• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic comps

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mighty 'nua get first shot at the Log on 12 July, with South Canterbury to follow in the unlikely event of Wellington retaining it...

NPC draw (incl Shield matches)

Heartland Championship draw

Farah Palmer Cup draw TBA, not sure why the delay but hope it's a bigger & better rather than smaller & poorer scenario - I know some of the Unions were really struggling to put out teams last year.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I don't want to seem like a seer or anything, but believe I predicted the Nua would get first an early shield challenge whem Wellington won it last year. Nua has a pretty good relationship with Wellington.
As well pointed out by you, South Canterbury must be gutted knowing apart from a rort by the Ref , the shield will then reside in Levin!

By the way, just informed other half we will be in Levin on July 12th!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well as I can't get down to Levin today, I guess I will have to watch the Mighty Nua take the Shield off Wellington on Sky today!!!

C'mon the Mighty Nua!!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Where's Shiggins?? Obviously a disgusting one eyed refereeing perfoance resulting in a 68-7 point loss to the Nua!!!:mad:

When will justice be done??

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ beat the spread (67.5 pre-match, 69.5 part-way through) so a moral victory, surely.

Geez how old is Ryan Shelford now? Gotta be pushing 40.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Farah Palmer Cup Premieship underway:

Canterbury 58-29 Wellington - good effort from Cantabs with a heap of players away at Pac4
Hawkes Bay 32-31 Auckland - great result for the Prem newbies
Bay of Plenty 0-50 Waikato
Counties Manukau had the bye

Seven-team Prem takes an extra week to run than the six-team Championship (no Southland again this year) so that gets underway next week.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And well who was a bit dumb. Taranaki playing Wellington on Saturday at Manaia (about 15 kms up the road, and who ignored email notices saying tickets were selling pretty well, and now can't get 1 ticket as it sold out!!! FFS it's preseason, they not meant to sell out!!! Only a msall park I know but:mad:
Anyway I still pretty happy. NPC starts next week !:D

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mako v Otago to open the NPC.

Great to see Waisake Naholo back in the blue & gold*

Minute of silence for the passing of the legendary Tane Norton.

* Edit: I seem to have jinxed the poor bugger, limping off 15 min in :(

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez watching Hawkes Bay/North Harbour live staright after test, it's being played at about 120mph, a bloody ripper of a game!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Quinn Tupaea returning to action with Mooloos today. Also Angus Ta'avao for Aux in the early game in which they came back from a big deficit, Zarn S nailing a sideline conversion to make Golden Point unnecessary.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
LOL someone mustn't have paid their Southland Rugby Union sponsorship/ advertising bill 'cos there's plywood where a coupla sideline hoardings would otherwise be. Either that or the groundstaff have some explaining to do wrt a dinged-up tractor...

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Quinn Tupaea returning to action with Mooloos today. Also Angus Ta'avao for Aux in the early game in which they came back from a big deficit, Zarn S nailing a sideline conversion to make Golden Point unnecessary.

& has failed an HIA so potentially a very short comeback :(