysten Cottrell (Hawke’s Bay)

National men’s coach: Neil Barnes (Taranaki)

National women’s coach: Rawinia Everitt (Northland)

New Zealand coach: Cory Sweeney (Black Ferns Sevens)

Super Rugby Pacific player: Scott Barrett (Crusaders)

Super Rugby Aupiki player: Lucy Jenkins (Matatū)

Tom French Memorial Māori player: Aaron Smith (Ngāti Kahungunu, Manawatū)

Richard Crawshaw Memorial NZ men’s sevens player: Akuila Rokolisoa

NZ women’s sevens player: Stacey Waaka

Black Ferns player: Liana Mikaele-Tu’u

All Blacks player: Ardie Savea

National men’s team: South Canterbury

National women’s team: Auckland Storm

New Zealand team: All Blacks sevens

Kelvin R Tremain Memorial player of the year: Ardie Savea

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sky have dumped both Grassroots & Mainfreight Rugby which provided coverage of club & Heartland footy, respectively :(

Hopefully backers can be found to keep one or both going even if it ends up on a streaming platform (looking at you, NZR) rather than FTA & subscriber TV as was the case.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well with the NPC suggesting they maybe talking to FTA going forward in the announcement of new sponsor (I should of posted it here), I think something may happen. But I also like NZR site doing something, although all club stuff streamed here anyway.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Real interested to read that Gallagher Insurance are to be partners of the NPC comp in a 3 year deal. Seems the comp still being sponsored by Bunnings (and be called that), but Gallagher have come in with the NPC provinces and they setting up own marketing etc, even got to point of talking maybe taking the comp to tv in seperate deal. The Gallagher Ins is the one from Gallagher Prem in NH and all teams will have their logo on jersey etc. They reckon there a few more parties they talking to, and seem to be almost setting up similar to Super rugby commission, kind of lead on after the NZR report that suggested NPC needed to be trimmed. I like it a lot, a real lot.
NPC baby the way forward!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well with the NPC suggesting they maybe talking to FTA going forward in the announcement of new sponsor (I should of posted it here), I think something may happen. But I also like NZR site doing something, although all club stuff streamed here anyway.

Well if they're already streaming club there's no real reason to not keep things rolling with Heartland after the club season is over. Hell, if they do that I might even sign up for it.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well if they're already streaming club there's no real reason to not keep things rolling with Heartland after the club season is over. Hell, if they do that I might even sign up for it.
Don't know if it them streaming the club rugby mate, just know it's streamed, maybe the Naki union doing it here etc. But you right I would like it and heartland on NZR app. Not sure why you or any rugby fan haven't signed, it free, has a few semi interesting things on it.